User Tag List

First 18586667686970 Last

MBTI
    NeSi
    Enneagram
    6 sp/so

I used to think that Hermione was a pretty typical XSTJ, especially in the first couple of books, but I've come to think of her as more of an INFJ. I think she almost has this self-righteousness about her that was pretty extreme when was she younger, maybe due to all her insecurities and feel of failure. I think she was so focused on trying to prove that she belonged at Hogwarts that it kind of overtook everything else. By the last book she seemed to become a little more well-rounded, confident, and self-assured, which seemed to mellow out her rigidness from the earlier books. I thought she also displayed quite a lot of extroverted feeling in the last book too... I just see her as more of an intuitive than a sensor, and think that her clashes with the more intuition-heavy characters (Luna) stem more from insecurity and an almost obsessive need to believe that her opinions have value in the wizarding world (leading to being rigid and close-minded), rather than a more black and white sensor v. intuitive divide.
    Likes Forever_Jung liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

My ones:

Harry - ISFP definitely.
    Ron - ENFP. Ron is definitely not an ESFP. He's more intuitive than he lets on such as knowing when Harry doesn't want to talk about something. But Ron is intuitive about people in a different way to Hermione.
    Hermione - INFJ. Hermione is not a thinker no matter how intelligent she is. A Thinker would not keep Remus's secret. A Thinker would not want to free all house elves without researching all the facts.
    Neville - ISTJ. Neville always seems to go by the book and is bound by his duty to want to make his parents proud and live up to his Gran's expectations. Most type Neville as a Feeler but he never shared his past with any of his friends.
    Ginny - ESTP. Ginny may not be a well written character but she's definitely spunky, fiery enough that I can't see her with anything else.
    Luna - INFP. She is not a thinker. INFPs are basically called dreamers and who better fits that description than Luna who is described as dreamy?
    Remus - INFJ. He was good at helping students find his strengths and INFJs are very good at picking up on people's strengths and understanding them.
    Sirius - ESFP. It's hard to explain but he's definitely not a intuitive. But I will explain if people want me to.

I'm not sure about Dumbledore. Everyone says he's an INFJ but I'm not so sure. Can INFJ's be manipulative?

MBTI
    ESFJ

I agree with most that Hermione is an INFJ. This doesn't really become clear until maybe books 4-7. She has this self-righteous/perfectionist e1 drive that initially makes her come off as an ESTJ. But once she relaxes into herself a bit more, you start to see she is an idealistic crusader in a way STJ's wouldn't be, and that she is very insightful about other people's motivations in a classic INFJ way (think of the way she walks Harry through the psyche of Cho Chang in book five, without really knowing Cho all that well).

She also becomes quite good at peering behind the façade of institutions and reading between the lines of verbal communication. For instance, she is the first student to see through Umbridge's BS during the introductory speech at the Great Hall:

‘It explained a lot. '
    ‘Did it?' said Harry in surprise. ‘Sounded like a load of waffle to me. '
    ‘There was some important stuff hidden in the waffle,' said Hermione grimly.

‘Was there?' said Ron blankly.
    ‘How about: “progress for progress’s sake must be discouraged”?
    How about: “pruning wherever we find practices that ought to be prohibited”? '
    ‘Well, what does that mean?' said Ron impatiently.

‘I’ll tell you what it means,' said Hermione ominously. ‘It means the Ministry’s interfering at Hogwarts. '
    I'm not saying STJ's can't question/critique institutions, but look how much longer it took for a brainy STJ like Percy Weasley to see the flaws of the Ministry.

Anyway, Hermione's INFJ typing is also supported by the fact that Hermione is a pretty clear stand-in for JK Rowling (Rowling has said as much in the past), and J.K. Rowling self-identifies as an INFJ (I believe she even mentioned being an INFJ in the dedication page of one of her mystery novels, written under the pseudonym of Robert Galbraith). Of course, Rowling may be wrong about her own type, but I wouldn't completely discount it.
    Likes Snow as White, Tina&Jane liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't remember the books well, but here's my guess using the cognitive functions {1 2 3} with the
    Film characters where * is my confidence 5/5:

***** Albus Dumbledore, TeNi, ENTJ (Another certain typing of mine, Albus in the films has mastery over Te at every second, always putting its priority before Ni reflection. Albus as an Extrovert drives the situation along, letting his Feeling go inferior, orienting strongly to Ni once unoccupied with his agenda. See functions {1 2 3} This film version of Albus seems to have zero to do with Fe--any Feeling resorts to Fi. Duality between Harry and Albus fits spot on with their natural chemistry/flow in scenes; like they've always known each other, their simultaneous reactions are synergistic and complimentary, which can't be said of Harry and the other main characters.)

***** Luna Lovegood, NiTe, INTJ (A clear example of the type. I understand Thinker, but a clear Ni-Fi-Te type of which I don't think you could consider any other type. Feeling and Thinking not inferior, lost in Internal intuition her Extraverted Perception is inferior. Luna doesn't have access TiSi reasoning systems or maps, just Ni ideas and impressions, she seems like the type who'd save you with a sudden reflex of Te and respond "I had thought the situation called for it..." Ni + Fi are mostly pronounced, all Gamma functions very pronounced. See functions {1 2 3})

**** Severus Snape, TiNe, INTP (Makes good sense in the films, Snape harnesses a powerful Ti focus and mindfulness, and a natural attraction to Ne in situations. Feeling is also clearly of the Extraverted orientation despite inferior; Fi is ulta-inferior and I think the writer purposefully designed the character this way. I could consider another "Ne-Si" type but there's nothing Ni-Se about him in the films.)

