• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Feist

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Leslie Feist...what do you think? I can't really tell, but I think some sort of J. Her answers seem very measured.

[YOUTUBE="KA9UB7Q-luw"]Feist Interview[/YOUTUBE]

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I've thought about her, and she's tough to type. INF seems almost certain. I'll say Feeling/Intuition Introvert, certainty 3/4. INFJ.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I was seriously just going to include her in the Sexiest Women thread. I just saw her on Colbert's Christmas Special, and didn't know much about her before that.

To me she screams INFJ.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
In that interview some of her facial expressions remind me of an INFJ I know.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I was seriously just going to include her in the Sexiest Women thread. I just saw her on Colbert's Christmas Special, and didn't know much about her before that.

To me she screams INFJ.

Lol, yeah I saw her on Colbert, though I had listened to some of her music before. I can see INFJ, though she seems more easily expressive than a lot of INFJ's that I know. Her answers seem to just roll off her tongue without any hesitation, and the INFJ's that I know usually have to take some time thinking and pause before they talk (and while they talk). But I only know two INFJ's, so...

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Lol, yeah I saw her on Colbert, though I had listened to some of her music before. I can see INFJ, though she seems more easily expressive than a lot of INFJ's that I know. Her answers seem to just roll off her tongue without any hesitation, and the INFJ's that I know usually have to take some time thinking and pause before they talk (and while they talk). But I only know two INFJ's, so...

Well, her father is an "abstract expressionist", and her mother was artsy as well. So maybe growing up in an environment that encourages free expression can aide in that. I also think confidence and how comfortable an INFJ is in the extroverted realm will effect how hesitant or definite they are in their speech.

V

violaine

To me she screams INFJ.

Lol, me too. At least, in this interview.

The hesitation before answering might happen if INFJ haven't expressly given forethought to something before being asked their opinion. It will take a minute to cobble together exactly what you want to say. But may not even happen in this scenario being that she knows she's going to be giving an interview, she's describing the very deliberate process of making her album and she has given many interviews before. (Also, no doubt she's been edited so it goes straight into her answers.)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Well, her father is an "abstract expressionist", and her mother was artsy as well. So maybe growing up in an environment that encourages free expression can aide in that. I also think confidence and how comfortable an INFJ is in the extroverted realm will effect how hesitant or definite they are in their speech.

Yeah, I know that using the perceived confidence of an individual is not a good way to determine type.

Sanveane: Yeah, I considered the editing. I meant something more like the way that Tori Amos pauses in the middle of saying something (this board seems to think she's INFJ, too). These could just be individual idiosyncrasies, though, so I know it's not really evidence of any particular type.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Sanveane: Yeah, I considered the editing. I meant something more like the way that Tori Amos pauses in the middle of saying something (this board seems to think she's INFJ, too). These could just be individual idiosyncrasies, though, so I know it's not really evidence of any particular type.

Here is something from the INFJ profile that I find fairly true for INFJs I know:

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

I usually associate pauses in speech, hesitance, and stifled expression with INFPs, at least with ones I'm familiar with.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Okay, I'm no longer confused on the introvert bit...she's just very articulate. But she comes across as more 'I' in this video.

[YOUTUBE="5xd12kTpgyo"]Feist Interview[/YOUTUBE]

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I dunno, Orangey. You sayin' she's T?

No, she strikes me more as an F. The purpose of my last post was merely to indicate that I'd gotten over my I/E related doubt. Before, I thought that her seeming ease in public situations might indicate more of an E leaning. I don't think so anymore.

Her music is cool, BTW. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
I saw her on the Colbert special & I got the feeling she might be an INFJ.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
When I saw that '1, 2, 3, 4' diddy I got a strong INFJ vibe, or at least what I imagine to be an INFJ vibe.

There's a certain way that she sings, the style or her music. It comes across as floaty and gentle, probably because of the use of a softer voice.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
When I saw that '1, 2, 3, 4' diddy I got a strong INFJ vibe, or at least what I imagine to be an INFJ vibe.

There's a certain way that she sings, the style or her music. It comes across as floaty and gentle, probably because of the use of a softer voice.

I really like her voice. It's got this quality that I can't really put into words...it's just very soft and contained, never really hitting any unpleasant extremes. Yet it's not boring, either.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i feel it all is one of the best songs in the whole wide world, as soon as i saw the interview with her and kevin drew on pitchfork about his silent movie i was like, infj, infj, infj! she controls the articulation so well, speaks for kevin drew so much, it's so Fe i can't believe it. plus she has that left-brained j tightness a la thom yorke, bjork, etc.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Anyone who writes a song called I feel it all is probably a feeler...

She looks so much like my current GF...
She speaks with a great sense of humility ( in her tone, I mean)
I like her.