• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Franz Kafka?

S

Sniffles

Has Franz Kafka ever been classifed? I'm willing to guess INFP at this preliminary stage.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The INTPs @ INTPc seem to think INTP.

I think I'd agree with you.

(Yes, it can happen!)

S

Sniffles

The INTPs @ INTPc seem to think INTP.

I think I'd agree with you.

(Yes, it can happen!)
That's quite alright, after all, even a broken clock is correct twice a day. :D

So let's treasure the moment.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I peg him as a INTP on the MBTI, and a 4 on the Enneagram. Kafka has become the standard label I give for all people with that combo.

S

Sniffles

Yes he definately was an Enneagram 4.

Care to elaborate on why INTP? Just curious.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yes he definately was an Enneagram 4.

Care to elaborate on why INTP? Just curious.

The whole style of the conflicts and stuff in his writing seems very Ti.

Do you have any reason for why INFP?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because Kafka and Hemmingway have so much in common? :rolli:

Danielson

MBTI Type
INFJ
They´re both totally unique but share their unusualness.
ISFPs generally make better painters or composers than writers.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Has Franz Kafka ever been classifed? I'm willing to guess INFP at this preliminary stage.

My first guess would have also been INFP. I don't know enough about his life to have much to extrapolate from. But it was that "instant recognition" stuff when I first discovered his writing which is the basis of my guess.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
INFJ or at least by the way he wrote anyway.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i thought infj for kafka, but i could imagine considering infp in the future.

they're not character driven. they're loaded with Ti, but have more color and texture than intp. more shades and hues, more Fe and parental conflict everywhere. they seem more left-brained weirdness, schizy skewed Ni perception, the smothered Fe feeling just gets me. total lack of connection at all times, total lack of understanding, of emotional subjective communication, that horrifying disconnect, that bad dream ominousness. prophetic.

i also think of milan kundera's the art of the novel (a definite infj to my ears!) and how he talks about kafka. it feels patrilinear or something, i can feel the kinship tree growing from the roots. obviously dostoeyevsky too. i also need to know diderot, musil, and gombrowicz.

a really interesting question is the way in which intp, intj, infp, and super introverted NiTi infj types with totally unexpressed extraversion (Fe!) write about alienation, desolation, isolation. intp is the most consistent and shaded but without warmth just bite and style, intj is more unfulfilled and wanting and defiant, infp is lost and dreamlike and so so heavy sad, infj is just suffocating and alone and totally fuckin empty.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
franz is N. hemmingway could never write something as creepy and entertaining as kafka. NT sounds plausible.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I always thought of him as an NT, but he's not wordy enough to be an INTP. Or maybe he is... I don't know. But I get an NT vibe.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
intp is the most consistent and shaded but without warmth just bite and style, intj is more unfulfilled and wanting and defiant, infp is lost and dreamlike and so so heavy sad, infj is just suffocating and alone and totally fuckin empty.

Nice. :huh:

I've been reading his letters recently. I'm leaning more towards INTP now.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As a child, I started reading some of his work and just shook my head....

It might have been a poor translation, but it was like reading something an alien wrote........

Could it be that I could totally not understand a fellow NF? Likely....but I don't know.

I should read one of his books in the original and get back to you. That's the best way to determine something like that....