• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type That Culture!

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
ORLY?

But Hawaiian culture seems to be more about enjoying the present than growth.

Like it totally seems F to me but NF seems to be more about growth and change and stuff like that...I'm not really gettin that type of vibe.

Why do you say NF?

im not sure why u say nf is defined by growth and change?

just the vibe i get there from native hawaiians... seems pretty nf to me.

and from the hawaiian's perspectives, how do u know they didn't go thru their own growth and change???

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I get ESTJ when I look down vertically but ESTP when I look across horizontally. I'd go with EST_.

Yeah I think the archetypal American J and super-achiever is less representative of the populous than people might think, especially to people outside of the US.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
im not sure why u say nf is defined by growth and change?

just the vibe i get there from native hawaiians... seems pretty nf to me.

and from the hawaiian's perspectives, how do u know they didn't go thru their own growth and change???

Oh iono. I don't claim to be an expert on type or Hawaiian culture.

I didn't mean that only NFs go through change...prolly should have worded it better...I mean that IME NFs tend to focus more on changing things for the better while SFs seem to be more about enjoying things just as they are.

NF idealism.

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
Wha? Vertical? Horizontal?

Heheh, I tend to think "spacially". I guess what I mean is that from perspective of politics, the corporate world, business world, etc. -- the government and hierarchies, I see ESTJ. But regarding everyday culture, popular culture, etc., fashion trends, sports, other trends... so on, I see ESTP, or maybe ES_P generally.

Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining my thoughts. :doh:

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Heheh, I tend to think "spacially". I guess what I mean is that from perspective of politics, the corporate world, business world, etc. -- the government and hierarchies, I see ESTJ. But regarding everyday culture, popular culture, etc., fashion trends, sports, other trends... so on, I see ESTP, or maybe ES_P generally.

Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining my thoughts. :doh:

Oh nah that was perfect...I get what you mean now. :)

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Oh iono. I don't claim to be an expert on type or Hawaiian culture.

I didn't mean that only NFs go through change...prolly should have worded it better...I mean that IME NFs tend to focus more on changing things for the better while SFs seem to be more about enjoying things just as they are.

NF idealism.

i'm not sure i agree with your assumption... whats "better" from the hawaiian's perspective?

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i'm not sure i agree with your assumption... whats "better" from the hawaiian's perspective?

I don't know what's better from their perspective.

I know that there seems to be a foucus on enjoyment and peace and relaxation and taking time to smell the roses and compassion.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I tend to think of it as compared to other cultures around the world... I'd say the US is ESfP.

And the rampant speculation begins:
Britain: IStJ
Brazil: EsFP

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know. It's a culture so it's not really typable...all we can do is guess there's no definite right or wrong.

In any case Hawaiian culture pwns. It's the shit. Seriously.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
In any case Hawaiian culture pwns. It's the shit. Seriously.

yeah, i totally fell in love with hawaii. but when i went to maui, parts of maui sure didn't feel like hawaii anymore... -_-

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Aren't there a high number of Hawaiian racists? I've heard this a couple times, I'm not sure.

No, i doubt that. if anything, seems like some defensiveness against people with an anti-spiritual hate fueled attitude...

i mean, u find that sort of defensiveness just about about anywhere i'd imagine...