• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harry Potter and MBTI

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Hmmm...ok. But isn't in more N to research many things with the intention of making your creation the best it can be? And having an INTEREST in spending that long, trapped away in your head, creating something to do with fantasy?

In my experience of ISFPs, there is no way they could put that much thought and research into such an incredibly complex world. My ISFP friend has this method of deciding on an idea to make something with.

Begin
Generate idea
End

They're very creative but not to cautious about it. They do not like organising things and doing additional research into complex topics such as symbolism and allegory at the same time as focusing on the work.

MBTI Type
TITS
Enneagram
7w8
In my experience of ISFPs, there is no way they could put that much thought and research into such an incredibly complex world. My ISFP friend has this method of deciding on an idea to make something with.

Begin
Generate idea
End

They're very creative but not to cautious about it. They do not like organising things and doing additional research into complex topics such as symbolism and allegory at the same time as focusing on the work.

Sounds like your ISFP friend is just particularly stupid.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
First thing: overtly emotional =/= F. Not overtly emotional =/= T. Ts can be emotional too (like my INTP brother), and Fs can be quite emotionally reserved (like an INFJ friend of mine). Fs can also be calm in a crisis. I am. The T and F designations are about how they make decisions, both quick little ones and long-term big ones.

We really have got to stop boxing people out of certain types because they don’t fit our ideas of what every person in that type is or should be like. I’ve tried here to look mostly at functions and day-to-day operation of the characters.

Harry – ISFP
  • Harry is the ethical backbone of the series, and his values were expressed primarily through his actions. I initially questioned Ti as well but I think that to Ns, sometimes we can misread S sensibility/groundedness as T logic.

Aleksei said:
He's also able to go against his own desires when he realizes it's logically necessary, as evidenced by him dumping Ginny to go save the world.
This is the best argument for Ti that I’ve seen, actually, but upon reflection wouldn’t it be far more logical to realize that there is no good reason to dump someone just because you need to be away for a while, or to think that Ginny can’t hold her own? I think this sounds like an emotional WAH Fi reaction and overdoing it out of both being pissed off about needing to leave and not wanting to hurt Ginny. And to an Ne dom/aux perhaps this sounds counterintuitive, because our immediate reaction is to look for other possibilities, but if Harry is Se aux then his reaction may have been to just get moving already.

Sounds like your ISFP friend is just particularly stupid.
yeahhhh

Ron – ESFP
  • Makes sense to me. Also makes him a very natural counterpart to Harry.

Hermione – ISTJ
  • She has cute Fi too. Hence the little SPEW incident. As for government infiltration, SJs can break rules too! Especially because we come to see more and more that the government is not secure and is increasingly corrupt. Hermione is definitely a rule-follower but she is also very intelligent, and obviously cares a lot about Harry. Her duty changes from being a good student and good citizen of the wizarding world to being a protector of Harry and a guardian of the “good” side – the way things were and ought to be. Her roles change, but her fundamental behavioral tendencies remain the same, and those are quite ISTJ. And it also makes her a good balance to Harry and Ron.
Bubbleboy said:
She connects the dots because she's the only student who actually appears to be doing any studying in the school.
:rofl1:, QFT.
I think a lot of functions can be used to connect the dots. We all do have and use all of those functions, after all. Hermione just happened to actually be learning things that were pertinent, instead of slacking off and doing more fun things Harry and Ron – which is typical P. Given, of course, that Harry learns a lot more practical information via doing – via SP - that Hermione never will get from books.

Neville – ISFP

Snape and Voldy – INTJ
  • Incidentally, someone suggested ENFP for Voldemort and I cracked up. An ENFP would last as Voldemort for about 5 seconds. We’re really just not cool enough.

McGonagall – ESTJ

Molly and Umbridge – ESFJ (they cover the full awesome – horrendous ESFJ spectrum)

Ginny and Fleur – ENFJ (similar spectrum, from awesome – hella annoying)

Lupin and Luna – INFP

James – ESTP

Sirius – ENTP

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First thing: overtly emotional =/= F. Not overtly emotional =/= T. Ts can be emotional too (like my INTP brother), and Fs can be quite emotionally reserved (like an INFJ friend of mine). Fs can also be calm in a crisis. I am. The T and F designations are about how they make decisions, both quick little ones and long-term big ones.

