• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harry Potter and MBTI

R

Riva

Indiana Jones: ENTJ
Yahiko Myogin (Rurouni Kenshin): ESTJ
Sandi (Spongbob): ESTJ
Princess Leia: ENTJ
Wolfram von Bielefeld: ESTJ (the coolest ESTJ ever I might add)

Indiana Jones - ISTP, and it doesn't get more ISTPish than that.
Yahiko - I don't know who that is.
Sandi - Could be a ESTP. But maybe just maybe she is ESTJ. I can't remember.
Lela - ESTJ, not ENTJ.
Wolfram - Don't know who that is. Should look it up.

Regarding Indiana Jones, he is ISTP and it doesn't get more stereotypical ISTP than that. No, having a ship built with new gadgets built in by him doesn't make him ENTx. That doesn't make him any type. But ISTPs have the tendency to have gadgets to cover areas they think could be tested. tangible gadgets and intangible.

R

Riva

Also, Ginny is an EXFX. Harry is an INFP.

I'm not going to waste my time proving Harry is ISFP. You should check out some of the older posts.

And Ginny an 'E' type? And to make your typing worst a feeler? Gosh, Ginny's keeping to herself, privateness, decisiveness, individuality, not emotionally connecting, not so social nature and her cold yet earthy, down to earth demeanor suggests that she is a Introverted, Sensing, thinker. Most probably a ISTP.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm in the middle of rereading the books right now

Harry: ISFP
Ron: ESFP
Hermione: ISTJ
Dumbledore: INTP, i used to think INFJ but changed my mind. def not INTJ
Snape: INTJ
Sirius: ESTP
Lupin:INFP
Luna: INFP
Hagrid: ISFJ
Dobby: ESFJ
McGonagall: ISTJ
Mrs. Weasley: ESFJ
Mr. Weasley: ENTP
Fred and George: ENTP
Percy: ISTJ
Ginny: ESFP
Draco: ESTP

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
how is Harry an N? you have to actually think to be an INFP.

Since when did Harry not think? he is always developing theories about situations, without solid proof or facts (which infuriates Hermione and baffles Ron, who both think he gets carried away). Sure he lives in the moment and often acts on impuse, so I can only assume is also high S. He tends to go with his gut overall though, so I have no idea why you think him being an INFP is so ridiculous, it seems obvious to me. The fact that he makes stupid decisions and jumps the gun at times is probably something to do with the fact he is a teenager and has a lot of messed up stuff happening around him!

Anyways, I have revised my list recently, as I mistyped a few of the characters:

Harry - INFP
Ron - ISTP
Hermione - ISTJ
Dumbledore - INFJ
Snape - INTJ
Hagrid - ISFJ
Sirius - ExTP / INTx (Sirius obviously underwent a major personality change)
Lupin - INFP
Tonks - ExTP
Voldemort - INTJ
Draco - ISTJ
Luna - INFP
Neville - ISFP

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since when did Harry not think? he is always developing theories about situations, without solid proof or facts (which infuriates Hermione and baffles Ron, who both think he gets carried away). Sure he lives in the moment and often acts on impuse, so I can only assume is also high S. He tends to go with his gut overall though, so I have no idea why you think him being an INFP is so ridiculous, it seems obvious to me. The fact that he makes stupid decisions and jumps the gun at times is probably something to do with the fact he is a teenager and has a lot of messed up stuff happening around him!

Anyways, I have revised my list recently, as I mistyped a few of the characters:

Harry - INFP
Ron - ISTP
Hermione - ISTJ
Dumbledore - INFJ
Snape - INTJ
Hagrid - ISFJ
Sirius - ExTP / INTx (Sirius obviously underwent a major personality change)
Lupin - INFP
Tonks - ExTP
Voldemort - INTJ
Draco - ISTJ
Luna - INFP
Neville - ISFP
What you said about Harry being more comfortable going with his gut just points further to ISFP.

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not sure it's as simple as that. I go with my gut all the time, and I am definitely not an ISTP. I think Harry is high sensing... but I know several ISFPs and INFPs (as friends) and when I compare each of them to Harry's character, there is just no question which he would be of the two, for me anyway. There does seem to be some conflict on this subject though, judging by previous posts. That's the major difficulty with typing fictional characters... we can't ask him what he thinks.

Nicki

Retired
BTW announcing that Dumbledore was gay was just stupid political b.s.
There is absolutely NOTHING in the books that is even remotely suggestive of ANY sexuality on Dumbledore's part, towards women or men.

And I forgot:

Luna: INFP

Luna is definitely an INTP. She has been described as having a knack for making people uncomfortable through her blunt honesty. Reading this thread because I am a huuuuge Potterhead.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Luna is waaaayyyy too F to be an INTP.

Wacky INFJ for sure.

leectra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Harry ISFJ - he often overeeacts emotionally till I want to slap him
Ron ESFJ - he always has a judgement and an opinion on everyhting
Dumbledore INTJ - he likes being mysterious and not sharing what he's thinking
Snape INXP - he doesn't really have a plan and just makes it up as he goes along
Luna ENTP - she does try to be rational in her own weird way and basically says whatever she's thinking

Nicki

Retired
Luna has a habit of pointing out uncomfortable truths and being blunt. Seems more T than F to me. Definitely some Ne there though.

Nicki

Retired
Harry ISFJ - he often overeeacts emotionally till I want to slap him
Ron ESFJ - he always has a judgement and an opinion on everyhting
Dumbledore INTJ - he likes being mysterious and not sharing what he's thinking
Snape INXP - he doesn't really have a plan and just makes it up as he goes along
Luna ENTP - she does try to be rational in her own weird way and basically says whatever she's thinking

Just because Harry overreacts emotionally, doesn't make him an ISFJ specifically. Yes he might be overemotional at times but he's not a planner. He also reeks of Fi and Se. Both Harry and Ron are P's. Ron reacts in the present moment and thinks with his emotions.

