• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Vin Diesel's type

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
I am reminded of one of our spammers who listed his type as "SEXY." :blush:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think he's an extrovert. He isn't shy, but he didn't seem to be energized by the attention and the crowds, though he was giving it his best shot.

The "Duty!" thing could point to his being a Guardian or at least considering Guardians the ideal.

His list of famous actors that has worked with the guy (director?) he's working with didn't seem to have a common thread other than that they are all actors.

He was very focused on the effects his physical transformation had on his co-workers, which strikes me as a very concrete thing to focus on.

He admired the loyalty and family ties of the mobster he was portraying.

ISFJ sounds like it could be right.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Thank you for your input, cafe! :) You've pointed out just the things that made me think SFJ (plus a few more), and I think you're right about the I. Thinking about it now, I don't even know why I thought E originally.

*picks up gavel* Vin Diesel as ISFJ: Going...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably a wasted post here, since I feel I have not examined him enough to be "educated" on his personality... but I would support an ISxx reading.

Interestingly, he was cast as the voice of the Iron Giant in the movie of the same name... which was a fairly sentimental movie.

I also remember him in Saving Private Ryan, and the few clips I saw of his more action-oriented pictures. Even in the latter, he seemed to be understated as an actor, and seemed to have a very soft and open heart in how he interacted... not just the character he was playing, but what he was bringing to the role.

ISTx types come off as harder to me, when I watch them. I would recommend examining the possibility of an ISFx reading. (Although, to be honest, he reminds me of other ISFP males I know. Driven by the internal Fi, they have a keen sense of decency and compassion, but are very kind and low-key jovial and laid-back on the surface. ISFJ males seem to be more structured, less spontaneous and easy-going as the ISFP. And I could see an ISFP male really enjoying doing the action-oriented movies, whereas the ISFJ male tends to be rather indifferent. But admittedly these are just the broad feelings I get from him. I haven't done enough real research to know.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the only thing we can confirm is xxFJ, since loyalty to family and/or traditional values is technically an Fe trait.

I could even go with xNFJ for Vin Diesel. There is a tendency for xNFJs to play xSTP characters, since, as opposites, an xNFJ would like to act out their weaker functions in a more controlled environment, such as through writing or acting in a movie. The way he acts in daredevil parts is basically his imaginative play.

I'm thinking that the profession of acting is mostly Intuitive. I think Intuitive actors are actually the ones who are good actors, because they can impersonate characters that are unlike the way they really are. Sensing actors tend to impersonate themselves.

And let's not forget that Vin Diesel has also written and directed independent movies before he made it big, indicating an early passion for Intuitive expression.

But the only thing I'm willing to confirm for Diesel is Extraverted Feeling.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could even go with xNFJ for Vin Diesel.
Now I'm going to have to dig in and think this through. Let's definitely have the INFJs and ISFJs fight over who he belongs to. :D This is hilarious.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
Since it appears I inadvertently signed up for celebrity typing :) (what's up with that btw?!?) I watched/read the interviews and here is what I got: ISFJ. I also really liked the movie Find Me Guilty and remember it well now. I don't think he is Fe dominant therefore excluding ESFJ. I would say most of the roles he picks are very S type. In fact the Pacifier movie in itself is a good example of this. He is doubtless an F. When watching all of the clips a couple little parts jumped out to me as "wow that sounds almost N-like". He reminds me of all the ISFJs I know though. They are about as close to NF as any of the SJs. If N is developed it's obvious in them and can be mistaken. I think that's why I attract this particular personality because we connect a bit here.

Find me guilty:
Wanting to work with a particular person was his biggest draw to the movie.
Why he liked the character: love, loyalty and family. (very SJ)
Actually gaining the weight for the movie. That struck me as very S for some reason.

Pacifier:
Liked working with the babies and taking care of them. He talks repeatedly about caretaking on the set. He really mentioned alot of the physical needs and gave lots of descriptions. He certainly in that interview came out as very SF. One of my ISFJ friend wants to have as many kids as he can too (though really this doesn't mean too much I suppose.)

The red carpet interview:
He talks alot about making himself sensitive to the process others play, makes him more committed and help with the over all picture. (when he was talking about the big picture it sounded kind of N like. However every ISFJ wants to see the big picture. His N here came out a bit, but not enough to make him overall an NF in my pov.)

The most telling thing he said when put on the spot and had to improvise about what this movie was to others he said: "We are all accountable to do our duty". It sounded like a life philosophy and perhaps one of the reasons he was attracted to the script. How stereotypical ISFJ do you need to say that?

This is all an opinion and subject to refutation. However he used many statements and "key words" (committed, loyal, duty etc.) often that I look for when typing people.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
here is what I got: ISFJ.

Thank you! :yay: (That's 'thank you' for taking the time and 'yay' for confirming ISFJ. :))

Since it appears I inadvertently signed up for celebrity typing :) (what's up with that btw?!?)

I'm trying to compile a list of 16 world-famous men and women of each type in order to illustrate the MBTI spectrum to newcomers. I'm focusing on actors partly in order to keep the profession constant for fair comparison and partly because actors' (off-screen) personalities are easy to research since they are in the public eye and at the very least do interviews to promote their movies. The idea is to make a webpage when I have almost all types covered.