• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harry Potter and MBTI

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haven't read through the thread because I'm tired and lazy so sorry if this has been mentioned but I don't think Snape is INTJ. I really believed he was for a long time but I think he was stuck in a si-fi loop so ISTJ? It dawned on me not long ago that INTJ might not be correct for this reason. Any thoughts on this?

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually think Snape was an INFP. Lily was what kept him going, so I see Si, but I don't think it was a healthy dom or aux use of Si. Snape was tremendously introverted-but-outwardly-complex (Fi-Ne), emotional, brave, and principled, which make me say Fi-dom. The Fi-Si loop is there, though.

anastasiatremaines

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always saw Snape as an immensely damaged INFP, too.
Harry - ISFP
Ron - ESFP
Hermione - INFJ? ISTJ? Introverted Judger, I would argue.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Harry - ISFP
Ron - ESFP

I always thought N for Ron. But, definitely agree ISTJ for Hermione.

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agreed on Hermione, Ron, and Harry.

Dumbledore, though.

Half of the typology community seems totally convinced that he is an INFJ, and the other half equally so that he is an ENTP.

L

LadyLazarus

Harry Potter-ISFP(fuck yeah!)
Hermione Granger-ISTJ
Ron Weasley-ESFP
Dumbledore-ENFJ
Luna Lovegood-INFP
Neville Longbottom-INTP
Ginny Weasley-ESTP
Fred & George Weasley(who basically share the same personality)-ENTP
Draco Malfoy-ENTJ
Lucius Malfoy-ESTJ
Narcissa Malfoy-ISFJ
Andromeda Tonks-ISFP
Molly Weasley-ESFJ
Arthur Weasley-ENFP
Cho Chang-ISFJ probably
Cedric Diggory-ENFP
Viktor Krum-ISTP
Fleur Delacour-ESFP
Percy Weasley-ESTJ
Severus Snape-INFP
Remus Lupin-INFJ
Nymphadora Tonks-ENFP
Sirius Black-ESFP
James Potter-ESTP
Lily Evans/Potter-ENFJ
Voldemort- INTJ(duh)

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll match you, [MENTION=20868]LadyLazarus[/MENTION]

Harry Potter- ISFP
Hermione Granger - ESTJ
Ron Weasley - ESFP
Albus Dumbledore - INFJ (ENTP in the Michael Gambon iteration)
Tom Riddle - INTJ
Luna Lovegood - INTP
Neville Longbottom - INFP
Cho Chang - ISFJ
Cedric Diggory - ISFP
Ginny Weasley - ENFP
Fred & George Weasley - ENTP
Molly Weasley - ESFJ
Arthur Weasley - ENFP
Percy Weasley - ESTJ
Bill Weasley - INTJ
Charlie Weasley - ISTP
Fleur Delacour - ENFJ
Dobby - ESFP
Minerva McGonagall - ENTJ
Fillius Flitwick - ENTP
Pomona Sprout - ESFJ
Dolores Umbridge - ESTJ
Cornelius Fudge - ESTJ
Rufus Scrimgeour - ISTP
Kingsley Shacklebolt - ISTJ
Mundungeous Fletcher - ESTP
Severus Snape - INFP
Remus Lupin - INFP
Sirius Black - ESFP
James Potter - ENTJ
Lily Evans - INFJ
Draco Malfoy - ENTP
Crabbe & Goyle - ISTP

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Harry - ISFP
Ron - ESFP
I still think Snape is INTJ, but can accept ISTJ much more readily than INFP. He is most definitely a TJ, and hard to see E anywhere.

Dumbledore, though.

Half of the typology community seems totally convinced that he is an INFJ, and the other half equally so that he is an ENTP.
It takes awhile to figure out Dumbledore - meaning you have to read to the end to find out just how manipulative he has been throughout the series, and for decades before. Due to his great age, he has had lots of time to figure out how to use those less-preferred functions, and come across however he wants in order to reach his goal - but that motivation alone is telling. Bottom line, he is INTJ, though quite different from Snape and Voldemort, but see below.

