• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Persona 5 Characters MBTI Types Post

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Persona 5 Myers-Briggs MBTI Characters Post

I just posted this on the mbti reddit and thought it would be great to also post it here to this audience, so here goes lol. Tell me what you think down below.

Here's my take and opinion on the MBTI types of the main cast and popular Persona 5 characters right now that everyone's played or playing nowadays and loving the game. And my opinion on what there types really are and what I strongly disagree with from other Persona 5 MBTI Posts I've seen online and on the internet, along with things I do agree on that I've seen people type the characters as too, enjoy.

Joker - INTP, I can't believe the types I've seen people type this man through the years. ENTP, ENFP?? What?? I respect peoples different opinions but seriously guys? Joker is introverted, calm, level headed and too himself, he seems curious, loves new ideas and scatter-brained and analytical and loves to question things and go against the norm kind of guy even though he's silent most the time. INTP was the first typing that came to mind when I saw him and I still stand by it, he's logical and unemotional and analytical and calm and introverted and loves to brainstorm in his mind and is curious about the world around him with his Ne. He likes to deduce the truth and facts with his Ti and mulls over accuracy and questions everything he hears with Morgana and likes to put his hand under his chin and brainstorm the accuracy of everything with his Ti and brainstorm with his Ne on all the possibilities and new ideas on what's going on with something whether its serious or even fun or normal thing. Ti and Ne, INTP is the perfect typing for Joker. Just because he's called Joker does not mean he's ENTP guys like the actually Joker is, its just his name thats all. Joker is a INTP in this game of Persona 5.

Ann Takamaki - ENFP, I've seen people confused on her for awhile now and she gets mistyped ESFJ a lot as usual since ENFPs and ESFJs get mixed up a lot like Starfire from Teen Titans cartoon, another ENFP girl. Ann Takamaki is idealistic, airheaded, sensitive and very insecure as a NF and in a Fi user way, energetic, tomboyish and laid back, spontaneous and easygoing, happy-go-lucky, and fun, lives by her inner values with her Fi and cares about efficiency at times with her Te, and is curious and is always brainstorming in her mind on what she should do with her Ne and is indecisive and second guesses things sometimes a lot and focuses a lot on the past with her inferior Si as well. Ann reflects on her own inner values all the time with her aux Fi and is a very empathetic person as a Fi user and uses her Fi to want to help people and relate to them the best she can, yes Fe users aren't the only people who love to help people and others too, Fi users care ALOT about helping others as well even more so than Fe users in some cases actually.

She loves new ideas and is very easygoing and open minded with her dom Ne and holds onto details with her Si but struggles with them all the time too. The wiki describes her as airheaded and dumb sometimes and misses things but intelligent with her perception and strong intuition and reading people's character well with her Ne and Fi. Read about it here down below, Ann Takamaki is too scatterbrained, airheaded, very future oriented with her Ne, struggles with certain topics and some academics, too idealistic, and overly insecure in a NF way even if anyone can be insecure of course, and relies too much on her intuition to read people's character in the story to be an ESFJ and she wants to help people with her Fi rather and reflects on her Fi inner values and hardly uses Fe much at all. She's good at intuitively reading others and situations easily with her Ne intuition and can sometimes focus on details with her inferior Si even if she overall struggles with it and is overall bad at details, school, and airheaded as a Ne dom girl and ENFP and is very scatterbrained with her head in the clouds most the time as we see in the game and the wiki says down below. Ann Takamaki is not even close to being an ESFJ in my opinion but I can see the confusion since I thought she would be a Fe user at first and instead uses a ton of Fi instead as a ENFP character and person. I'll make a post on her individually in the future.

Read her Personality section here to see further why Ann Takamaki is ENFP and it'll all make sense:

Ann Takamaki | Megami Tensei Wiki | Fandom

Ryuji - ESFP, I can't wait to write about this one. Ryuji is energetic, speaks his mind, loud, confident, doesn't hold back when he speaks or feels something, focuses on details in the moment and reacts to them completely with full attention with his Se and is very spontaneous, lives strongly by his inner values with his Aux Fi, to a very large extent but not so much that his Fi is dom or anything, is very impulsive and makes mistakes a lot, cares about efficiency with his Te even if he's not very organized and so on. I love Ryuji like most people in general, he lives in the moment and reacts strongly to things and has a strong moral code as we saw in the Kamashida arc and throughout the game as well, his character really won me over in the game and he's a excellent character. He reminds me of Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho who is just like him and he's ESFP and there both street tough kind of kids with with a strong moral heart and live by their emotions and heart again. Ryuji's great and a great character, he struggles with planning and looking behind the scenes more with his inferior Ni and has to work on it and planning ahead and staying focused and all that since he's not very future oriented person at all.

