• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Lion in Winter (1968)

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
--is perhaps my favorite film of all time; at the very least a stunning historical drama courtesy of the talented acting chops of Peter O'Toole, Katharine Hepburn, Anthony Hopkins, and Timothy Dalton. If you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend it for its brilliant dialogue... but if you have seen it, I'd love help typing the characters!

King Henry II (Peter O'Toole) ExxJ?
Queen Eleanor of Aquitane (Katharine Hepburn) ENxJ?
Richard I, the Lionheart (Anthony Hopkins) ISFJ?
Geoffrey II, Duke of Brittany (John Castle) INTJ
John of England (Nigel Terry) xSFP?
King Philip of France (Timothy Dalton) xNTP?
Alais of Savoy (Jane Merrow) INFP

I'm hoping there are forum members familiar with this or any other classics as I'm a fan of the "oldies, but goodies."

Last edited:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
--is perhaps my favorite film of all time; at the very least a stunning historical drama courtesy of the talented acting chops of Peter O'Toole, Katharine Hepburn, Anthony Hopkins, and Timothy Dalton. If you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend it for its brilliant dialogue... but if you have seen it, I'd love help typing the characters!

King Henry II (Peter O'Toole) ExxJ?
Queen Eleanor of Aquitane (Katharine Hepburn) ENxJ?
Richard I, the Lionheart (Anthony Hopkins) ISFJ?
Geoffrey II, Duke of Brittany (John Castle) INTJ
John of England (Nigel Terry) xSFP?
King Philip of France (Timothy Dalton) xNTP?
Alys of Savoy (Jane Merrow) INFP

I'm hoping there are forum members familiar with this or any other classics as I'm a fan of the "oldies, but goodies."

i too am a fan of older films, and am VERY familiar with this movie. so much so, that it's listed as one of my favorite all-time films on my webpage.

i don't have enough time right now to go over types, but even so, i wanted to let you know you weren't alone. why? 'cause i was glad to see that i'm not!

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Gah!! I've been wanting to see this film for ages.

(Put it on TV already!)

heart

heart on fire
This movie always sort of depressed me. Too much dysfunction, no hope, no nobility of character for anyone involved. :D

I type Alais as ISFP.

I liked Lady Jane and Anne of the Thousand Days better.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love this movie! And my favorite line from it is "He smells of compost!"

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
ohmaigawd.

I am impressed. This deserves some "putting out." Too bad you're female.

Aww hell, I'll put out anyway.

:tongue:

ha. i told you i loved the movie! i couldn't wait for cable to get its crap together, so i figured another way (did the same with "virginia woolf").

and, there's always our next life. ;)

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
you're welcome, colmena. :)