***** Hermione Granger, NeTi, ENTP (Clear Ti-Fe in the films. Ne primary, check. They gave her strong Si which is fine, because Ti is stronger. Internal logic, poor in response to external situations. The reason I'm speaking vaguely here is because her type is so clear, see functions {1 2 3}. All of her Alpha functions are very pronounced.)

**** Ron Weasley, FeSi, ESFJ (The big Fe character of the movies--a great exemplar of constant Extraverted Feeling. He seems mostly Fe and Si.)

Also, interesting... http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...70-500-240.gif

**** Draco Malfoy, SiFe, ISFJ (A monster of an Si-Fe-Ti-Ne. See functions {1 2 3})

**** Harry Potter, FiSe, ISFP (Makes the most sense in the films. Ni-Se focus is quite strong and pronounced throughout the films, though they gave him Ne due to the plot. See functions {1 2 3})

**** Rubeus Hagrid, FiNe, INFP (Fi-Te is incredibly clear in the films, Ne-Si fits.)

*** Bellatrix Lestrange, SeFi, ESFP (Need to rewatch but my best guess for now based on ESFP vibes.)

*** Lord Voldemort, some Feeler in the films, not Feeling inferior

"Hermione is not a thinker no matter how intelligent she is. A Thinker would not keep Remus's secret. A Thinker would not want to free all house elves without researching all the facts."
    - Depends on if Ti or Te. Ti primary types tend to forget applying their logical systems to a simple situation, plus I believe she's relying on Ne.
    Last edited by Dashy CVII; 06-03-2018 at 08:33 PM.
    shhh

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Harry ISFP
    Hermione ESTJ
    Ron ENFP
    Snape INTJ
    Voldemort ENTJ
    Dumbledore INFJ
    Luna INTP
    Neville INTP
    Ginny ESTP
    Draco ESFJ
    Hagrid INFP
    True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Quote Originally Posted by Dashy CVII View Post
    One more to add to my movie list.

***** Albus Dumbledore, TeNi, ENTJ (Another certain typing of mine, Albus in the films has mastery over Te at every second, always putting its priority before Ni reflection. Albus as an Extrovert drives the situation along, letting his Feeling go inferior, orienting strongly to Ni once unoccupied with his agenda. See functions {1 2 3} This film version of Albus seems to have zero to do with Fe--any Feeling resorts to Fi. Duality between Harry and Albus fits spot on with their natural chemistry/flow in scenes; like they've always known each other, their simultaneous reactions are synergistic and complimentary, which can't be said of Harry and the other main characters.)
    He is one of warmest characters, even compassionate. Clearly introvert.
    True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

MBTI
    INTJ

Warm and compassionate like Draco? Albus in the films has a comfortable wield of that true Fi that Harry and Hagrid have, he just uses the other 3 functions more: T > N/S > F. Most Te primaries really aren't social IRL, because Te types compared to Fe types have logic taking up such a primary role in the 'external situation,' Te-Fis tend to appear 'lost in calculated conduct.' This is more Jungian. I also find him to be Extraverted by Jungian standards, not particularly social like in MBTI standards. Draco in the films fits the true definition of an Extroverted Feeling type, like in those function links I posted above, and in his case it's not warm or compassionate. I have to go to what the root of an Introverted and Extroverted function are in the mind. A Feeling function is a Feeling function, but depending on if its introverted or extroverted, it shows up in opposite contexts. I think in the films, Albus is clearly Thinking primary and Fi valuing/inferior, but as usual, all characters have a decent wield of their inferior functions due to valuation.
    shhh

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Warm and compassionate like Draco? I think in the films he is clearly Thinking primary and Feeling inferior, but as usual, all characters have a decent wield of their inferior functions due to valuation: Albus in the films has a comfortable wield of that true Fi that Harry and Hagrid have, he just uses the other 3 functions more: T > N/S > F, also I find him to be Extraverted by Jungian standards, not particularly social like in MBTI standards. Real Te primaries really aren't social IRL, Te types comapred to Fe types are oft the opposite of social due to logic taking up such a primary role in the 'external situation,' Te-Fis tend to appear 'lost in calculated conduct.' Draco in the films fits the true definition of Extroverted Feeling, and it's not warm or compassionate, in his case. I have to go to what the root of an Introverted and Extroverted function are in the mind, like in those links I posted. A Feeling function is a Feeling function, but depending on if its introverted or extroverted, it shows up in opposite contexts.
    I think he is Intuitive not a Feeler. INFJ can be cold and warm.
    ===Logical Crusader===

MBTI
    INTJ

I would've given Albus a 6/5 star confidence if I could, because to me he's a marvelous model of an ENTJ benchmark in the movies, how the function values play out in the ENTJ type. I find him very T > F despite him having the altruistic temperament. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree Like I said, everything is *films* because I forgot the books a long time ago. Interestingly, also I don't think Voldemort in the films would qualify for ENTJ by any stretch of the imagination, he's a Feeling type. I need to rewatch the films to obtain more clear typings.

shhh

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

I would've given Albus a 6/5 star confidence if I could, because to me he's a marvelous model of an ENTJ benchmark in the movies, how the function values plays out in the ENTJ type. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree Like I said, everything is *films* because I forgot the books a long time ago. Interestingly, also I don't think Voldemort in the films would qualify for ENTJ by any stretch of the imagination; he's a Feeling type, though I need to rewatch the films to obtain more clear typings.

No ENTJ would sacrifice himself for the group. This is not Thinker.
    ===Logical Crusader===