We really have got to stop boxing people out of certain types because they don’t fit our ideas of what every person in that type is or should be like. I’ve tried here to look mostly at functions and day-to-day operation of the characters.

Harry – ISFP
  • Harry is the ethical backbone of the series, and his values were expressed primarily through his actions. I initially questioned Ti as well but I think that to Ns, sometimes we can misread S sensibility/groundedness as T logic.

This is the best argument for Ti that I’ve seen, actually, but upon reflection wouldn’t it be far more logical to realize that there is no good reason to dump someone just because you need to be away for a while, or to think that Ginny can’t hold her own? I think this sounds like an emotional WAH Fi reaction and overdoing it out of both being pissed off about needing to leave and not wanting to hurt Ginny. And to an Ne dom/aux perhaps this sounds counterintuitive, because our immediate reaction is to look for other possibilities, but if Harry is Se aux then his reaction may have been to just get moving already.

yeahhhh

Ron – ESFP
  • Makes sense to me. Also makes him a very natural counterpart to Harry.

Hermione – ISTJ
  • She has cute Fi too. Hence the little SPEW incident. As for government infiltration, SJs can break rules too! Especially because we come to see more and more that the government is not secure and is increasingly corrupt. Hermione is definitely a rule-follower but she is also very intelligent, and obviously cares a lot about Harry. Her duty changes from being a good student and good citizen of the wizarding world to being a protector of Harry and a guardian of the “good” side – the way things were and ought to be. Her roles change, but her fundamental behavioral tendencies remain the same, and those are quite ISTJ. And it also makes her a good balance to Harry and Ron.

:rofl1:, QFT.
I think a lot of functions can be used to connect the dots. We all do have and use all of those functions, after all. Hermione just happened to actually be learning things that were pertinent, instead of slacking off and doing more fun things Harry and Ron – which is typical P. Given, of course, that Harry learns a lot more practical information via doing – via SP - that Hermione never will get from books.

Neville – ISFP

Snape and Voldy – INTJ
  • Incidentally, someone suggested ENFP for Voldemort and I cracked up. An ENFP would last as Voldemort for about 5 seconds. We’re really just not cool enough.

McGonagall – ESTJ

Molly and Umbridge – ESFJ (they cover the full awesome – horrendous ESFJ spectrum)

Ginny and Fleur – ENFJ (similar spectrum, from awesome – hella annoying)

Lupin and Luna – INFP

James – ESTP

Sirius – ENTP

Disagreements:

1) McGonagall doesn't really seem too extroverted at all. I think she's ISTJ. ESTJ is a very good guess though.

2) Voldemort seems to have actually emerged as an extrovert from his 14-year hiatus -- he really liked stretching his Te muscles after coming back. I think he just got sick and tired of reflection after being a ghost for over a decade...

3) In what universe could Umbridge possibly be considered an Fe user? She was Si as fuck and didn't like making waves (she was an 8w9), but she really wasn't a very charismatic leader. An evil Fe user would be more like... Goebbels.

4) I don't see Ginny being very Fe at all either. I think Ginny and Fleur are ENFPs.

5) Lupin was probably just a very nice INTJ, or possibly ISFP. He seemed Ni rather than Ne.

6) ENFPs can't be magnificent bastards? Really?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Disagreements:

1) McGonagall doesn't really seem too extroverted at all. I think she's ISTJ. ESTJ is a very good guess though.

2) Voldemort seems to have actually emerged as an extrovert from his 14-year hiatus -- he really liked stretching his Te muscles after coming back. I think he just got sick and tired of reflection after being a ghost for over a decade...

3) In what universe could Umbridge possibly be considered an Fe user? She was Si as fuck and didn't like making waves (she was an 8w9), but she really wasn't a very charismatic leader. An evil Fe user would be more like... Goebbels.

4) I don't see Ginny being very Fe at all either. I think Ginny and Fleur are ENFPs.