Voldemort- INTJ(duh)
Actually, no. The more I think about Voldemort, the more he seems INFJ. His grand plans really don't hold together, and have much more the flavor of a moral crusade with all the talk of purebloods, etc., like some religious zealot.

Doomkid

Harry - INTP (oh really? YES REALLY trust me)

Ron - ESFP

Hermione - ISFJ

Dumbledore - INFJ

Voldemort - ENTJ (yes an extrovert)

Snape - INTJ

Minerva - ENFJ

Malfoy - ESTP

Hagrid - ISFP

Cornellius - ESFJ

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
yes, I don't know what he's doing there

Well...FINE. lol Crabbe, Goyle, all the weird henchmen. They were NT's? Professor Slughorn, the man who lives and dies by physical comforts, flattery and obsession with famous people, is he an NT too?

Do you have any evidence beyond you assuming Slytherin = NT, that Harry is INTP?

L

LadyLazarus

Harry - INTP (oh really? YES REALLY trust me)
Harry quite obviously leads with Fi(everything he does is value driven, values derived internally to be specific) and has strong use of Se(very action/present oriented, does not think of the consequences of his actions). I see absolutely no Ti or Ne within him, even ISTP would considerably be a better guess over INTP as they have Se-aux as well.

Also I've always thought it was alluded to that Harry's being considered for Slytherin was mostly due to his ties to Voldemort.

NT's I've always seen as more Ravenclaw(obsessed with knowledge), with NTJ's as Slytherins(cunning and shrewd). SP's I've always thought of as Gryffindors(Impulsive and aggressive, as well as value driven in the case of SFP's)/Slytherins(practical opportunists), with ISTP as possibly also Ravenclaw in addition to Gryffindor/Slytherin. Being an ISFP would therefore make Harry a Gryffindor/Slytherin.

Luna is a much better example of an INxP(not sure if F or T really).

Doomkid

Well...FINE. lol Crabbe, Goyle, all the weird henchmen. They were NT's? Professor Slughorn, the man who lives and dies by physical comforts, flattery and obsession with famous people, is he an NT too?

Do you have any evidence beyond you assuming Slytherin = NT, that Harry is INTP?

Ok let me elaborate on Harry being INTP

I - I think we should agree he doesn't like parties so much
N - He's pretty quick to get the underlying meaning of things
T - Emotions doesn't seem to interfere so much in his decisions(he thrives under pressure)
P - not a planner at all, one of the reasons Hermione get pissed at him and Ron sometimes, cause she is a J

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Ok let me elaborate on Harry being INTP

I - I think we should agree he doesn't like parties so much
N - He's pretty quick to get the underlying meaning of things
T - Emotions doesn't seem to interfere so much in his decisions(he thrives under pressure)
P - not a planner at all, one of the reasons Hermione get pissed at him and Ron sometimes, cause she is a J

OHHHHHH, I see how you're doing this, with dichotomies. Well, you got IP right, anyway.

Why do you say Harry is quick to get the underlying meaning of things? I find he spends most of each book not knowing what the hell is going on. He never seems to connect the dots. Also, there's no way I can see Harry mentally tinkering with a system, or fussing over semantics, or caring about academic pursuits. The only classes he likes are the ones with obvious practical/action-oriented applications (Defence Against the Dark Arts and Flying). The boy likes quidditch, fighting evil, and standing up for what's right. He doesn't care about logical precision.

Also his emotions constantly interfere with his decisions. He falls into a very obvious trap at the Ministry of Magic in OotP, because he got all upset. He is very easy to bait, and Snape tells him he's terrible at Occlumency because he's to open-hearted and hotheaded. Everything he does is grounded in a personal, value-oriented perspective. I would say his quick-thinking under pressure is more of a Se-Pi thing. He's not cool-headed, so much as he is resourceful and impulsive.