• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Twilight?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Edward- Fagtastic INTJ, 4w5 sx/sp
Bella- ISFP, 5w4 sx/so

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
true, but she theorizes that she can't tell with them because she's never been one, not because she doesn't like them. she says she's best at vampires, okay at humans, and can't do anyone else - because she is a vampire, was a human, and has never been anything else.

actually, i love all this stuff, lol. i'm not arguing that she couldn't be ESFP, but i am arguing that you're claiming her not to be ENFP only because you don't see yourself in her. i feel like i relate to her more than i relate to you - no offense at all, just thought-wise - but that doesn't make you not an ENFP...

Wow. Seriously? Argh. You LOVE THAT stuff? Oh, help. :shock: Just goes to show how many different varieties of one type can be out there. ***shudders to think of having to be Alice for a day***

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bella is actually the most ISFP-ish ISFP there ever was, whether Skylights relates to her or not. Her commentary throughout the whole book consists of describing everything around her in perfect detail, as if she were describing a fine painting, and then snarking about it.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Could very well be. I still fail to see how Alice is ENFP or Edward INTJ.

I'm not being argumentative. Maybe I don't understand it right or missed stuff - I'm not like an expert on the series. But I just don't see it. :blush:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Bella is actually the most ISFP-ish ISFP there ever was, whether Skylights relates to her or not. Her commentary throughout the whole book consists of describing everything around her in perfect detail, as if she were describing a fine painting, and then snarking about it.

we were talking about alice, aleksei, and i said to LL that i actually relate a lot to alice's interests and behavior, even though she does not. i don't feel like i've read the series closely enough to make a call on her typing though.

i agree with you about ISFP for bella.

redacted

"Oh, yay, they tell the future and read minds, so they must be Ns."

***red error buzzer***

These were senses to them. Sixth and seventh senses, sure, but senses nonetheless. As soon as he meets someone his senses cannot penetrate, he's LOST. Same with Alice. She cannot 'see' past the werewolves and their 'stench'. Oh, yeah, guys really ENFP right there. Organizing parties and decorating everything like crazy. Loves shopping and fashion. Correcting shitty fashion. Organizing other people's weddings. Always doing shit for other people even when they don't ask. Overbearing, overexuberant. The hostess of parties galore. Sounds really ENFP to me. /end sarcasm

You not relating to characters doesn't affect their type whatsoever.

And Edward. Sure, he's smart, creative, loner, strange, and musical, yay he must be an N. WTF? There are wayyyy smart, observant, creative, great SJs that also think outside the box when need be. I really, really, REALLY don't see the N though. Sure I guess an NT can act all overprotective and stuff with people they love and also feel intensely, but it is not about that.

Sounds like you just don't want him to be N because you don't relate to him. You haven't provided any evidence.

Too much emo.

So he's an F?

At least aleksei agrees.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I haven't produced any evidence. I have produced impressions and asked you to provide evidence.

You haven't provided evidence either, so since you made the initial claim, the burden is on you to prove your point.

I merely pointed out that I do not see where this assertion originates.

In addition, I stated that I am not an expert at either Twilight or MBTI, so I would like to understand where this assertion originates.

Other than attempting to debunk my statement, you didn't really produce anything.

So let's get back on track, and maybe you can show me how you came to your conclusion.

Thanks.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Too much emo.
INTJs are Fi-tertiary and can be unbelievably emo. INTJs are actually the T type most likely to be emotionally charged.

I actually suspect that a lot of purported INFJ Fours are actually INTJs stuck in dom-tert loops. Frankly i don't think INFJ 4 is anywhere close to being as common as it appears -- Enneagram 4 is a deeply Fi-ish type.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Curious: What does an emo INTJ entail, exactly? Honestly, I find it difficult to imagine an emo INTJ, so it would be helpful to know what we are talking about so as to better understand.

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
Bella: ISFJ - One of her major character traits is how much she likes constancy (dom Si). She spends the whole first book longing to go back to Phoenix (to return to what she's used to) and other characters comment on how much she likes stability, how much she hangs on to things, how much she's like Charlie (an ISTJ). She also takes care of both her parents, which seems much more like an IFJ than an IFP. True, she's angsty and romantic and feels like she doesn't fit in, but I've known ISFJs like that, and I also think it's more related to her being a teenager than her type.

Edward: IxTJ - His traditional streak seems SJ, but the way he tries to control Bella (like by taking the engine out of her car) seems like an unhealthy INTJ.

Alice: ESFP - I agree with Little Linguist that she's an S. All of her interests are concrete (fashion, planning parties, fast cars). Which isn't to say an N can't like those things, but I'd also expect to see her show some evidence of abstraction if she were an ENFP, and she doesn't (aside from her power, which doesn't count since, as LL said, she uses it the way a normal person would use their eyes or ears).

Jasper: INTJ (maybe a calculating INFJ?) - Even though he can control people's emotions, he seems driven by logic. He uses fear to control the lawyer in the last book (versus Bella, who as an F approaches the lawyer with kindness). When Bella gets turned into a vampire, he's also the only one who is suspicious of her ability to control herself and isn't concerned with the fact that this hurts her feelings. Maybe I could see ENTP, but he seems like too much of a subdued loner to be one.

Carlisle: ENFJ
Esme: ISFJ
Emmett: ESTP
Rosalie: ESTJ
Renee: ENFP
Charlie: ISTJ

Jacob: ESfP
Sam: ISTJ
Leah: ESTP

Aro (head of the Volturi): ENtP?

Wow, that was a lot of analysis for some very bad books, lol.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
As a political statement can we put this thread in the graveyard?

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As a political statement can we put this thread in the graveyard?

Like a vampire, it would just come back from the dead.

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Edward: IxTJ - His traditional streak seems SJ, but the way he tries to control Bella (like by taking the engine out of her car) seems like an unhealthy INTJ.

That seems more like an unhealthy XSTJ trait to me. I'd imagine a realtionship with an unhealthy INTJ would be marked more by neglect and lack of communication/affection rather than possessiveness and control.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
That seems more like an unhealthy XSTJ trait to me. I'd imagine a realtionship with an unhealthy INTJ would be marked more by neglect and lack of communication/affection rather than possessiveness and control.

Agreed.

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP

Interesting and duly noted! I actually do see Edward as more of an ISTJ than an INTJ, so I am happy to have more evidence for the ISTJ typing. :)

For the record, the reasons why I thought that example pointed to INTJ are:

a) It seemed like he was doing some creative, elaborate scheming when he decided to take out her engine, etc., which I associate more with the xNTJ stereotype than the xSTJ one.

b) From personal experience, my INTJ mom tends to express love by trying to control her loved ones (and it's only when she's mad at someone that she shuts them out and becomes neglectful). But of course that's purely anecdotal evidence.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why would this be the case for one but not the other? INTJs have the same ethical function in the same position as ISTJs. INTJs can actually get very possessive about relationships, because oftentimes they envision an idealized "happily ever after" vision of them, and refuse to let go of it. One particular trait separating INTJ romance from INFJ or INFP romance (that I've observed), for example, is that INTJs don't ever move on after a break-up. They pine after their lost love for years.

redacted

Why would this be the case for one but not the other? INTJs have the same ethical function in the same position as ISTJs. INTJs can actually get very possessive about relationships, because oftentimes they envision an idealized "happily ever after" vision of them, and refuse to let go of it. One particular trait separating INTJ romance from INFJ or INFP romance (that I've observed), for example, is that INTJs don't ever move on after a break-up. They pine after their lost love for years.

Speaking of which, what do you think of Bill from True Blood? INTJ also?