• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

steve martin?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK - I'll gossip a little. Back in the 80's I lived in Malibu for a couple of years and had some entertainment industry connections. I heard from more than one source that Steve was really different IRL than his stage persona (which is true for many comedians). I heard: chauvenistic male-pig, serious-humorless, reserved and cold/unfriendly.

I'm going with INTJ.

I've heard he is reserved in person when not performing. I suspect he is an introvert. I think INTJ may be right also.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
I am contrasting Father of the Bride with The Jerk with SNL's "two wild and crazy guys"

ENTP

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've heard he is reserved in person when not performing. I suspect he is an introvert. I think INTJ may be right also.

you think dominant Ni more than dominant Te? i also focus on more tertiary Se than Fi, which has has none of whatsoever. Fi types have a strong feeling attachment to various things that guides their Te, a very deep cutting undercurrent.

he definitely needs serious introversion time to get it back and pull it together. plus it seems like he hates people. possibly all people. possibly including himself. he scares me- on 30 rock i loooooved his character.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i see inferior Fe rather than tertiary Fe. shopgirl is not intj. he has no feelings at all, and no soul. also the tertiary Se enj movement comedy.

Fecal McAngry

i see inferior Fe rather than tertiary Fe.
Why would you do something as difficult as figuring out what position F is in for SM, when you can do things as simple as determine what attitude F is, whether he is an introvert or an extrovert, etc.

The more difficult you make the process, the more often you will be wrong.

And BTW, SM does not extrovert feeling.

Fecal McAngry

I am contrasting Father of the Bride with The Jerk with SNL's "two wild and crazy guys"

ENTP

You are attempting to type a performer based on characters he played?

Very difficult. Why not take an easier path?

BTW--"Wild and Crazy Guy" was deliberately created because it's 180 degrees away from what Martin actually is...

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would you do something as difficult as figuring out what position F is in for SM, when you can do things as simple as determine what attitude F is, whether he is an introvert or an extrovert, etc.

The more difficult you make the process, the more often you will be wrong.

And BTW, SM does not extrovert feeling.

that was a mistake- i meant Fi. and bc the whole matters. you can boil it down to one question and see it one way, but that doesn't make you right. Te dom can be a wide range of extroversion, but it's always Te. extroversion means something far different to me than it does to you. it does not just translate into publicity, or affability, or "outgoing"ness. it means your information processing capabilities are skilled at merging with the world, and you do your best/easiest/most natural work outside of yourself. it makes you faster at adapting, but worse at getting your shit together/organizing your past experience.

also, it's off-topic, but your thought processes could not sound more istp. which is not a knock, just an observation related to your continual assertions that you are correct and everyone else is in fact wrong.

Fecal McAngry

no, why would it?
Not only am I a very clear INFP on all four dimensions, but I am right here in front of you, actually interacting with you, and you still can't perceive who I am.

If you can't put the ball in the basket from four feet away, why would you think you could from thirty feet away?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not only am I a very clear INFP on all four dimensions, but I am right here in front of you, actually interacting with you, and you still can't perceive who I am.

If you can't put the ball in the basket from four feet away, why would you think you could from thirty feet away?

i am legitimately amazed at all four dimensions. i must be high as a kite.

i also do greatly enjoy your analogy. field goal percentage is very important to me, lest i wake up one morning and realize i'm rasheed wallace mindlessly bombing away from downtown. oh the humanity!

you do strike me as istp, but my biggest potential weakness in this interpretation is that, if you are 37 years old as indicated, i would have far less experience/practice charting infpness in your demographic. i have a sample size of but 5 or 6.

it suffices to say, i know of no infps who share your stated goals. and few who would really enjoy quoting themselves.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I may be wrong, but it seems as if you've missed his point.

Psychdigg

Steve Martin's Somatotype is Endomorphy: 4.0 Mesomorphy 4.0 Ectomorphy: 4.0 That puts him in the dead center of the chart below. He could go in 4 directions at that point but most probably is an ENTP. His appeal is that he can be so many characters.

wpad5994d6_05.jpg

Last edited: