• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Supernatural Types

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
^ Okay, my apologies Mr German shepherd.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Kay you guys. So I am gonna do it. I am gonna plan a SPN Forum, since no decent english Forum can be found out there (incredible, really. :dry:).
But that only on a sidenote.

Oh, and I have a question about Sam and Dean: Do you think they had the same Types when they were kids? I mean we can see them a couple of times. So I wondered.
I can definitely tell Dean was very independant already and already very looking out for Sam.
And Sam was all innocent and clueless. Is there even a Type for such a thing? :D

Oh, oh! And what about Bela? (Gee, I hate her, but I never listed her. And why do they spell her with one "L" only anyways?)

PoprocksAndCoke

A Benign Tumor
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yay! Supernatural freaks!

Let's see, I already typed most of them.
Dean: ESxP
Sam: eNFJ (Love ya)
Bobby: INTJ
Anna: eNFJ (Join the dark side, Anna.)
Castiel: HAWT or possibly INTP.
Uriel: ASS
John Winchester: INFJ
Ruby: ISFP
Bela: I loved Bella. My favorite ENTJ.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Supernatural

Been ages since I watched that show, but I'll still give the main characters a shot.

Sam: Probably INFX. I think.
Dean: ESXJ most likely, though he looks like an ESTP at first.
Bobby: ISXJ
Castiel: ISTJ
Ruby: Can't remember her very well at all, but maybe ENTJ. She was scheming the whole time and rather commanding and manipulative.
Yellow Eyes: XNTJ. I'm thinking INTJ.

I never saw the end of the series. Probably harder to type Lucifer here, but on the outside, he APPEARED to be INFJ. He said he never lied, but you know, that could have been a lie and he's just playing them the whole time, which is likely.

Last edited:

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not convinced about Dean as ESTP. On the surface it looks pretty obvious, but his overriding motivation in almost everything he does seems to be to keep the family together. He was always the good son, the responsible one, the one who did what his dad told him without questioning and the one who above all looked out for little Sammy. That sounds more like an ESTJ than an ESTP to me. The nomadic nature of their lifestyle looks more ESTP, but that's meant to be part and parcel of being hunters. When he doesn't have someone to look after he goes to pieces.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I'm not convinced about Dean as ESTP. On the surface it looks pretty obvious, but his overriding motivation in almost everything he does seems to be to keep the family together. He was always the good son, the responsible one, the one who did what his dad told him without questioning and the one who above all looked out for little Sammy. That sounds more like an ESTJ than an ESTP to me. The nomadic nature of their lifestyle looks more ESTP, but that's meant to be part and parcel of being hunters. When he doesn't have someone to look after he goes to pieces.

Good point. After thinking a bit, he could be some kind of EXXJ. I think ENFJ, ESFJ or ESTJ would all work pretty well.

KDude

I haven't seen the entire series, but my 2c:

Dean : ESTJ
Sam : INFP
Loki/Gabriel: ENTP
Crowley: ENTJ
Anna: INFJ
Meg: ISTP
Pamela: ENFJ

F

figsfiggyfigs

I haven't seen the entire series, but my 2c:

Dean : ESTJ
Sam : INFP
Loki/Gabriel: ENTP
Crowley: ENTJ
Anna: INFJ
Meg: ISTP
Pamela: ENFJ
yup yup yup!! <3!!!!

I definitely think dean is ESTP or ESTJ, and Sam is an INFP/J, Love the show! :D

KDude

I see more Fi.. One of the main themes of the show is how he was traditionally more independent (and confused) than Dean when it came to their task. Along with family loyalties too. He fought with his dad, wanted to make his own way in the world, and ran off for awhile. Dean resents it a bit. There's a few story arcs where it keeps creeping up, where Sam ends up breaking ranks, feeling like he's had it. Secondly, Pam calls Dean "Dean", and Sam "grumpy". He's got values, but his F, socially speaking, isn't always apparent.

Both of them kind of a struggle with a sort of alternative Se/Si and Fi/Fe sense of direction though.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I see more Fi.. One of the main themes of the show is how he was traditionally more independent (and confused) than Dean with it came to their task.. and especially with family loyalties. He fought with his dad, want to make his own way in the world, and ran off for awhile.

You could put that down to Fi, or you could put it down to the fact that they live so differently to everyone else around them, and Sam resents being forced to be a 'freak' by his family. Which looks more Fe than Fi to me. All the backstories I've seen are of Sam wishing he could live a more normal life, and his rebellions are centered on trying to get that normal life.

KDude

Fair enough. Tbh, I think they're both hard to pin down, but that's my reasoning. I thought Anna came off as the more INFJ-ish character. Sam isn't all that different from Ruby in demeanor (oddly, I was just reading that the two actors got married.. not sure if they themselves are Fi doms though :p).

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Whatever Dean is, I find him very attractive! That leads me to believe he is some form of EXXP since those are typically the type of guys I like. I do, however, understand the argument for ESFJ. Sam is definitely IXFX. I could see INFJ. I should probably mention that I've only watched the first season so I don't really know what I'm talking about here. :p

Murrdogg

Dean: ESTP
Sam: INTP. He shows Fe. But it's only to Dean and some strangers. He is open to things he was taught not to do (Ne). Intellectual (NT).
John: ISTJ
Bobby: ISTP
Azazel: INTJ
Ruby: (Season 3) ENTJ. (Season 4) INTJ.
Lilith: ENTP
Eve: ENFJ
Dick Roman: ENTJ
Metatron: INTX

CourtneyJD

MBTI Type
ENxP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dean: ESTP-hard core. He is a classic doer. Doesn't think of the consequences to his actions, ect. But he is fun loving, spontaneous, and good natured (also-I love him more than is OK for me to love a fictional character).
Sam: INFJ-strives to have a normal, orderly life, but his idealism, his loyalty toward Dean, and his caring for others makes him continue the Family Business. He also is surrounded by that INFJ tortured sad aura.
Castiel: ISTJ- talk about the Duty Fulfiller complex. Mind you, he did rebel, but that was after thousands of years of just doing what he was told.
Bobby: ISFJ-I say this because my dad is about that age and is a male isfj, and he really reminds me of him.

Women characters: non existent or not well thought out.

DreamBeliever

Sam- INFJ
Dean- I could see ESTP for him, but lately I'm leaning towards ESFP

Just going off my hunches here, though.