• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cobra Kai

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just caught up on the series. Quite enjoyed it. Didn't see a thread for the characters' typology so figured I might as well make one, though I did look at what they had on The Personality Database.

Here are my guesses.

Johnny Lawrence: ISTP 8w9 6w7 3w4 sx/sp
I think MBTI is pretty clear and can't really see anything other than this tritype although I'm not convinced of the order.

Daniel LaRusso: ENFP 7w6 9w8 2w3 so/sp
Saw him typed as ESFP and ExFJ. I think the way he deals with things is pretty Fi though.

Miguel Diaz: ISFJ 6w7 9w8 2w3
He seems really 6. Less sure about MBTI although he's probably an introvert. I see him typed as INFP, IDK.

Sam LaRusso: ESFJ 2w3 9w1 6w7
She's sort of bland to me. I guess this works.

Amanda LaRusso: ENTJ 6w5 1w2 3w4
She has some pretty hardcore Te, so I would say ENTJ over ESFP. I can see any of those above types as her enneagram core...

Robby Keene: ISTP 6w5 9w8 4w5
Not really sure why he is being typed as INFJ, he does not seem Inferior Se at all to me. Had him as an 8 fix at first, but while he's very reactive he also has a tendency to withdraw, so double-reactive double-withdrawn makes sense to me.

Hawk: ESFP 8w7 6w7 4w3
His character changed a lot. Hard to tell if he was a repressed extravert in the past, or if he is an introvert trying way too hard to be an extravert. I'll go with repressed extravert. Definitely the most reactive character in the series.

Tory: ESTP 8w7
I think dom-Se is clear. Could see 7 or 8. She's impulsive AF. Don't think she's fleshed enough for a whole tritype guess as there's really no solid heart fixation there, but certainly not 2.

Aisha: ISFP 8w7
I actually have no idea how to type her. ISFP 5w4 like Personality Database suggests seems kind of off. I'll sheep ISFP, but I don't see all that much 5 but I guess she wouldn't have much of a chance to show it in a show like this...

Kreese: ESTJ 8w9 3w4 6w5

Demetri: INTP 6w5

Moon: ENFJ 792

Kyler: ESTP 738

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Just caught up on the series. Quite enjoyed it. Didn't see a thread for the characters' typology so figured I might as well make one, though I did look at what they had on The Personality Database.

Here are my guesses.

Johnny Lawrence: ISTP 8w9 6w7 3w4 sx/sp
I think MBTI is pretty clear and can't really see anything other than this tritype although I'm not convinced of the order.

Saw him typed as ESFP and ExFJ. I think the way he deals with things is pretty Fi though.

Miguel Diaz: ISFJ 6w7 9w8 2w3
He seems really 6. Less sure about MBTI although he's probably an introvert. I see him typed as INFP, IDK.

Sam LaRusso: ESFJ 2w3 9w1 6w7
She's sort of bland to me. I guess this works.

Amanda LaRusso: ENTJ 6w5 1w2 3w4
She has some pretty hardcore Te, so I would say ENTJ over ESFP. I can see any of those above types as her enneagram core...

Robby Keene: ISTP 6w5 9w8 4w5
Not really sure why he is being typed as INFJ, he does not seem Inferior Se at all to me. Had him as an 8 fix at first, but while he's very reactive he also has a tendency to withdraw, so double-reactive double-withdrawn makes sense to me.

Hawk: ESFP 8w7 6w7 4w3
His character changed a lot. Hard to tell if he was a repressed extravert in the past, or if he is an introvert trying way too hard to be an extravert. I'll go with repressed extravert. Definitely the most reactive character in the series.

Tory: ESTP 8w7
I think dom-Se is clear. Could see 7 or 8. She's impulsive AF. Don't think she's fleshed enough for a whole tritype guess as there's really no solid heart fixation there, but certainly not 2.

Aisha: ISFP 8w7
I actually have no idea how to type her. ISFP 5w4 like Personality Database suggests seems kind of off. I'll sheep ISFP, but I don't see all that much 5 but I guess she wouldn't have much of a chance to show it in a show like this...