Morgana - ENTJ, bossy, confident, commanding, perceptive and intuitive, he's always caring about efficiency and giving orders to Joker but is also very perceptive and intuitive and is always reading between the lines all the time with his Ni. It's Morgana, we know him and love him even if he can be a real pain sometimes and controlling, haha. But overall he's very accepting and reasonable too and loves logic and staying on task and thinks about the future a lot and what's going on behind the scenes.

Makoto - ISTJ, Yep, another confused a lot by people I've seen nowadays with her. Makoto is a Si dom and here's why. She's extremely safe, secure, detail oriented, organized and focuses on the pastall with her dom Si as a ISTJ. She's that kind of classy girl who wants everyone to follow the rules and guidelines and not deviate from them and so on. She's very logical and unemotional and cares for efficiency and staying on task with her aux Te. Of course she does have her emotional moments too and we see her tertiary Fi come out in different places in the story, she lives by her inner values a lot and has a decent grip on them in the story even if she struggles with them sometimes like Ann Takamaki as a ENFP for her that uses her higher Fi a bit more and can understand them a bit better as a ENFP high Fi character. Makoto struggles with new possibilities, the new way of doing things past traditions and rules and hates risk at all costs as she's always worried about all the possible things that could go wrong in a scenario, inferior Ne in a ISTJ coming out. She's strict, calm, introverted, logical, down to earth and level headed and relies on her senses more and what's happened before in the past and what works to her in her mind and tried and true methods and rules and structure. She's very mature and focused person and compares and contrasts things and details all the time with her Si, she's again very calm person and level headed and prefers to be to herself and take life at her own paces following the rules and order and expects others to do the same in life and values security above all else not taking too risks, at least risk that seem like they could fail and get them in a lot of trouble and be very dangerous for them, she's a very precautious and safe person and focuses on the past and whats worked before on her security of mind and always plays things safe in a Si way versus a Ni way if that makes any sense. ISTJ is the perfect typing for Makoto and I hope more people see that now.

Yusuke - ISFP, Haha so this guy confused me for years but I think it I got it now after seeing people type him this and yeah it makes sense to me even if its a bit stereotypical with the whole ISFP artist label thing going on her haha. At one point I thought Yusuke was ISTJ too but nah I think it doesn't make as sense as Makoto and ISFP fits better for him. Yusuke is individualistic and lives by his inner artistic values to a strong degree in the game. He lives and enjoys the moments and is all about details and putting them together in painting or art, he's a natural artist and is very calm, emotional, and level headed person. He can sometimes be quite perceptive with his ter Ni and struggles with efficiency a bit with his Te inferior as a ISFP. He's an interesting character and a really cool one lol, but yeah ISFP fits perfect for him and the whole artist stereotype her honestly here, so yeah I buy it, Yusuke is a ISFP for sure. I'll talk more about him later like the other characters.

Futaba - INTP, I feel like this is one of the most obvious INTP typings ever out there. I haven't seen anyone mistype her ever online and its so obvious that I feel like there's no point in writing anything here haha but I guess I'll just do it anyway for the posts sake. Futaba is logical and scientific and loves programming and games, shes introverted and to herself a lot in her room, she hates the outside world in general at first and has her whole arc with that and her family issues as we saw. She's scatter-brained and airheaded with her Ne like Ann Takamaki as both Ne users again and she's very curious and always asking questions and analyzing and brainstorming new ideas with her Ne as a INTP girl and character in the game. She's very logical with her dominant Ti and questions the truth with her logic and wonders accuracy with everything she does with her Ti and loves to figure out how things work as a Ti dom user and INTP girl. She holds onto the past a lot with her ter Si and struggles with emotions with her lower inferior Fe and is awkward like most INTPs and not the best at reading people and a room and is just emotionally awkward in general in public and struggles to get around and socialize if she can and just prefers not to do it at all if possible. She slowly breaks out of her shell in the game and becomes a slightly better people person and becomes pretty good at socializing in her own way actually with her Fe once she overcomes her insecurities and problems and so on in her arc. She's cool and logical girl and very scientific and analytical and loves programming and videos games etc. She's a tomboy and is very easygoing and spontaneous person, she's not very strict at all and is open minded to many new things and many possibilities and scatter-brained and likes to have fun all with her aux Ti. She's a great INTP girl character and and very smart and helps the team alot with her skills and yeah I think I hit home why she's a excellent INTP character here in the game of Persona 5.