Snape: INTJ or maybe ISTJ
Luna: INTP
Dumbledore: Remember, he was about 150 years old when he died. That means he had a lot of time to develop his functions. N type for sure though.
Sirius : ENTP
Lupin: INFP or maybe INFJ
Tonks: ENFP
Voldemort: Psychopath, though most likely INTJ when younger
James: ESTP
Lily: ENFJ, she seems to use Fe in the Prince's Tale.
Ginny: ESTP or maybe ISTP

xisnotx

Permabanned
Harry-isfp
Ron-estp
Hermione-infj
Dumbledore-infp
Snape-intp
You know who-intj
Hagrid-esfj
Fred/George-entp
Ginny-enfp
Percy-istp
Mcgonogall-intj
Draco-entj
Neville-infp
Crabbe/Goyle-estj
Sirius-istp
Scabbers-esfj
James-estp
Lilly-infj
Alberforth-esfp
Cho-esfp
Dobby-esfj
Umbridge-esfj

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Snape: INTJ
Luna: ENFP or maybe INFJ?
Dumbledore: INFJ
Voldemort: ENTJ

Nicki

Retired
Harry-isfp
Ron-estp
Hermione-infj
Dumbledore-infp
Snape-intp
You know who-intj
Hagrid-esfj
Fred/George-entp
Ginny-enfp
Percy-istp
Mcgonogall-intj
Draco-entj
Neville-infp
Crabbe/Goyle-estj
Sirius-istp
Scabbers-esfj
James-estp
Lilly-infj
Alberforth-esfp
Cho-esfp
Dobby-esfj
Umbridge-esfj

Lolol how are Percy and Sirius ISTP's? Percy's an SJ type for sure and Sirius is definitely extraverted. He was really happy and energetic when people filled the house during Christmas time and was depressed when left alone.

segovois

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Harry - ISFP
Ron - ESFP
Hermione - IxTJ
Dumbledore - INFJ
Snape - INTJ
Hagrid - ESFJ
Voldemort - ENTJ
Draco - ESTP
Pearcy - ISTJ
Umbridge - ESFJ
Luna - INFP
Neville - ISFP/ENFP mix (am i crazy ?)

Luna is much more Fi than Ti for me : INFP (with strong 5)

Nicki

Retired
Changing my mind, Snape is a definite INTP. His relationship with Lily and the Marauders scream inferior Fe.

Ghostwheel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Five
Same with Hermione. ISTJ children follow rules. She is absolutely IN LOVE with her course of studies at Hogwarts. Typical INJ behavior in those circumstances is to read everything they can, going way beyond grade level to delve into their interests. Her bent to take risks at that age--the potion that changes them into Slytherans, using the time device that lets her take multiple classes, etc. all point to INTJ over ISTJ.

I'm sure there are lots of INJs on this forum who, when they found classes/teachers/professors that honored their intellect and actually let them explore content and theory deeply, were also able to have info at their fingertips because it fascinated them and therefore they processed it in ways that allowed it to stick in their memory.

I think I agree. Glad to see I'm not the only one who finds Hermione more INTJ-ish than otherwise.

The Polyjuice potion was her idea, even though it broke "about fifty school rules." And earlier, in Sorcerer's Stone, she encouraged Harry to break into the "restricted" section of the library.

The thing about SJs is that they tend to be joiners, even the introverts, perhaps because it's the appropriate thing to do, or perhaps because it's just so easy when there are so many fellow sensors all around you. But Hermione is not a joiner. INTJs are the same way: independent bordering on isolated. We never see Hermione in a clique with other girls (in the movies, at least), and that's very typical of INTJ girls. Whereas ISTJ girls are constantly surrounded by others similar to them, INTJ girls grow up wondering why the hell they're so different. And Hermione seems very unique and isolated indeed.

As for her doing things like impugning Luna's fantasies, well, there are a lot of very dry INTJs out there. For example, there are INTJ scientists who are strict materialists who will deprecate those who believe in ghosts, spirits and theistic religion.

Similar could be said about the "potion of living death" incident. If a friend offered to install personally written software on my imac, insisting that it would make it run faster, I'd politely decline. Even if he proved by demonstration that his own computer ran faster since he installed his own software, I'd still decline.

But if Apple offered a fix package to increase my imac's speed, I'd download it in a minute.

That's not because I'm secretly an SJ or that I have a respect for authority, it's because certain established ways of doing things that have proven reliable are preferred, as a default, over new ways of doing things. If my friend's software came out as a purchasable product, I'd be convinced it had gone through the necessary testing and was "safe" to download. So I'd consider Hermione's skepticism for Harry's innovation to be entirely justified. I might have done the same as her, particularly at that age.

Being an Intuitive doesn't mean you have to reinvent the wheel everyday, all day.

I never met an ISTJ who so totally reveled in academia and higher education as Hermione. I suppose there might be some, but they're rather the exception. For INTJs it seems to be the rule.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not sure about her feeling, but her thinking seems more extroverted than introverted, to me. Kind of a "'these are the facts" approach rather than a "this is how I"ve been able to make sense of it" approach.

I like Snape as an INTP. I always liked him way better than Harry, even when we were supposed to think he was a bad guy.

Regarding houses, I don't object to placing NTs in Slytherin as long as we get Ravenclaw, too, but I think SFPs belong in Slytherin as well. Slughorn seems a little SFP. Aren't they equally ambitious? (I'm going by the "ambition is most important" definition of Slytherin, not the "evil" definition of Slytherin.)