• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Supernatural Types

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
So I was wondering what types some of the characters from Supernatural (TV Show) are. Me myself I am not quite sure yet, so I figured I'd ask for some help. =/

Okay so there is

~ Dean Winchester
trying to keep his emotions hidden, because he needs to be strong for his brother; very impulsive; fighty; believes only what he sees; values his family and their safety more than anything else; sarcastic humor...more abilities

I have read somewhere that Dean is typed as an ISFP. And someone I know typed Dean more of an Exxx something. Personally I am not sure yet.

~ Sam Winchester
very emotional; very intellectual; questions orders / rules; very caring; has faith even without seeing the stuff first...more abilities (not sure if they help too much tho)
You could say that Sam is like some sort of balance for Dean. Maybe Laney can say a bit more about Sam. I am pretty focused on Dean. ^^°

If wished we can also try to type
John Winchester, Mary Winchester, Bobby
Azazel, Aleister, Crossroads Demon (female)
Ruby
Castiel, Uriel, Anna

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sam could be an INFJ. And, for the sake of opposites, Dean strikes me as ESTP, though a warmer one.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Sam could be an INFJ. And, for the sake of opposites, Dean strikes me as ESTP, though a warmer one.
Hm, ESTP and INFJ huh? That could actually be.

Do you know the show or did you just stick to my description? =)

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I watch it, heh. Actually I wondered sometimes which type would they be, so I'm glad you opened the thread.
*worships you* More SN Freaks!!
Uh...*coughs* I mean...Meh. :D

From what I researched no one even bothered to type them. I don't get it. Really not. I mean I have to know what Dean is, otherwise I can never find a guy like him. And Laney can never find a Sammy-Type. =P
Anyways.

I am happy you like the idea. I kinda didn't believe Laney and me were the only interested persons in them.
And your guess actually seems pretty accurate to me. I mean as far as I can tell at least. o.o

Last edited:

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX
Dean: ESxP, with both x-sides well developed.
Sam: Apart from being a recovering wussy, Kora may be right.

If wished we can also try to type
John Winchester, Mary Winchester, Bobby
Azazel, Aleister, Crossroads Demon (female)
Ruby
Castiel, Uriel, Anna

You mean, YOU WANT us to take a guess on these two ;) :p.

Azazel: INTJ
Castiel: ISTJ?
Ruby: HAWT bitch.

Too bad, the series is gonna end with season 5.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Too bad, the series is gonna end with season 5.

Are you serious? *pouts* I haven't watched since season 3 (there have been vast and unfair issues with my getting downloadable versions in South Korea. Nearly everything US is blocked. *pouts*

Always loved Sam and Dean. Identified with Sam, crushed hard core on Dean. Jeez, that guy should never ever wear anything but those jeans....that's deviating from the point of this isn't it?

I think you might be right about Sam being an infj, or else maybe an infp because I get that feeling that he thinks everything is his fault.

Dean, and E and a J maybe? He sure does have a lot of opinions, that makes me think J. Don't know about the middle bits though...

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think you might be right about Sam being an infj, or else maybe an infp because I get that feeling that he thinks everything is his fault.
I thought INFP for him too, but he shows a lot of J.
But I agree with you, they should do more shirtless scenes.

Also, I think John was an ISTJ. Or ISTP, I'm not sure.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Whoaa, have we just found MORE Supernatural Freaks here? Gee, thought Laney and me were the only ones. But we are not. Awesome, more people to share my SN stuff with! :D

Heh, and yeah, that Azazel was an INTJ was so clear. The evil guys always are. *rethinks about that sentence again* Wait...does that mean I am too? O__o

Uh, anyways. (Let's quickly forget about that)

Oh uhm, Alpha? Ruby really IS hot. =)
She seems one of the "colder" types tho. I mean she is pretty bossy and cold or is that just me?

Castiel seems to be twisted. He should be cold, but he can't really. He is always a bit struggling with his conscience.
And Uriel is just an ass. He is one of those people without conscience anyways. At least until Season 4, Ep 10. What comes after we will see.

Anna is hard for me to tell. Probably because I don't really like her.

Who else...
Ah, Aleister. Well...very evil. Probably he will score INTJ too. But I saw him twice so far, and only for a couple seconds so it is hard to tell yet.

The Crossroads-Demon...she seemed very secure of herself, liked to manipulate people, play with them, boss them around, and yet she was very smart. Probably another "Mastermind-Type".

Bobby...well, very prudent, smart, caring...not sure where to put him yet. Could he be a mixture of Dean and Sam? Tho, maybe a bit more Sam?