Haru - ISFJ/INFP, so for this one I don't know just yet since I'm literally on her arc right now in the game and just getting to know her more now. But from what I've seen of her in the game she seems to be ISFJ or INFP but I'm not too sure just yet until I see more of her to decide which one she fits better. I know for a fact she's a introvert though as she's very calm with her demeanor and level headed and seems like the classic quiet sweet girl, she's definitely not ESFJ again people haha in my opinion. I feel like people don't know what ESFJ girls or characters actually act like sometimes hence these confusions always happening. Some examples of actual ESFJ female characters in my opinion are Sakura Haruno from Naruto, Nami from One Piece, Katara from Avatar the Last Airbender. Haru here is probably ISFJ if she's an SFJ girl character at all as I'll see to confirm as I play the game and Ann Takamaki is definitely ENFP like most people say and is not ESFJ at all like I explained like some people think above. I also type girl characters like Usagi Sailor Moon and Ochaco Uraraka ENFP as well as another reference there. But anyways back on topic I don't have much to say to justify Haru yet until I actually keep playing the game a finish her arc her to justify and make sure on her. But yeah that's what I think so far though.

Kamashida - ESFJ, just as a quick bonus here I'll post Kamashida briefly and how he's a Fe dom and ESFJ. He reads peoples emotional state pretty well in a Fe way versus Fi way and focuses on the group and is very talkative, group oriented, even though we found out he was really a terrible person his initial persona was that he was a good role model and very responsible persona and sociable and friendly helpful kind of guy, he has that classic ESFJ Fe image going on there and everyman smile going on. Just a guy you would go to for help and he'd probably fix all your problems and give you advice about everything and be super involved etc and so on and always focuses on the group and peoples emotional state and so on. Obviously beneath the surface he's a extremely shtty guy and a terrible person and human being and really showed me how awful he is this game and how good the story telling on this game to be which made me and everyone else fall in love with it and more when we played the game. But yeah he's Kamashida, his image was he was very helpful and supportive, energetic, bossy, good role model image, safe and secure, organized and a people thought he was a good teacher initially but he wasn't and so on, focuses and relies on the past and tradition and rules and tries to keep the class and students in check and follow orders and guidelines with his Si. Classic teacher stereotype here and overly friendly with his dom Fe that you couldn't help but think he was suspicious so they did a great job with that and his foreshadowing there of being a really awful person after all. So yeah thats a quick post on why Kamashida is a ESFJ villain in the story and game, I'll do more posts on the other characters and villains too in the future as well so look out for that. Haha I just realized, in my opinion this is what a ESFJ looks like btw in terms of a ESFJ villain anyway, not Ann Takamaki or anything who in which Ann is a ENFP actually and so on like I said and argued with my points above. Again he's a villain though so for some good hearted and kind ESFJ male characters in anime I'll mention here in comparison are ESFJs like Leorio from Hunter x Hunter and Rock Lee is ESFJ from Naruto as well. Those are actual ESFJ characters in my opinion to help compare the difference ENFPs vs ESFJs for people, hope that helped and again its my opinion but thats my logic there and explaining a bit more to help people understand my mindset is all. Tell me what you think of my points down below again.

This has been my Persona 5 typings list so far a I hope you enjoyed it. Tell me what you think down below on what you agree or disagree on and why, I'm interested in what people say on this and what people think of course and welcome different opinions even if we disagree. Thanks for reading and all the support as always.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Here's a update on more Persona 5 characters and additions and revisions since I finished the game:

Yusuke - ISFP, Haha so this guy confused me for years but I think it I got it now after seeing people type him this and yeah it makes sense to me even if its a bit stereotypical with the whole ISFP artist label thing going on her haha. At one point I thought Yusuke was ISTJ too but nah I think it doesn't make as sense as Makoto and ISFP fits better for him. Yusuke is individualistic and lives by his inner artistic values to a strong degree in the game. He lives and enjoys the moments and is all about details and putting them together in painting or art, he's a natural artist and is very calm, emotional, and level headed person. He can sometimes be quite perceptive with his ter Ni and struggles with efficiency a bit with his Te inferior as a ISFP. He's an interesting character and a really cool one lol, but yeah ISFP fits perfect for him and the whole artist stereotype her honestly here, so yeah I buy it, Yusuke is a ISFP for sure. I'll talk more about him later like the other characters. Edit, now I know Yusuke is ISFP for sure, he cares for his inner values and lives in the momnent noticing details with his art all the time and uses Se all the time as a Se aux user. But mostly though he's using Fi all the time with him caring about his inner values so much and his heart towards art and feelings on things. Yusuke is a classic ISFP.