5) Lupin was probably just a very nice INTJ, or possibly ISFP. He seemed Ni rather than Ne.

oh no, they sure as hell can, but i'm not so sure about about voldemort-style magnificent bastards. you're right that one would certainly seem to seek fame voldemort-style. but if voldemort is a messed up Fi dom/aux - and i think we can agree his Fi is pretty messed up - i would expect more emotional WAHH out of him, while his style is very cold. he's quite the manipulator. i have a hard time seeing a messed up Fi dom/aux who isn't emotionally out of control and a shitty manipulator - whereas it's much easier to see a messed up Fi tert being convincing and calculating on the surface while seeking emotional confirmation below. we certainly see undertones of F in his rampant need to be the center of everything and his jealousy of dumbledore and constant suspicion of his supporters. i suspect some of that has to do more with wanting people to know how much stronger he is than them as a means of protecting himself, however, rather than simply wanting the spotlight. rowling says that when voldy looks into the mirror of erised he sees himself as all-powerful and immortal - not famous and appreciated, or loved for the first time in his life - and that is not a very F manifestation of desire. his primary motivator is his fear of death - i wonder why?

i suppose in all honesty it's very difficult to type voldemort at all because he's marked with so many pathological conditions - he tortured animals as a child and his entire life suggests antisocial PD, and he seems to be quite narcissistic. perhaps he is an ENFP - though i think of all those letters, i have the hardest time seeing P. it's part of voldemort's downfalls - unlike harry, the brave but reckless SP who bumbles his way through their encounters and always survives due to last-minute thinking (plus help and luck), we see voldemort's incredibly well thought-out plans messing up because he has missed part of the puzzle, and it's the same puzzle part again and again - which is the human element. i'd be surprised to see that from even a very messed up Fi or Fe dom/aux, and a Ne dom missing a core piece of the puzzle while planning out everything else in explicit detail is kind of surprising. his style certainly isn't Se, either. then again, he's been pretty psychologically unhealthy for his whole life, so i suppose anything is possible.

--

umbridge i took to be really nasty Fe... nasty Fe knows how to manipulate people and pit them against one another, which umbridge seemed pretty decent at. she's very snobby and thrives off hierarchy. she was politically correct to a ridiculous degree and she sucked up to scrimgeour when he became minister. and at one point she says the only thing she can't tolerate is disloyalty (even though she obviously lacks it herself).

Dumbledore said:
Tryouts for the House Quidditch teams will take place on the -
Umbridge said:
Hem-hem... thank you, Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome [...] The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of a vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this... historic school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected, and prune practices that ought to be.... prohibited!"
Dumbledore said:
Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating.

obviously she's got a Si stick up her ass, and she wields it by manipulating people - which is pretty Fe-Si.

--

good point on mcgonagall, ISTJ for her - and ginny ENFP, and if ginny then fleur... i was concerned that ginny being my favorite character was throwing my initial wondering if she's ENFP off, lol. is lily potter also ENFP? i've seen her typed as INFJ as well.

HP wiki said:
Lily was known for being an extremely kind and talented witch. She was an excellent student, becoming Head Girl in her final year at Hogwarts. She also was an "all-time" favourite of Professor Horace Slughorn, who noted that she was witty and charming.[4] She had a habit of seeing the best in others, even when they could not see it themselves, and often stood up for those others criticised or bullied, such as her best friend, Severus Snape.

However, when in a temper, Lily had a sharp tongue, and would not hesitate to lash out viciously at those who had angered her, very much like her future daughter-in-law, Ginny. This is seen when she threw a fit at James when he bullied Snape, and giving Snape a cold, indifferent shoulder when he begged for her forgiveness. She was also someone who stood by her principles, as seen when she ended her friendship with Snape when she could no longer tolerate his increasing involvement in the Dark Arts, and coldly rejected all his apologies and cut short his attempts to explain. This left Snape with nowhere to turn for friendship, except the Death-Eaters-to-be in Slytherin House, but he never stopped loving her.

She and her husband were brave and self-sacrificing, defying Voldemort three times as members of the Order of the Phoenix, and dying to protect their son.

sounds ENFP to me, especially the sharp tongue thing... lol...

--

i still see lupin as textbook INFP though...

