• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Franz Kafka?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yea I read like 3 books I think and I absorbed them back in the days, cause he got a fundamental new style of writing (which by the time of course met my general attitude towards my life). I even used him for my highschool exams but I dont remember much.

I just remember the sentence: "And as he woke up in the morning, he noticed that he had became a huge insect. As a result of this he climbed the plafond full of joy :D"

He is pretty hard to type tho. Judging from his metaphors I would dare to type him Ne, cause I think there are like 3 universal ways of interpreting his work, bhut noone knows what it really was all about in the end.

Given that lack of obvious meaning I would put him in the Socionics alpha quadra, which could make him entp or isfp.

I have tho, to be honest, not the slightest conviction to type him at all :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^ You'd think that I'd like him being Ne dom and all, but his stuff just made me think, WTF was he on crack????

And before *I* say that, it has to be pretty bad....

Then again, I'm willing to give him another try. Maybe my Te was on overload and I unjustifiably dismissed the poor guy. When I'm in that mood, I don't want to look at BS....

So I'll give him another try and let you know.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yes it is and what's not to like about it ?

I don't know....I think my J-ness was too expressed at the time to appreciate it....

That being said, I opened up random pages (that way of skimming a book at the time) and saw random line sketches and weird statements that made no sense, and I just said. BAH!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No he definitly sounds like on crack.

You have to read about the 3 possible interpretations and then read him again, he gets easier then if you have a focal point.

I once wrote a poem myself inspired by Woyzeck a book that narrates Goethes young Werther new and Kafkas Letter to Dad: (you gonna love it :D)

Offener Brief an eine Heilanstalt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sehr geehrter Herr Oberstudienrat, liebe Lehrer

anlässlich der anstehenden Abiturprüfungen schreibe ich ihnen diesen Brief, damit sie eine weitere Komponente bei der Bewertung meiner Prüfung berücksichtigen können. Doch zunächst möchte ich Ihnen den Verlauf der Geschichte näher legen, damit sie mich, sowie alle Einzelheiten, die zu meiner Annahme eine neue Bewertungskomponente einzubeziehen, führten, gänzlich verstehen können:

Das Ereignis, welches die Komponente bilden wird, die ich bereits erwähnt habe, die der Berücksichtigung bedarf, ereilte mich in der zweiten und somit auch letzten Woche meiner Lernzeit, die sie, lieber Herr Oberstudienrat, großzügig ihren Abiturienten gewähren. Ich war mit meinem Kopf auf meine Unterlagen gesunken und zwischen Goethe und Büchner in Schlaf verfallen, der mich aufgrund der unsäglichen Erschöpfung vergangener Lernabende ereilt hatte. Natürlich ist es auf mein eigenes Verschulden zurückzuführen, dass ich eine solch immense Menge von Nachholbedarf im Stoff habe; ich habe das ausführliche Lernen an vorhergegangenen Tagen zu meinem Bedauern nicht wahrgenommen.

Irgendwann, während meiner weltlichen Abstinenz, entstand auf der Interpretationsgrundlage zu Woyzeck von Karl Vietor eine Rauchwolke aus dem Nichts, begleitet von einem „Flaschen-öffnen“ ähnlichem Plöp. Die Rauchwolke verzog sich langsam und es kam ein 30 Zentimeter großer Miniatur Tabourmajor in voller Rüstung zum Vorschein, der weißlich transparent, herrlich fluoreszierend, auch noch Engelsflügel auf dem Rücken trug. Der blickte etwas verächtlich zu mir hinauf, als sich auf der etwas weiter rechts von ihm liegenden Evolutionstheorie von Charles Darwin ein ähnliches Spektakel abspielte. Ein im tiefen Rot schimmernder kleinst Woyzeck kam diesmal aus der Rauchwolke, der mit gesenktem Haupt den Major begrüßte.

„Woyzeck“, sagte dieser, „nun schau man sich diesen faulen Kasus an. Es stehen Prüfungen und Aufgaben an, die ihn in der staatlichen Ordnung voran bringen könnten, doch er liegt nur da und schlummert ungerecht.“
„Ach Herr Major, mir ist’s leid, sich ewig diesem Gespräch beugen zu müssen.“
„Woyzeck! Ewig ist’s, wenn etwas ewig ist. Er spreche nicht von Dingen, die ihn nichts angehen.“
„Jawohl, Herr Major.“

Der Major tat einen Schritt auf das riesenhafte Buch von Franz Kafka und hing seinen Rock, den er langsam auszog, an die Kante des Buches.