Futaba - INTP, I feel like this is one of the most obvious INTP typings ever out there. I haven't seen anyone mistype her ever online and its so obvious that I feel like there's no point in writing anything here haha but I guess I'll just do it anyway for the posts sake. Futaba is logical and scientific and loves programming and games, shes introverted and to herself a lot in her room, she hates the outside world in general at first and has her whole arc with that and her family issues as we saw. She's scatter-brained and airheaded with her Ne like Ann Takamaki as both Ne users again and she's very curious and always asking questions and analyzing and brainstorming new ideas with her Ne as a INTP girl and character in the game. She's very logical with her dominant Ti and questions the truth with her logic and wonders accuracy with everything she does with her Ti and loves to figure out how things work as a Ti dom user and INTP girl. She holds onto the past a lot with her ter Si and struggles with emotions with her lower inferior Fe and is awkward like most INTPs and not the best at reading people and a room and is just emotionally awkward in general in public and struggles to get around and socialize if she can and just prefers not to do it at all if possible. She slowly breaks out of her shell in the game and becomes a slightly better people person and becomes pretty good at socializing in her own way actually with her Fe once she overcomes her insecurities and problems and so on in her arc. She's cool and logical girl and very scientific and analytical and loves programming and videos games etc. She's a tomboy and is very easygoing and spontaneous person, she's not very strict at all and is open minded to many new things and many possibilities and scatter-brained and likes to have fun all with her aux Ti. She's a great INTP girl character and and very smart and helps the team alot with her skills and yeah I think I hit home why she's a excellent INTP character here in the game of Persona 5.

Haru - ISFJ, I'm gonna edit this one now and finally say that Haru is a ISFJ confidently now in my mind. Haru is calm and level headed, she cares alot about duty, rules, security, and responsibility with her dom Si. She focuses a lot on having a piece of mind with her Si and focusing on safety and security a lot as a Si dom and hates taking scary risks and fears when things can mess up and affect others, explaining a bit of her Fe there too as a ISFJ. She focuses on the emotional state of others a lot with her Fe and the group and their feelings and needs, and she cares about society values and etiquette and is a very mannerly sweet girl. She's very nurturing and provided the entire theme park of the inspired Disneyland in Persona 5 all to her new Phantom Thieves friends, she was very pleased that they were happy with her Fe and she was looking forward to it there response to everything with her focus to that. She edged them on to get back to work and thanking them for helping her with the flowers on the rooftops. And she held onto the past a lot with her father and their story and she remembered lessons he taught her when she was young and growing up with him through her life. She's a very calm and quiet sweet girl and very nurturing person and giving and sweet and caring, ISFJ is the perfect typing for Haru and I know that now, she's not a INFP at all and is definitely a ISFJ in my opinion.

Kamashida - ESFJ, just as a quick bonus here I'll post Kamashida briefly and how he's a Fe dom and ESFJ. He reads peoples emotional state pretty well in a Fe way versus Fi way and focuses on the group and is very talkative, group oriented, even though we found out he was really a terrible person his initial persona was that he was a good role model and very responsible persona and sociable and friendly helpful kind of guy, he has that classic ESFJ Fe image going on there and everyman smile going on. Just a guy you would go to for help and he'd probably fix all your problems and give you advice about everything and be super involved etc and so on and always focuses on the group and peoples emotional state and so on. Obviously beneath the surface he's a extremely shtty guy and a terrible person and human being and really showed me how awful he is this game and how good the story telling on this game to be which made me and everyone else fall in love with it and more when we played the game. But yeah he's Kamashida, his image was he was very helpful and supportive, energetic, bossy, good role model image, safe and secure, organized and a people thought he was a good teacher initially but he wasn't and so on, focuses and relies on the past and tradition and rules and tries to keep the class and students in check and follow orders and guidelines with his Si. Classic teacher stereotype here and overly friendly with his dom Fe that you couldn't help but think he was suspicious so they did a great job with that and his foreshadowing there of being a really awful person after all. So yeah thats a quick post on why Kamashida is a ESFJ villain in the story and game, I'll do more posts on the other characters and villains too in the future as well so look out for that. Haha I just realized, in my opinion this is what a ESFJ looks like btw in terms of a ESFJ villain anyway, not Ann Takamaki or anything who in which Ann is a ENFP actually and so on like I said and argued with my points above. Again he's a villain though so for some good hearted and kind ESFJ male characters in anime I'll mention here in comparison are ESFJs like Leorio from Hunter x Hunter and Rock Lee is ESFJ from Naruto as well. Those are actual ESFJ characters in my opinion to help compare the difference ENFPs vs ESFJs for people, hope that helped and again its my opinion but thats my logic there and explaining a bit more to help people understand my mindset is all. Tell me what you think of my points down below again.