Kreese: ESTJ 8w9 3w4 6w5

Demetri: INTP 6w5

Moon: ENFJ 792

Kyler: ESTP 738

What show is this? And don't trust the database, its pretty bad and inaccurate, full of mean people. But I can understand the curiosity there to check though feeling.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What show is this? And don't trust the database, its pretty bad and inaccurate, full of mean people. But I can understand the curiosity there to check though feeling.

It's a spin-off show of that popular Karate Kid movie series from the 80s and 90s, set place in modern times with many of the same characters.

And yeah, I know the database sucks. I can clearly see that from their comments and votes on a lot of characters' types. For now, it was a good starting point for comparison though.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just started watching the show (on episode 6 atm). Johnny was definitely an ESTP 8w7 in the original Karate Kid movie, so his shift towards being an ISTP 8w9 was...interesting to say the least. He's definitely an 8 who's disintegrated to 5, that's for sure.

Daniel LaRusso is definitely an ExFP. The way he took offense at his use of karate being perceived as a gimmick seems very aux-Fi to me. I'll give you better analyses when I've progressed in the show more.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here's a general discussion I started on the series before anyone seemed to know about it (not trying to gatekeep, I'm thrilled it's found a bigger audience which guarantees more seasons). In case anyone's interested. Not type related though:

Just a warning, I didn't spoil anything in that first post, and it's now too late to go back and add spoiler tags. In case a friendly mod wants to add them cough cough [MENTION=30038]The Cat[/MENTION]

https://www.typologycentral.com/for...universe-post3229082.html?105869=#post3229082

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OP's typings seem mostly good, will have to rewatch. Definitely hit the nail on the head for Daniel and Johnny

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just started watching the show (on episode 6 atm). Johnny was definitely an ESTP 8w7 in the original Karate Kid movie, so his shift towards being an ISTP 8w9 was...interesting to say the least. He's definitely an 8 who's disintegrated to 5, that's for sure.

Daniel LaRusso is definitely an ExFP. The way he took offense at his use of karate being perceived as a gimmick seems very aux-Fi to me. I'll give you better analyses when I've progressed in the show more.

OP's typings seem mostly good, will have to rewatch. Definitely hit the nail on the head for Daniel and Johnny

Yeah, those two are the most developed for sure...

I do agree that Johnny seemed way more ESTP in the original and has clearly been an 8 in both series although the 9 wing would be stronger now. I'm confident in his tritype, just don't know if he is more 6 or 3 but I don't think that matters as much.

I can't really tell if Daniel is a Se or Ne dom though the way he takes offense at things is very aux Fi, I agree. I am not convinced he is Se even though he prefers sensory activities like karate. He seemed fairly Ne in the original series and has some traits of it although I don't want to go into detail right now since I'm at work, so I went with ENFP.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, those two are the most developed for sure...

I do agree that Johnny seemed way more ESTP in the original and has clearly been an 8 in both series although the 9 wing would be stronger now. I'm confident in his tritype, just don't know if he is more 6 or 3 but I don't think that matters as much.

I can't really tell if Daniel is a Se or Ne dom though the way he takes offense at things is very aux Fi, I agree. I am not convinced he is Se even though he prefers sensory activities like karate. He seemed fairly Ne in the original series and has some traits of it although I don't want to go into detail right now since I'm at work, so I went with ENFP.

I don't want to turn this into a bash ExFP post but I am gonna do that. Not really to bash, just to say how much he reminds me of aux Fi users I've known. Especially ESFPs--very bouncy and high energy like Daniel but also sometimes taking things way too personally (which I can also identify with on some level). Not to say ENFPs don't also have that "bounce" about their personality, it just seems slightly more recognizable in ESFPs.

I wouldn't rule out an ESTP typing for Johnny, sometimes they can have a calmness in adult years that might present as being reserved or introverted. There's also something about an ESTP 8w9 that I think presents differently than an ESTP 7 or some other combo. I do think there's a lot of Fe there somewhere, just can't pinpoint it exactly. But I wonder if a lot of the misunderstandings between Johnny and Daniel just result from a clash of Fi and Fe.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Here's a general discussion I started on the series before anyone seemed to know about it (not trying to gatekeep, I'm thrilled it's found a bigger audience which guarantees more seasons). In case anyone's interested. Not type related though:

Just a warning, I didn't spoil anything in that first post, and it's now too late to go back and add spoiler tags. In case a friendly mod wants to add them cough cough [MENTION=30038]The Cat[/MENTION]

https://www.typologycentral.com/for...universe-post3229082.html?105869=#post3229082

*Slides a treasured object of yours slowly off the table.* I did that thing for you...