„Nun siehe er da Woyzeck! Dieser prächtige Rock ward mir gegeben, als ich die Franzosen am Rhein bekämpfte. Nicht als ich über meinen Büchern schlief. Mir kommt’s weinen, wenn ich diesen prächtig’n Rock anschau.“
„Herr Major, ist’s nur ein Stück Stoff, das man nicht essen kann.“
„Schweig Woyzeck, er ist nur ein Frisör. Und nun komme er und tut seinen Dienst als Frisör!“
„Nicht heut, Herr Major, ich bin auf Erbsendiät.“
„Dann mach’n wir’s halt anders rum!“

Sie sehen, lieber Herr Oberstudienrat. Der Wille zu Lernen und die Begeisterung waren da. Doch, während alle meine Schulkameraden von ihrem Gewissen geplagt wurden, traf sich mein Gewissen, während einer angesprochenen Schlafperiode und arschfickte.

Untergebenst, ihr dienstbarer Schüler
Geändert von tfa (26.04.2003 um 22:09 Uhr).

wastrd

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I opened up random pages (that way of skimming a book at the time) and saw random line sketches and weird statements that made no sense, and I just said. BAH!

why are you even participating in this thread ?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No he definitly sounds like on crack.

You have to read about the 3 possible interpretations and then read him again, he gets easier then if you have a focal point.

I once wrote a poem myself inspired by Woyzeck a book that narrates Goethes young Werther new and Kafkas Letter to Dad: (you gonna love it :D)

OMG LOL You are awesome, Entropie - have I told you that lately??? That's a great thing!!! :hug:

And as for you Mr Whatever-the-hell-your-name-is (oh, yeah, Wastrd, rhymes with ----, well never mind), I don't have to like or dislike the guy to make a comment. So there.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I never submitted the letter tho, I still think about doin it :D ( I think they can take away your Abitur for like forever afterwards cant they ? ) :D

Purely kafkaesk :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I never submitted the letter tho, I still think about doin it :D ( I think they can take away your Abitur for like forever afterwards cant they ? ) :D

Dude, it would be worth it - that's just - classic!!!!!! :D

See, I would THINK that, but just not WRITE it or SEND it!!! :D (Well not exactly, but kind of)...

wastrd

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
And as for you Mr Whatever-the-hell-your-name-is (oh, yeah, Wastrd, rhymes with ----, well never mind), I don't have to like or dislike the guy to make a comment. So there.

i'll disregard your passive aggressiveness and respond because i'm bored and have nothing better to do at the moment:

true, but you need to have an idea about the subject in order to make a comment or form a judgment, usually.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i'll disregard your passive aggressiveness and respond because i'm bored and have nothing better to do at the moment:

true, but you need to have an idea about the subject in order to make a comment or form a judgment, usually.

*sigh* I have read some of his stuff, of course....

Don't take everything I say so literally.

Since none of us here ever met him or spoke to him, we're all speculating anyway.

Lighten up a bit.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Ent - you should send that letter.
But I guess it's not applicable after so many years...

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
I just started reading him (Die Verwandlung). I thought the sentence where he decides he must be awake because 'the room lay quietly in between its four walls' was Ni. For me it would not actually convince me I was awake.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I just started reading him (Die Verwandlung). I thought the sentence where he decides he must be awake because 'the room lay quietly in between its four walls' was Ni. For me it would not actually convince me I was awake.

Out of satisfaction from his transformation he climbed the roof :D

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think he's a 5w4 or a 4w5. as such intp, infj, and infp are all relatively common occurrences. i get far more Fe than Fi. Ti too (although sometimes Fi can look like Ti, tho doubtful for Kafkas work). Ni or Ne i really don't know.

Fe seems more than a stressor for him like it is an intp. he seems more destroyed by his relationship with his father and feeling like he can't keep out the Fe judgments of others. but i'm sure that's true of most intps that are 4s or have 4 wings and have to dwell on the self and self-integration as a result.