• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jimi Hendrix

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I have been listening to Room Full of Mirrors, an autobiography of Jimi Hendrix, and it has, so far, been a very interesting and addicting listen.

From it, I have infered that he strikes me as an ISFP and I will explain.

I- This is obvious, for he, throughout the book, is described as being "withdrawn" and the "quiet one". He is also stated as being Introverted, specifically, by the reader a few times.

SP- It's also obvious; he struggles to keep his head up, and drops out of high school for his guitar. Not that I'm trying to make a point here, though. His P is really strong; he's constantly wandering around, moving from one place to another, never settling down.

F- He lived a hard life, and his mother died when he was a teen. He was stated as sobbing, and wheeping nonstop, and he was always talking about how he going to go live with her in heaven. He was described by the author as "sensative" and he always gave off the F vibe with his girlfriends, and he, next to the guitar, they were his life. He wrote their names on his few first guitars, and was stated by the author as "always thinking about his girlfriends"

That being said, I want to know what you know and think, and if you have any ideas or facts to share that will further our veiw of Jimi.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I agree. No type has such a potential for the easygoing lover as an ISFP.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Interesting. I was thinking he might be an INFP. I'm not too sure though. What makes him come across as an S?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nothing of importance to add...just that i love...love...love jimi hendrix...brilliant. :)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I hate how so many of the good musicians get typed as INFP, but that is what I'll type him as, INxP as a second guess. I've always been a fan and have seen plenty of interviews and films on him.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFP. Totally a Composer Artisan.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I had considered INFP but he struck me more as an SP for the total dropping out of school for guitar playing..but I can see why he may be an INFP too, but my best friend is xSFP and he has a lot of similar traits.

I guess INFP can be considered, but I still feel he's an ISFP.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INFPs drop out of school, too. But I'm inclined to agree that Jimi's an ISFP. His lyrics seem deceptively N but I think a close look reveals that they come from an imaginitive sensor.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think he's isfp too, but it is a tough call.

he's out there and scattered adn diffuse, but a head fulla acid will do that to you. i think he';s creative, he has some tertiary introverted intuition. he is definitely Fi dom, watch him talk in an interview and it comes thru so much, the translating his feelings into thoughts. i just get Se way more in terms of his dress and presentation, his physique and movement, and how he seems more technically inclined. his creativity is so much in his implementation, his ear, his actual sensory perceptions. they aren't so much about the connections between things, if you listen to him talk, he doesn't give the impression of being able to turn ideas around in his head and look at them from many different angles. theyre kinda loose and trippy, but not revolving and recombining all the time. he's not juggling them like an infp before they all fall down.

also, dylan, prince, sly stone, michale jackson, carlos santana- i think they're all isfps. he fits into that extremely well.