Mary and John...well, John seems very "Dean-ish". Mary seems more "Sam-ish".
What do you think? =)

lane777

nevermore
~ Sam Winchester
very emotional; very intellectual; questions orders / rules; very caring; has faith even without seeing the stuff first...
You could say that Sam is like some sort of balance for Dean. Maybe Laney can say a bit more about Sam.

Other than the above, other qualities that stick out in my mind are: excellent communicator, connects with people easily, sensitive to others feelings, research/information junkie, talkative, opinionated, serious, cautious.

Strikes me as an eNFJ.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Other than the above, other qualities that stick out in my mind are: excellent communicator, connects with people easily, sensitive to others feelings, research/information junkie, talkative, opinionated, serious, cautious.
True, I forgot some of those. I guess I was allover Dean with my mind. ^^°
Tho, I like Sam. I really do. A lot. But not as much as Dean.

Oh, but what I meant to point out is...Sam might connect easily with people, but at the same time he is not like...superchatty. I mean somehow I do see him more "introverted". Tho, that is probably a definition-thing. But yeah, eNFJ could work too. With the small "e", really. He reminds me of myself somehow, when it comes to communication. He is kinda quiet, tho when he needs to he does talk to people, like when they do their researches and they need to get information from others or so. *nod*

On a sidenote: Awesome you joined in, Laney. :hug:

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, but what I meant to point out is...Sam might connect easily with people, but at the same time he is not like...superchatty. I mean somehow I do see him more "introverted". Tho, that is probably a definition-thing. But yeah, eNFJ could work too. With the small "e", really.QUOTE]

I guess I would just point out here that infjs can be surprisingly social. If you saw me with my students, or when I'm walking with a friend or two, or talking on a phone, you might think I was an extrovert. If you see me in a group of more than three, or if you note how I'll dissapear into my room, or the mountains on weekends, you'd know I'm most definately not. That being said...I think Sam may be a much better I(or small e)NFJ than I am. I loved how smart he was compared to Dean at the beginning of the series, it was a fun contrast.

(will you guys hate me if I say I have only seen half way through season 3? I really love the show but moving to Korea and the issues I've had getting access to US television kind of put my favorite shows on the back burner...for about a year)

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I guess I would just point out here that infjs can be surprisingly social.
Yeah true, I completely forgot about that, even tho I actually DO have an INFJ friend. Doh. :doh:

I think Sam may be a much better I(or small e)NFJ than I am. I loved how smart he was compared to Dean at the beginning of the series, it was a fun contrast.
He still is. Well, let's say Sam is more uh..."serious" than Dean. Dean strikes me more as a person who just enjoys life very often. I mean look at how much he eats, drinks, fools around with girls etc. :D

(will you guys hate me if I say I have only seen half way through season 3? I really love the show but moving to Korea and the issues I've had getting access to US television kind of put my favorite shows on the back burner...for about a year)
Hah, nah, no big deal. =)

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Bobby: ISFJ?
Could be.
I mean what do we know about him? He IS some sort of mix between Sam and Dean, no? So yeah, could probably be. =)
Man, kinda hard to type those people. I am still not too good at it yet. I mean I don't want to be stereotypical or so. :dry:

On a sidenote: Do you guys know of any decent, english SPN Forum? I haven't found one. I am seriously considering to make one myself.

lane777

nevermore
Oh, but what I meant to point out is...Sam might connect easily with people, but at the same time he is not like...superchatty. I mean somehow I do see him more "introverted". Tho, that is probably a definition-thing. But yeah, eNFJ could work too. With the small "e", really. He reminds me of myself somehow, when it comes to communication. He is kinda quiet, tho when he needs to he does talk to people, like when they do their researches and they need to get information from others or so. *nod*

On a sidenote: Awesome you joined in, Laney. :hug:

Hehe, how could I resist?

You're right he's not a yacker, however, I figured his gender could account for his lack of chattiness. Perhaps e men are less chatty than female e's? Anyways, I'm satisfied with either i or e, really, but since I'm not so learned with the MBTI system, I'll go with whatev you say. INFJ it is then.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Hehe, how could I resist?
You're right he's not a yacker, however, I figured his gender could account for his lack of chattiness. Perhaps e men are less chatty than female e's? Anyways, I'm satisfied with either i or e, really, but since I'm not so learned with the MBTI system, I'll go with whatev you say. INFJ it is then.
Heh, actually I am not too trained either to type people. So it could be E, but also I. Hm, but from comparing my one INFJ friend to Sam, they are pretty much alike, so I don't know, could be. I mean I don't think I have an ENFJ friend to compare. So xNFJ is fine anyways. Close enough I guess. =)

And how could you resist? Who knows. Hehe. :D

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Magneto's type is INTJ, and so is Fagneto's.