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Not sure at all about MBTI, but this is the best show I've seen since Stranger Things Season 1, and is absolutely the sequel the karate kid deserves.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=40834]MovinOut[/MENTION] I finished the show! So excited for Season 3 (whenever it comes out).

Daniel Larusso: ESFP 7w6 > 9w8 > 3w2 so/sp (largely unchanged from the original movie; though I could see ENFP, he seems to be more action-oriented, albeit more subdued with age)

Johnny Lawrence: ISTP 8w9 > 6w5 > 3w4 sx/sp

Sam: ESFJ 6w7 > 9w1 > 2w3 sp/so

Miguel: ISFJ 6w7 > 2w3 > 9w8 so/sp

Hawk: ESFP 8w7 > 4w3 > 6w7 sx/so

Robby: ISTP 9w8 > 6w5 > 4w5 sp/sx

Amanda: ENTJ 3w4 > 1w2 > 6w5 so/sp

Aisha: ISFP 6w5 > 9w8 > 4w3 sx/so (Her natural personality outside of Cobra Kai is more withdrawn and laid-back, but I feel like her motivation for joining Cobra Kai was becoming tough and intimidating as a means of security for herself. Hence, I say 6 and not 8; not sure about her IV)

Demetri: INTP 6w5 > 9w1 > 3w4 sp/so (good God, INTP 6w5 to the bone)

Kreese: ESTJ 8w7 > 3w4 > 6w5 so/sp

Tory: ESTP 8w7 > 7w8 > 3w4 sp/sx

Moon: ENFJ 7w6 > 2w3 > 9w1 so/sx

Carmen: ESFJ 9w1 > 6w7 > 2w3 sp/so (not too sure about her, but worth a guess)

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=40834]MovinOut[/MENTION] I finished the show! So excited for Season 3 (whenever it comes out).

Yay. I was looking forward to someone doing this in-depth with enneagram. And same.

Sam: ESFJ 6w7 > 9w1 > 2w3 sp/so

I like the idea of her as a 6w7. People kept typing her as 9 and while I think it's her fix I can't see it as core, 6 makes more sense. I said 2, IDK why actually.

Miguel: ISFJ 6w7 > 2w3 > 9w8 so/sp

Yeah, I don't know why not many people are typing him as INFP, he's pretty ISFJ.

Robby: ISTP 9w8 > 6w5 > 4w5 sp/sx

THANK YOU for not typing him as INFJ. And actually... yeah I really can see ISTP 9. And the w8. With two reactive fixes. I think you're right. I didn't do his variants but sp/sx seems right too.

Amanda: ENTJ 3w4 > 1w2 > 6w5 so/sp

And again, thank you for not typing her as ESFP. Agree completely with the tritype, but honestly I'm not sure about the order.

Aisha: ISFP 6w5 > 9w8 > 4w3 sx/so (Her natural personality outside of Cobra Kai is more withdrawn and laid-back, but I feel like her motivation for joining Cobra Kai was becoming tough and intimidating as a means of security for herself. Hence, I say 6 and not 8; not sure about her IV)

Ah. I was hoping someone would do her, because I really am not sure. I appreciate that you explained this one.

Demetri: INTP 6w5 > 9w1 > 3w4 sp/so (good God, INTP 6w5 to the bone)

Lol yeah, he's a caricature. Honestly, I'm not sure why I didn't do his full tritype in my original post because he's a fucking obvious 9 fix and triple attachment seems fine.

Tory: ESTP 8w7 > 7w8 > 3w4 sp/sx

Haha yes. Also, I love how you read miss deceit's post in her voice, great fit (and I did notice Tory has a nice tough voice while watching).

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yay. I was looking forward to someone doing this in-depth with enneagram. And same.

I like the idea of her as a 6w7. People kept typing her as 9 and while I think it's her fix I can't see it as core, 6 makes more sense. I said 2, IDK why actually.

Yeah, I don't know why not many people are typing him as INFP, he's pretty ISFJ.

THANK YOU for not typing him as INFJ. And actually... yeah I really can see ISTP 9. And the w8. With two reactive fixes. I think you're right. I didn't do his variants but sp/sx seems right too.

