• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

steve martin?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what's his type?? does anyone know?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'd say ENTJ, one with a good sense of humor. Or the most industrious ENTP ever.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I don't know about Steve Martin, but Raymond Burr was an INTJ.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i have always seen him typed as ENTJ. Along with Jim Carrey, he is the token "ENTJ with a sense of humor".

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Jim Carrey is more an ENFP.

i too had similar thoughts until i kept seeing him typed as ENTJ and then i thought about it:

tertiary Se. Jim carry's weird "contorting his body" humor is the tertiary Se of an NJ. There are many times when I myself do something ridiculous and funny that looks like improv, but in reality was "planned" to be funny.

I think we need to get over the fact that not all weird, ADD, and creative people are Ne (not directed at you necessarily).

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I was wondering about him tonight. I love him. I'd have said ENTP.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My dad is a huuge fan of Steve Martin, and has been since his early days..I asked him and he claims that Steve's an ENTJ. He's backing this up with a few books that he's read about Martin.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't see the J everyone's talking about--he seems very NP to me. He does get stuff done, but Ps can get stuff done if they're excited about their work. I can see Dennis Miller or Bill Maher as ENTJ, but not Martin.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm gonna go with ENTJ Erina! :D I LOVE HIM SOOO MUCH...... Oh ROXANNE!!!!!!!! Him and Daryl Hannah my heart is melting as I write :wubbie:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I would guess ENFP, but this isn't a strong opinion, and it sure seems a lot of people think ENTJ.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
MMM I wouldn't be adverse to thinking ENFP he certainly does have a robin williamsesque thing going on (WOW what a jump from ENTJ to ENFP) Never thought I'd get to say this but, ENFP or ENTJ I'm undecided :D

alicia91

OK - I'll gossip a little. Back in the 80's I lived in Malibu for a couple of years and had some entertainment industry connections. I heard from more than one source that Steve was really different IRL than his stage persona (which is true for many comedians). I heard: chauvenistic male-pig, serious-humorless, reserved and cold/unfriendly.

I'm going with INTJ.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't see the J everyone's talking about--he seems very NP to me. He does get stuff done, but Ps can get stuff done if they're excited about their work. I can see Dennis Miller or Bill Maher as ENTJ, but not Martin.

Those two are both ENTP, but they don't have the same type as Martin. I can see ENTJ, but I think he's an I. He's more ecclectic than purely productive (although he's fairly productive too), which fits an INTJ a little better.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i see steve martin and jim carrey as entj. the energy of an enfp, but with more of a weird steely intensity. and yes more Se gumbo body craaaaaziness! also i see more Ni than Ne, more pre-arranged pre-meditated pre-sorted pre-sifted intuition unleashing itself in weird torrential downpours, more writerly