• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harry Potter and MBTI

G

Glycerine

I don't understand how he uses Fe? To me, Harry clearly uses Fi. He's fighting to the death for what he stands for. That's like classic Fi.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't understand how he uses Fe? To me, Harry clearly uses Fi. He's fighting to the death for what he stands for. That's like classic Fi.

I get stuck because I cant see/hear/sense the Fi at all. Fi is not only about values, but is a feeling based judgment function.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm going to take a hot second here and say this:

...You're arguing over Harry Potter

Take a second to breathe that in.

If part of your souls didn't just do a tinge of twitching, then you may have far deeper issues to start working on than the fictional boy with a wand. :yes:
This is like 5 pages from someone emailing JK Rowling.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm going to take a hot second here and say this:

...You're arguing over Harry Potter

Take a second to breathe that in.

If part of your souls didn't just do a tinge of twitching, then you may have far deeper issues to start working on than the fictional boy with a wand. :yes:

yo Harry Potter is serious business ok

Little_Sticks

211375209msqnuq_ph.jpg

Omg, it's true. He's an ESTP.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok then do you see him as XSTP?

The one thing that says T is that everytime he goes up against someone he doesnt have that fight/flight reaction based response. Its more of a logic based decision to stand and fight. Its a difference between ESTP and ESTJ in your face. ESTJ hits Fi and its a fight/flight, but ESTP is just in your face. Screw whether he is doing it for ginny. Your looking at the wrong decision in my opinion to determine Ti vs Fi.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This has got to stop man. You sure has short term memory loss.
19.jpg

English, motherfucker.

You - ISFPs are not heroic.
Me - you cannot arrive at a conclusion as such merely by his type.
You - ISFPs are not heroic. ISFPs are egotistical and slefish.
Me - :shock:. Again you cannot arrive at a conclusion as such merely by his type.
You - AHaaaaaaaaaaaa! you just proved my point.
No, I did not argue that ISFPs are innately egotistical. I argued that they're innately values-driven, and those values do not need to be heroic or sympathetic at all, which was your argument.

You - Harry is unhealthy.
Me - :shock: Have you read the fucking book man or atleast watched the film?.
You - Harry in unhealthy and selfish.
Me - Proves harry isn't unhealthy.
You - Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! and says -
I did not at any point say Harry is selfish. My entire goddamn fucking argument is that Harry is innately heroic (you know, the opposite of selfish), therefore he is Fe-driven. You need to seriously work on your Ti skills.

Incidentally, I'll take this as a submission. You did not address any of my points at all, and are resorting to one big ad hominem attack to try to beat a retreat.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't understand how he uses Fe? To me, Harry clearly uses Fi. He's fighting to the death for what he stands for.
He is fighting to death to save everyone else. Do you even know what Fe is?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It sure as shit ain't gonna be me. My theory is that she tried to write an ISFP character and fucked it up, ergo asking her won't solve anything.

R

Riva

Incidentally, I'll take this as a submission. You did not address any of my points at all, and are resorting to one big ad hominem attack to try to beat a retreat.

:laugh:

Dude you are so good at typing people and making valid points I could never win.

G

Glycerine

The one thing that says T is that everytime he goes up against someone he doesnt have that fight/flight reaction based response. Its more of a logic based decision to stand and fight. Its a difference between ESTP and ESTJ in your face. ESTJ hits Fi and its a fight/flight, but ESTP is just in your face. Screw whether he is doing it for ginny. Your looking at the wrong decision in my opinion to determine Ti vs Fi.
I know the difference between Fi and Ti (I use it a fair amount for academics). Ok. You may be right. I have never met an ISTP before. However, I have met several INTPs and the character Harry, is nothing like them. I have met many IXFPs and Harry seemed much more like them.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He is fighting to death to save everyone else. Do you even know what Fe is?

Isnt that more TJ military/police/etc., to protect:doh: Is everyone who chooses to be in the military Fe.

Little_Sticks

Aleksei, Curzon's using logic to show you can't deduce anything from your logic. He's following it trying to show you that your logic doesn't prove a thing. Not that you are necessarily wrong. Just that you need a more conclusive logical argument to firmly determine ESTP from the set of MBTI function/type basic rules.

Your argument is like this

If Harry Potter is healthy AND unselfish AND heroic.
1. He uses Fe because Fe is unselfish and heroic.

If Harry Potter is unhealthy AND selfish AND unheroic.
2. He uses Fi because it is selfish when unhealthy.

Conclusion: Since he is deemed healthy AND unselfish AND heroic, then he must use Fe.

The Logical Problem:
You don't address what healthy Fi looks like or what unhealthy Fe looks like and you apply negative properties (being selfish and unheroic) to unhealthy Fi, but don't address the negative properties of Fe. Since you left out all that information, your conclusion is half-baked and inconclusive because it does not even attempt to cover all or at least most of the possibilities. That's all. Nothing personal.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aleksei, Curzon's using logic to show you can't deduce anything from your logic. He's following it trying to show you that your logic doesn't prove a thing. Not that you are necessarily wrong. Just that you need a more conclusive logical argument to firmly determine ESTP from the set of MBTI function/type basic rules.

Conclusion: Since he is deemed healthy AND unselfish AND heroic, then he must use Fe.

The Logical Problem:
You don't address what healthy Fi looks like or what unhealthy Fe looks like and you apply negative properties (being selfish and unheroic) to unhealthy Fi, but don't address the negative properties of Fe. Since you left out all that information, your conclusion is half-baked and inconclusive because it does not even attempt to cover all or at least most of the possibilities. That's all. Nothing personal.

Thats dominant Ti:yes:

R

Riva

The Logical Problem:

:yes:

I would have written this before you did. but now my fingers hurt from typing.