HP wiki said:
Remus was very intelligent, calm, tolerant, gentle, and good-natured. Despite having suffered a great deal of prejudice in his life due to his lycanthropy, he managed to retain an ability to see the good in almost everybody and was extremely forgiving. He also had an excellent sense of humour and, when he was a student at school, was one of the Marauders. However, unlike his friends, he never partook in bullying, being personally against such behaviour, and hence could be described as the most mature one of the group. He even became a prefect in his fifth year. Also, unlike his friends, he was able to, or at least would try to maintain civil conversation with those he did not get along well with, a notable example being Snape.

certainly INTJ/ISFP can be smart, gentle, and tolerant as well, but he seems much more P than J. i think there's quite a bit of Pe in him, especially given how he taught his DADA classes, and i see much more Ne than Se. he's not a ridiculously long-term visionary/planner, certainly no Ni like dumbledore's. where do you see lupin's Ni?

Alwyn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know if it makes any sense, but I always thought about Remus as an ISFJ. I have to re-read the passages to look for arguments, but this was always my thought/feeling about him. Why see most people him as a N?

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Disagreements:

1. Agree so much.
3. Umbridge is an evil Hermione in my eyes. Umbridge is so not a feeler. ISTJ to the core.
4. * shakes head violently at Ginny being an nf type* Please no. Do not want. The SPs can have her!
6. mhmm. Mello :D

Harry was a feeler ( I think isfp but maybe infp) in books 1-3 but he became an istp between book 4 & 5 IMO.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
6. mhmm. Mello :D

tsk tsk, all enfps are perfect and fart rainbows and sunshine! lol.

I don't know if it makes any sense, but I always thought about Remus as an ISFJ. I have to re-read the passages to look for arguments, but this was always my thought/feeling about him. Why see most people him as a N?

personally i went for INFP because he seems to immediately get people and recognize the need for comfort. i get a similar feel from lupin that i do from wilson on house (tv show), and i've heard wilson typed ISFJ too - maybe i mistake the two types. they both come off as quiet and protective and loving to me. lupin did participate in shenanigans along with the rest of the marauders - seems more Pe/P than Pi/J - and i don't really see him as an ISFP. plus he kind of ran away from tonks when she was preggo, which doesn't seem like a very SFJ thing to do. the way he structured his DADA class seemed Neish too, as well as being willing to teach harry the patronus... though i suppose it could be influenced by Si given that lupin learned it early in his life himself.

Remus: "There is no doubt at all in my mind that his death would be proclaimed as widely as possible by the Death Eaters if it had happened, because it would strike a deadly blow at the morale of those resisting the new regime. 'The Boy Who Lived' remains a symbol of everything for which we are fighting: the triumph of good, the power of innocence, the need to keep resisting."
Lee Jordan: "And what would you say to Harry if you knew he was listening, Romulus?"
Remus: "I'd tell him we're all with him in spirit. And I'd tell him to follow his instincts, which are good and nearly always right."
:shrug: seems Fi and N ish. my grandma's an ISFJ and remus doesn't seem like her very much at all in action or behavior. remus isn't at all directive like i have experienced from SFJs in my life... he just doesn't seem as structured as they are, along with a few other traits. so he's definitely I, i don't remember much J (it usually stands out to me lol) so P, given Pe i'd go for Ne over Se, because i don't see ISxP, definitely an F, which gives me INFP.

just my thoughts though. feel free to debate :yes:

btw - ginny could be an ISFP i guess, but i don't see her as ESFP? she's pretty quiet for it

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He has an Ni penchant for solving problems in mysterious ways no one else could figure out. For example, in the third book he saw the Marauder's map and just from that he extrapolated that Sirius was innocent and Peter was alive and guilty. That, and his beliefs are quite personal -- certainly Fi rather than Fe. He's the nicest INTJ ever.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
He has an Ni penchant for solving problems in mysterious ways no one else could figure out. For example, in the third book he saw the Marauder's map and just from that he extrapolated that Sirius was innocent and Peter was alive and guilty. That, and his beliefs are quite personal -- certainly Fi rather than Fe. He's the nicest INTJ ever.

