• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jennifer Connelly

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
She's one of my favorite actresses. Something about her tells me she has INFJ written all over her. Anyone else have any educated guesses? :huh:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFx, definitely.

89dda61df3cce6d3bdcccfdedae30940Jen_Con.jpg

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I think she has a dreamy INF look.
Also, she's hot.

Cameigons

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
4w3
Hot is a blatant euphemism :cheese:
INFx for sure. Beyond that I find it hard to guess.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yah kept thinking INFJ myself.

Lightyear

Any explanations why INFJ? Or are you all just deciding based on a general hunch?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any explanations why INFJ? Or are you all just deciding based on a general hunch?

I've watched her on TV shows and read interviews. The things that she continuously mentions like how she is/was "quiet, hard working, and not very social" makes it clear she is IxxJ. From the way she speaks, what she speaks about, and the way she carries herself, it seems clear that she is INFJ. Like ajblaise said, she is what people picture when they hear "INFJ."

[youtube="oCLd8Md9HK8"]Jennifer Connelly on Letterman[/youtube]

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've watched her on TV shows and read interviews. The things that she continuously mentions like how she is/was "quiet, hard working, and not very social" makes it clear she is IxxJ.

How would you say that would differ from INFP (with Te development, for example)?
What are some of the distinguishing factors?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How would you say that would differ from INFP (with Te development, for example)?
What are some of the distinguishing factors?

I don't think I've ever seen an INFP with really strong Te. But from watching INTPs, I assume their thinking would be much more linear and sequential. Ti seems much more all over the place (or at least mine is). I think her Ti is why she is not able to put into exact words what she is feeling.

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Another give-away for me was when during the interview she said, "I was a bit of a tyrant with myself". I think IxxJs are known for being self-flagellating task masters. IxxPs are less focused, but more flexible.

Also her general behavior seemed INFJish. She stammered a few times when Letterman asked questions she was uncomfortable answering. "I don't want to talk about my GPA!" She seemed pretty private and was very deliberate about what she was willing to divulge about her personal life.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think I've ever seen an INFP with really strong Te.

A tangent, but: One of my best friends here actually falls into that category. (He is a project manager for telecommunications.) And FineLine, who was a long-standing member here, would be another... but he took a departure in late Spring this past year. So they're out there. And yes, when they are Te'ing, it does get very linear and procedural and quantified.

Usually they get much more effusive when they drop back into Fi+Ne -- talking about broad spiritual and personal principles that can't really be conveyed through a technical description, you either "grasp them" or you don't.

But from watching INTPs, I assume their thinking would be much more linear and sequential. Ti seems much more all over the place (or at least mine is). I think her Ti is why she is not able to put into exact words what she is feeling.

Well, true, the Ti is much less concrete than Te in how it gets articulated -- it deals with essence and abstractions and underlying structure. I recognize Te pretty quickly because it seeks to quantify as much as possible, where Ti is much more content with just the abstracted definition and struggles to make it more specific.

What about the difference between Fi and Fe functions? What does Connelly show that you think better expresses Fe style sentiment and less Fi?

(btw, I am just asking so as to pick your brain and get the ideas out for everyone to consider, this isn't a challenge to your statement. :) )

Another give-away for me was when during the interview she said, "I was a bit of a tyrant with myself". I think IxxJs are known for being self-flagellating task masters. IxxPs are less focused, but more flexible.

Yes, I've seen INTJs and ISFJs become self-beaters too. (Not ISTJ as much, but they still do work to conform to their "ideal image" -- or maybe ISTJ just seems to do it easier or without expressing so much of the angst externally, so I'm not privy to it.)

I was raised in Religious ISFJ World, and I was always a self-beater and self-martyr; it's pretty devastating. I note that as I have become more "me" in recent years, I find it a lot easier to just put myself in perspective, flex, allow myself room realistically, and a lot of the guilt has disappeared. I think it was imposed externally for many years on me and I had internalized it, rather than it being my "natural" approach.

Also her general behavior seemed INFJish. She stammered a few times when Letterman asked questions she was uncomfortable answering. "I don't want to talk about my GPA!" She seemed pretty private and was very deliberate about what she was willing to divulge about her personal life.

lol... all right, I will definitely give you THAT one with INFJs.
I have seen that behavior a lot. :)

INxP is more apt to take a more playful, less committed approach -- they'll make a joke, or divert the conversation, or answer the question in a way that doesn't answer it but closes it off, and later you'll realize they just didn't give you what you wanted.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about the difference between Fi and Fe functions? What does Connelly show that you think better expresses Fe style sentiment and less Fi?

(btw, I am just asking so as to pick your brain and get the ideas out for everyone to consider, this isn't a challenge to your statement. :) )

Is it that obvious I'm Ni dominant? :)

Hmmm, I think of Fi as a very individualistic factor whereas Fe tends to shift based on what is appropriate in the context. She seems like a person who is very aware of social values and tries to fit into them. In contrast to someone like Bjork, who I believe is INFP, who tries to remain true to her values alone. Not that Fi is more original than Fe, but Fe is more aware of what others want and feel and Fi is more aware of what they want and feel.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's an INFJ

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
She always seems aloof (in an awesome and mysterious way) to me so I'm in the she is an INFJ boat . Not wanting to reveal one's true self completely is a characteristic, right?

yeghor

Reviving this old thread.

I noticed that Jennifer Connely is typed as INFJ. I find her very attractive. That's why I think she is rather an ISTP.

I've always been physically attracted to athletic warrior ST women, particularly STPs. They have strong nose and jaw lines and athletic/low fat bodies. Such as Naomi Watts (might be ISTJ), Charlotte Gainsbourg (xSTP) to name a few.

I think that is because I instinctively recognize that they have the genes I am lacking.

jennifer-connelly-cinderella-man-premiere-600w-160850081.jpg

60527bf145d2a07788d0611a.jpg