• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harry Potter and MBTI

Dashy CVII

MBTI Type
INTJ
;) You're totally entitled to your opinion! I can only go by the big picture of what I see from Albus and the distinct difference between Introverted/Extraverted functions (in his case, the Gamma functions line up perfectly.) People should read my previous links however, so they know what I mean by "Feeling" and "Extroverted Feeling" in the psyche. I think Feeling is just Feeling: like in the instance of Draco, F doesn't have to equate = to altruism or putting others first. A primary Thinker can subscribe to this philosophy.

ThomasISFP

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
I think slyterin is gamma and ravenclaw could be any of the quadras except for alpha.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here are some of my guesses:

Harry: ISFP
Hermione: INFJ
Ron: ESXP
Neville: ISFP
Dumbledore: INXJ
Snape: INTJ
Luna: INFP
Draco: I find him really hard to type honestly. We only see him from Harry's perspective throughout most of the series, and he's so conflicted in the last few books that it's hard to get a clear read on him. While he did become a more sympathetic character for me during HBP and DH, he seems easily influenced by the stronger people around him. Granted he's also a teenager throughout the series, but I think even into adulthood he would struggle to understand who he is and what he stands for, and would likely never feel comfortable taking a strong stance on anything. He's not someone I would ever trust or put my faith in, even after his growth in the last books . Pretty spineless overall, but I do think he's one of the more interesting characters to analyze because of how conflicted he is.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'mma try:
Harry - ISFP 9w8 sp/so
Ron - ESFP 6w7 so/sx
Hermoine - ESTJ 1w2 sp/so
Voldemort - ENTJ 3w4 so/sp
Dumbledore - INFJ 1w9 so/sp
Snape - INTJ 6w5 sp/sx
Draco - ESTJ 3w4 so/sp
Luna - INTP 9w1 sx/sp
Neville - ISFP 6w7 sp/so
McGonagall - ISTJ 1w2 so/sp
Lucius - ESTJ 3w2 so/sp
Sirius - ESTP 7w6 sx/so
Peter - ISFJ 6w5 sp/so
Horace - ENFJ 3w2 so/sp
Moaning Myrtle - ISFP 4w3 sx/so
Ollivander - ISTJ 5w4 so/sp
Rita - ESFJ 3w2 so/sp
Nagini - ESTP 6w7 sx/so

I don't know what the types are of the people that i've left out.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Dumbledore type is ENFJ. A principal of a well known magic school. Good leadership also. The only one INFJ is Professor Trelawney who teaches divination, and a seer that Even Hermoine, one of Hogwarts the best student, doesn't get it.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Dumbledore is a P. He's too wacky and flexible to be a J.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Prof. Mc Gonagall type is an ESFP. I idenfity some ESFP natural talents on her.
She teaches dance. Dance is an art and type that will excel at practicing it will be an ESFP.

She is a story teller also.

She is master of transfiguration that she teaches the class and She can turn herself into a Cat.

She is good at duelling also, that Prof. Snape had to flee.

She is a leader. She is vice headmaster of Hogwarts and eventually a headmaster after Dumbledore dies. She is also head of Griffyndoor Dorm.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I take back what I said about Hermione being an INFJ, I think she's ESTJ with a 1 enneagram.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'mma try:
Harry - ISFP 9w8 sp/so
Ron - ESFP 6w7 so/sx
Hermoine - ESTJ 1w2 sp/so
Voldemort - ENTJ 3w4 so/sp
Dumbledore - INFJ 1w9 so/sp
Snape - INTJ 6w5 sp/sx
Draco - ESTJ 3w4 so/sp
Luna - INTP 9w1 sx/sp
Neville - ISFP 6w7 sp/so
McGonagall - ISTJ 1w2 so/sp
Lucius - ESTJ 3w2 so/sp
Sirius - ESTP 7w6 sx/so
Peter - ISFJ 6w5 sp/so
Horace - ENFJ 3w2 so/sp
Moaning Myrtle - ISFP 4w3 sx/so
Ollivander - ISTJ 5w4 so/sp
Rita - ESFJ 3w2 so/sp
Nagini - ESTP 6w7 sx/so

I don't know what the types are of the people that i've left out.

Harry is a 6, Neville is a 9.

LittleVoice

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't read HP in years but I'll try and use my Si powers to remember...

Harry - ISFP and probably socionics ESI. Enneagram unsure.
Hermione - I think ESTJ as I imagine an ISTJ to be more passive than she is? I think enneagram 1 and socionics LSE
Ron - genuinely stumped with this one. I would say enneagram 6w7 though.
Luna - INFP and probably IEI in socionics though.
Sirius - ESFP enneagram 7w8 and SEE socionics.
Snape - INTJ 5w4 and ILI socionics
Lily - seems INFJ
James - seems ESTP. As with Lily, it's hard to tell as they are seen through the memories of Snape mainly.
Neville - not sure but I always related to him. I think he could be a fellow ISFJ? And an enneagram 9 perhaps?
Remus - INFP? Possibly EII in socionics but then I'm not sure if that makes sense when Sirius and James are most like SEE and SLE.
Tonks - ENFP enneagram 7w6 and socionics IEE
Arthur Weasley - ENTP and an ILE. Not sure about enneagram.
Molly Weasley- think we can safely say ESFJ 2w3 and ESE.
Minerva McGonnagall- ISTJ and enneagram 1. Possibly LSI in socionics.
Hagrid - seems SEI in socionics with the whole caregiver thing but not sure about much else
Ginny - SEE in socionics I think.

My Si has failed me. I was a teenager when I read the books and now I'm old so...