Really? If you think the bolded was an example of "solving problems in mysterious ways" then I'm seriously sad for you. When he confiscated the Marauder's map from Harry and learned that Peter Pettigrew was still alive (which, BTW, he did not divine from the map itself...Harry told him he'd seen Pettigrew on it, and Lupin probably witnessed it himself after gaining possession of the map) and running around in Hogwarts (contrary to the "official" story that Pettigrew was dead and had been murdered...by Sirius) it wasn't much of a leap to think that Sirius had been framed. :dont:

theplacesyoullgo

I bumped the HP thread on the Enneagram forum earlier and thought I'd add some of my MBTI guesses here:

Harry: ISFP. Definition of Fi/Se.
Ron: ESFP. Pretty obvious.
Hermione: ISTJ.
Dumbledore: He seems almost stereotypically INFJ in most of the books, but I don't know if most INFJs would have masterminded the plan with Harry the way he did.
Lupin: INFP. INFJ is the only other viable option and he's way more Fi than Ni.
Sirius: ENFP. I think he's usually typed as an ENTP, which I used to agree with, but I think he's a little too mercurial for that.
Umbridge: Caricature of an ESTJ.
Snape: He seems like a caricature of an INTJ, although I think most INTJs would consider themselves too practical to get so completely caught up in unrequited love. Then again, I don't know how realistic the Snape/Lily scenario is PERIOD (not that I necessarily dislike it, just that it's a doubtful "real world" scenario and thus sort of untypeable)

Not sure about the Malfoys. And how are people even typing Bellatrix? She doesn't exhibit any personality traits other than being completely servile and infatuated with Voldemort. Some of the Weasleys who aren't Ron seem to correspond to some MBTI archetypes, like Fred/George as ENTPs and Molly as a ESFJ.

I think it's interesting how the main trio are all sensors but the main supporting cast seems to be pretty much all Ns.

What do you guys think about Tonks and Luna?

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bumped the HP thread on the Enneagram forum earlier and thought I'd add some of my MBTI guesses here:

Dumbledore: He seems almost stereotypically INFJ in most of the books, but I don't know if most INFJs would have masterminded the plan with Harry the way he did.
Sirius: ENFP. I think he's usually typed as an ENTP, which I used to agree with, but I think he's a little too mercurial for that.
Snape: He seems like a caricature of an INTJ, although I think most INTJs would consider themselves too practical to get so completely caught up in unrequited love. Then again, I don't know how realistic the Snape/Lily scenario is PERIOD (not that I necessarily dislike it, just that it's a doubtful "real world" scenario and thus sort of untypeable)

Not sure about the Malfoys. And how are people even typing Bellatrix? She doesn't exhibit any personality traits other than being completely servile and infatuated with Voldemort. Some of the Weasleys who aren't Ron seem to correspond to some MBTI archetypes, like Fred/George as ENTPs and Molly as a ESFJ.

I think it's interesting how the main trio are all sensors but the main supporting cast seems to be pretty much all Ns.

What do you guys think about Tonks and Luna?

What? ENTPs are probably the most mercurial of all types.

I agree with the rest of your typings, including Fred/George as ENTPs and Molly as ESFJ.

Bellatrix: I would guess ESTP.
Arthur Weasley: Seems like a cross between ESFJ and ENTP; Fe+Ne are his most obvious functions.
Draco: ESTP?
Tonks: ExFP
Luna: INFP stereotype (one of the INFP stereotypes, anyway, they have quite a few. She's the dreamy, cloudcuckoolander variant)

theplacesyoullgo

Yeah, I don't know about Sirius, really. I was sold on ENTP for a while. Why do you think he's T over F? Do his decisions really come from a rational place? (I'm not being rhetorical, genuinely asking.) He just seems so overtly emotional in the fifth book in a way that I'm not sure most ENTPs would get, and he's so relationship/loyalty-oriented. But I do think it's odd to think of him being of an NF temperament (if you buy into that theory). Hm.

If Bellatrix's defining (really only) characteristic is being totally slavish to Voldemort, I'm not sure an ESTP would stick around like that. I think she's way easier to Ennea-type than MBTI type.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've always thought of Hermione as some sort of a pushy FJ :)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed. Interesting they are all atypical for gender on T/F.

Agreed. I'd say INTJ. Voldemort seems more INFJ, since he's on a huge (im)moral crusade, and his planning shows little Te.

I agree on Lupin, but see Sirius as more ESTP, and Umbridge ESFJ. F types can be evil, too.