And again, thank you for not typing her as ESFP. Agree completely with the tritype, but honestly I'm not sure about the order.

Ah. I was hoping someone would do her, because I really am not sure. I appreciate that you explained this one.

Lol yeah, he's a caricature. Honestly, I'm not sure why I didn't do his full tritype in my original post because he's a fucking obvious 9 fix and triple attachment seems fine.

Haha yes. Also, I love how you read miss deceit's post in her voice, great fit (and I did notice Tory has a nice tough voice while watching).

I have never seen this show but after that post I did look up some clips of Tory and she reminded me a lot of Santana from Glee (who is also an ESTP)

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
OPs spot on with characters typing agree 100% . Robby is 100% ISTP and Danny is ENFP .. he's reflective and ties meaning and symbolism to a lot of events that occur in the show, he draws energy from within not his external environment

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I finished Season 3. Little updates here. I'll discuss anything in spoilers if someone asks but I'll keep to these short descriptions for now.
[MENTION=40720]General Napissimo[/MENTION] may be interested (and if you have any type updates I'd like to hear them).

Johnny Lawrence: ISTP 8w9 6w5 3w4 sx/sp
I think he's the clearest one to type. Only change I made was changing the w7 in my original post to w5, though I honestly could see either and don't think it matters much. 8 as his core makes the most sense, especially when you take his line of disintegration into account.

No updates.

Amanda LaRusso: ENTJ 3w4 1w2 6w5 so/sp
She has some pretty hardcore Te, so I would say ENTJ over ESFP. I'm now convinced she's 3 as fuck. She's definitely assertive and reactive. She's the face of the auto company, very achievement-oriented. The triads of 3 fit her very well.

Sam: ESFJ 6w7 2w3 9w1 sp/so
This show is 6 as hell (which shouldn't be unexpected TBH). Her recurring freeze/flight/fight issues in Season 3 and the way she dealt with them was very 6.

Miguel: ISFJ 6w7 9w8 2w3 sx/so
I'm confused about his variants. He seems sx to me (his relationship to karate seems more like what an sx user would experience IMO), but he doesn't seem very sx 6. I'm sure he is a 6, and I would still argue for him being ISFJ rather than INFP.

Hawk: ISFP 8w7 6w7 4w3 sx/so
I previously had him pegged as an ESFP. However, I think that his Fi really began to come through in certain parts of Season 3 (and in terms of socionics I think he may have 4D unvalued Fe that he utilizes in certain scenarios, but that's another story).

Robby: ISTP 6w5 9w8 4w5 sp/sx
I've seen him typed as an INFJ and all I can say is that there is no way he's inferior Se. Tritype is perfect for him, as he's very reactive but he also has a tendency to withdraw. I've been wondering if he's a 6 or a 9 core, and Season 3 made me convinced he's a 6 core and I'm not sure that I can explain why without giving spoilers.

Kreese: ESTJ 8w9 3w4 6w5 so/sp
All I can say is that his backstory was pretty interesting.

Tory: ESTP 8w7 3w4 7w8 sp/sx
I wasn't confident in typing her based on Season 2 because I thought having her as a Se-dom triple assertive would be based on stereotype, but she really proved it in Season 3.

Demetri: INTP 6w5 9w1 3w2 sp/so
Seems pretty obvious to me.

Moon: ENFJ 7w6 9w1 2w3 so/sx
Also obvious to me.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=40834]Jaune[/MENTION] I agree with most of your typings. Johnny...eh, 6w5 or 6w7 fix works, but it's whatever.

I still Hawk is an ESFP, though I agree with your tritype assessment. He struggles to balance his Fi and Te and falls out of touch with his Fi more easily in favor of a Se-Te loop. Contrast him to, say, Henry Hill from Goodfellas (an ISFP 9w8 > 7w8 > 3w4 sx/so, imo); Henry's Te manifests in unhealthy and odd ways, but he's driven by his desire to mold himself in his image (Fi) and uses tertiary Ni to accomplish that transformation of himself. Hawk's Ni falls hilariously and dangerously short, in contrast, in favor of in the moment impulsiveness and a desire to control and desire his environment. I agree his Fi manifests more in Season 3, though. Touching base with his roots and values, if you will.