I have more to add to this list now:

Aketchi - INTJ, Aketchi is basically Light Yagami. He's calm, logical, planning all the time, alway reading between the lines, blunt, logical, unemotional, harsh, cold and cares about efficiency a ton and getting tasks done and not wasting time. He has strong Fi values as a Fi tertiary user, he hates living in the moment but is able to when he needs to with his Se inferior. He uses his Ni all the time and is constantly plotting and is always a million steps ahead of the rest, something Makoto comments on as a strength of his that shes jealous. Aketchi is very intuitive and understands things quickly all the time, he sees patterns and cares about concepts and grasps them easily. Aketchi is such a obvious INTJ it hurts so I feel like its a waste of time to prove it more, I think most people see this in him, his Ni and Te is through the roof in the entire game and I'm ashamed of myself of not seeing it earlier. Aketchi is a INTJ GOAT and one of the best characters out there and anti heroes out there.

Sojiro - ISTJ, Si dom driven by rules and duty, cares or efficiency and getting tasks done logically, very blunt and logical person, unemotional and tough minded person and mean spirited at first, hes a great guy deep down but can be a bit uptight and rule oriented and obsessed with the past a lot sometimes. Has Fi inner values like never putting a man's number in his phone and is curious with his Ne and suspects when things are going on, but overall struggles with new experienes and would rather abide by his rules unless he's able to look past his rules like with struggling with at first with letting Morgana stay and so on. Here's my Sojiro ISTJ post in depth if you want to read it.

Sae - ISTJ, Again Si dom and duty driven and obsessed with rules and order and very stubborn and stern woman. Cares about efficiency and is very blunt and assertive woman. I saw someone mistype her ESTJ in my opinion and I can see why, I disagree though and think Sae is definitely ISTJ still and just is a really assertive one and stuck in her Si ways and ways of thinking and wants to see everything she does through the end with her Si duty driving her and Te aux efficiency too, along with her Fi tertiary values too, she struggles more with Ne than Fi in my opinion and is pretty much like Makoto in every way and is a very calm quiet person too, the only difference is she's a bit more assertive than Makoto even if there both assertive girl and confident and logical woman. And there both obsessive as well with the things they care about to the point they lose sight of other things and struggle with new things and possibilities.

Here's my Sojiro post:

Sojiro Sakura [ISTJ] The Stern Old Man Who Just Can'''t Catch a Break - Persona 5 MBTI : Persona5

Mishima - ISFJ, driven by duty and rules, caring and feels others emotions and the groups feelings outside of him. Wants to prove himself to others and wants society as a whole to accept him and cares about public perception to a large extent and is overly nice and giving to others. Cares a lot about appreciated with his aux Fe and past experiences and duty mean a lot to him primarily as a Si dom and ISFJ. Sees logical details with his Ti and finds lots of information with his Ti too and cares for accuracy, struggles to seee new perspectives outside his own as a Ne inferior but still likes new ideas and possibilities at times as well. Mishima is very calm and shy and quiet person as people know as well.

Sumire - INFP, Calm, shy, sensitive, follows her inner values strongly, curious and brainstorms multiple possibilities all the time and is indecisive and second guesses herself a lot with her aux Ne. Holds onto the past to a very large degree with her tertiary Si and compares and contrasts herself to Kasumi way too much with her Si, struggles to be efficient and confident as a Te inferior user but at times gets a flash of confidence and very driven in short bursts in her life. But overall her Fi sensitviity and inner vallues holds her back to accepting what happened to Kasumi isnt her fault and she should stop blaming herself for it so much and being in her emotions so much about it and things. Sumire is a classic INFP and is a very quiet meek girl overall, I suspect Kasumi was a ENFP in comparison to her.

This has been my Persona 5 typings list so far a I hope you enjoyed it. Tell me what you think down below on what you agree or disagree on and why, I'm interested in what people say on this and what people think of course and welcome different opinions even if we disagree. Thanks for reading and all the support as always.