• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anne Hathaway

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Change that by one letter and everyone will agree with you. ;)

D

Dali

E? ISFPs are the most E of the introverts and that might be why you get that impression but she strikes me as being less E than a true ESFP.

Or do you mean another letter?

To add on, I notice in her the (almost) typical ISFP trait of a bit of hesitation (every now and then) when speaking as she tries to find the best way of verbalising her thoughts.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
E? ISFPs are the most E of the introverts and that might be why you get that impression but she strikes me as being less E than a true ESFP.

Or do you mean another letter?

I mean the Most Important Letter.

I don't think she's an ESFP. I'll have to do more research on her to get her type. I enjoy her movies though.

ETA:

Anne Hathaway

She’s prone to being hard on herself, to holding herself to high standards, to fretting. “On the scale of someone who’s really laid-back about stuff and someone who worries a lot,” she notes, “I fall more towards the latter.”

God love the patient, wonderful Garry Marshall.” Marshall, who directed the original and the sequel, jovially says, “She was great in the first picture, when she didn’t know much of anything, but in the second picture, she was an expert. That often happens. She wanted to play something different by then; she didn’t want to keep the tiara on. I remember at a junket,” he adds, laughing, “she was talking Nietzsche and Schopenhauer, and Disney was getting nervous, and I said, ‘Annie, why don’t you talk about your hair a little; we’ll talk Nietzsche later.’ But that’s why I love Annie! When you look in her eyes, somebody’s always home, which is rare.”
And from there…sometimes when I would talk to adults, they would be taken aback by how forward I was. And I was very oblivious to it.” She recalls the moment when that changed. “One day on Rachel Getting Married, Jonathan altered something in the script, and I said, ‘Jonathan! Why did you change this?! It was better the other way and here’s A, B, C, D, E, F, G why!’ And he smiled at me and said, ‘Hey, Annie? Maybe instead of telling me why I’m wrong, you could ask me why I made the choice I made.’” With that response, she says, memories of herself being dismissive or abrasive on sets past came rushing back. “I instantly felt so ashamed,” she says. “I didn’t mean to be disrespectful to people, but that’s exactly what I had done for years.”

But even as she was sometimes overly assertive—though one does get the sense that Hathaway tends to exaggerate her own flaws—she was also racked with insecurity.
During the filming of her breakout movie, 2006’s The Devil Wears Prada, director David Frankel says he was astounded by Hathaway’s seriousness and sensitivity, but he noticed that those traits were also limitations. “Annie throws herself so deeply into things that sometimes you have to pull her back out,” he says. “I remember a big scene we almost couldn’t shoot because Annie had such commitment to identifying with the anxiety of the character that she made herself ill.”

Hathaway is the first to admit that her intensity can be paralyzing. “Emily Blunt kind of changed my approach to acting,” she says of her Prada costar, who has become a close friend. “She just f---ing got on with it. She’d just jump off the diving board. I’d stop, look at the water and then jump. And suddenly I just thought, Why, her way looks so much more fun.”
But the actress, who calls herself an “optimistic fatalist—I assume bad things will happen, but I’m hopeful that maybe they won’t,” cautiously rejects this idea. “I’ve realized,” she says, “that no one is as good at making me feel isolated as I am. It’s something I did in the past.” Fortunately, difficult times have their rewards. “I’ve realized I have a lot of people in my life who, for whatever reason, love me very much. So I don’t think I’ll do that again.”

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?

Didja mean N? LOL.

I thought xSFx. But I need to watch the interview, I'm just going on my recollections of a past interview.

Edit: Yeah, I'll keep that, but I could be totally wrong.

MBTI Type
ENTP

yeah ESFJ seems the most accurate of all the guesses so far, but I'm not sure whether she was just giving that spiel on literature and college because she thought that's what she was supposed to say or because she genuinely wants that career path.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
yeah ESFJ seems the most accurate of all the guesses so far, but I'm not sure whether she was just giving that spiel on literature and college because she thought that's what she was supposed to say or because she genuinely wants that career path.

Yeah, I was wondering that too...

ESFJ would be believable. She seems adept at handling social situations - at being collected and charming.

D

Dali

Protean, no way she's N but going by some of those quotes you posted* and other interviews on Youtube, I'm starting to agree with the guys who've said ESFJ.

*e.g. She’s prone to being hard on herself, to holding herself to high standards, to fretting. “On the scale of someone who’s really laid-back about stuff and someone who worries a lot,” she notes, “I fall more towards the latter.”

Thanks for the prompt responses, guys!

Lightyear

She is lovely in the David Letterman interview, sometimes she seems so cheerful that it almost seems fake but she is so lovely that I don't care.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ESFJ I think.

She has that kind of simple and clear and present "sensor" look in the eyes.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
xSFJ almost certainly. I don't care enough about her to investigate further.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
She is lovely in the David Letterman interview, sometimes she seems so cheerful that it almost seems fake but she is so lovely that I don't care.

:wubbie: agreed

ESFJ I think.

She has that kind of simple and clear and present "sensor" look in the eyes.

Yeah, agree. I get SFJ from her, and I'd say E.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All wrong. ISFJ.