My favorite. Not so much a caricature, but an atypical INTJ, perhaps even "unhealthy", whatever that means. I can see the connection with Lily. His attachment may have been frozen by the whole Death Eater experience leading to her death. Had none of that happened, he might have moved on more readily.

Not sure about the Malfoys. And how are people even typing Bellatrix? She doesn't exhibit any personality traits other than being completely servile and infatuated with Voldemort.
Malfoys seem E/ISTJ. Bellatrix is ESFP - instinct, sensation seeking, driven by her own twisted Fi values (F's can be evil).

Luna is INFP; not sure about Tonks.

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed. I'd say INTJ. Voldemort seems more INFJ, since he's on a huge (im)moral crusade, and his planning shows little Te.

I agree on Lupin, but see Sirius as more ESTP, and Umbridge ESFJ. F types can be evil, too.

Malfoys seem E/ISTJ. Bellatrix is ESFP - instinct, sensation seeking, driven by her own twisted Fi values (F's can be evil).

Voldemort as a twisted INFJ is an interesting thought, I could see that. However I would still type Dumbledore as INFJ. He obviously uses Ti rather than Te; I would type him as INTP before INTJ. And I don't think an INTJ would come off as warm and affirming as Dumbledore does.

Actually I could agree with Sirius as an ESTP, now that I think about it more. Both his rogueish, mischievous antics as a student, and those similar qualities that carried into his adult life are typical of ESTPs. As for whether his decisions come from a rational place as theplacesyoullgo was asking, TBH I don't remember many of the specifics from the fifth book, or third for that matter. He obviously cared a great deal for Harry but I don't see that as necessarily indicative of Fi. He had few others to care about, and was also almost certianly a primary sx variant which can sometimes make people seem Fi-ish.

As for Umbridge I had always considered her an evil ESFJ too, but now I'm thinking she could be ESTJ. She's obsessed with "The Rules", quoting long-forgotten/unenforced rules in an effort to obtain perfect order. The Je dominance in her is obvious, and I think many may assume it to be Fe in part because of her appearance, gender, and benevolent, "prim-and-proper" facade. But her obsession with external organization and efficiency (and the law) to the detriment of other people is soon apparent - Te. Also consider the interaction styles, in which she is most certainly 'In-Charge' (ESTJ) rather than 'Get Things Going' (ESFJ). She definitely shows examples of both Te and Fe, and I think she's a borderline case of an ESxJ (also a 1w2 so/sp which doesn't really help matters). Which sounds more like Umbridge; "organizing and monitoring people and things to work efficiently and productively", or " being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate...adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along"??

As for Bellatrix, I'm going to agree with Coriolis and say ESFP does fit slightly better than ESTP regarding her obsessive Fi dedication.

theplacesyoullgo

Jade Curtiss, you're really skilled and clear in your writing, thanks. I agree with you with Dumbledore as INFJ overall -- can't see an INTJ being as warm or as whimsical as he is (not that INFJs are necessarily particularly whimsical, but certainly more than your stereotypical INTJ).

Sirius as a particularly intense sx ESTP actually sounds quite right. Don't know why I didn't think of it before, I think I'd always seen him typed as ENTP so didn't even consider the possible S. But he's outgoing, highly excitable, fun-loving (especially in his younger years), impulsive, a real doer -- much more forceful with his actions (Se) than his ideas (Ne), a real risk-taker. High Se could make him ESFP I suppose, but I don't think he was really warm enough for that.

Umbridge is a total ESTJ - completely Te without any underlying intuition, doesn't really care about the feelings of others. ESTJ is the stereotypical middle-manager type, which she essentially is.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
DISCLAIMER: The members I matched with the respective characters have no relation to their type.

But yeah, Professor Dumbledore is an INTP (maybe even ENTP), and Snape is INTP as well (final answer). Hermione, I've decided is an INTJ (she's much more a knowledge seeker than a security seeker, not to mention she's quite abstract).

Voldemort: Anyone that's gotten banned and had a long tribute thread

:yay: I finally get to be something cool!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
But yeah, Professor Dumbledore is an INTP (maybe even ENTP), and Snape is INTP as well (final answer). Hermione, I've decided is an INTJ (she's much more a knowledge seeker than a security seeker, not to mention she's quite abstract).

Whoa, that's some pretty awful typing there.