• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Frieza [ENTJ] - How he's a Te dom and Ni aux user, Dragon Ball Z MBTI Typings

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Frieza MBTI ENTJ - Dragon Ball Z MBTI Typings

Dragon Ball Z Myers-Briggs Types

Decided to do a short Frieza ENTJ post on him from Dragon Ball, especially after seeing him mistyped INTJ recently in my opinion. Here's why Frieza is a ENTJ and clear Te dom and Ni aux not the other way around in my opinion. Frieza is assertive, power hungry, efficient and task oriented and very future oriented and intuitive as well. He's very bossy and doesn't have alot of patience for anyone or their insolence with his Te dom behavior as an ENTJ. Frieza cares a lot about efficiency and expects others to be as efficient as him and stay on task and get goals done at all costs that he's working toward and wants completed, getting goals done and staying on task and expecting this in others is everything to Frieza as a Te dom and ENTJ with him. Frieza is future oriented and runs an entire armada, classic ENTJ rule over others and squadrans here. He's very intuitive with his aux Ni and has hunches about things and wants to check on them like what he did on Namek multiple times, or going himself to get the password for the dragon balls, he killed the Saiyans only on a rumor and nothing more. His Ni aux read between the lines and was thinking behind the scenes on the rumor and felt and had a hunch that the rumor was true or could be true one day that the Saiyans would revolt against him. His tertiary Se has him sometimes live in the moment and respond to details around him, he sometimes enjoys challenge and stimulation with things as he says as Goku is beating him a bit that this has never happened before with having this much trouble with someone and that he's getting excited from this.

He's a clear Fi inferior user as he struggles with inner values and is very assertive and unempathetic. Frieza cares about power above all else and doesn't mind who he has to stomp and sacrifice to get there and achieve immortality, any type can be evil though and this doesn't justify Fi inferior in them but in this case it does and Frieza is a Fi inferior user as an ENTJ who just so happens to be an evil one here too. I'm reading the Dragon Ball manga again after just finishing watching Dragon Ball Kai recently in the anime so yeah I'll have a longer Frieza ENTJ post in the future but for now this paragraph and post will be enough for now for him. Check out my other Dragon Ball character posts down below if your interested in my opinions on those as well. Thanks for the support as always.

Goku is an ENFP and here'''s why - Dragon Ball Z MBTI typing : mbti

Vegeta (ISTJ) - One of the Greatest ISTJs of all time, Dragon Ball Z MBTI : mbti

Dragon Ball Z MBTI - Myers-Briggs Typing : dbz

Son Goku (ENFP) - Most Shonen Main Characters are ENFP, Goku the first Shonen ENFP MC in Shonen Jump history : ENFP

INFP Anime Characters : infp

Personalityclub put Frieza as ENTJ here as well. I agree with all the character typings here in my opinion except as usual the only ones I disagree with is Videl and Android 16 as I always say. In my opinion and many others again, Videl is ENTJ and Android 16 is ISFJ:

https://www.personalityclub.com/blog/which-dragonball-z-character-is-your-personality/

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree. I''ll try something here. I think Cell is an ENTP by comparison. Love their banter. Some might say ESTP but the type of thought he carries seems more intuitive and chaotic to me. Not only does he want to be the strongest but he wants to have pure entertainment, and inevitably he has some grand vision of becoming the universe's end during his return as Super Perfect Cell after his near-death experience when he's affectively gone insane (one that's very detached from reality thus crazy). Going on a long monologue about his Si past and relating to his Ne potential of being the end of all things and most likely entertaining himself forever while doing so. Also his understanding on Trunks' timeline paradox, same fighting genius as Goku, and all in all the way he trolls most he speaks to in Dragon Fighter Z. Social Manipulation Fe-Ne. ANd obviously the FI blind amorality, aside from him being a psychopath anyway.
On top of his questions about "what type of creature" Buu was showing a level of intrigue that reminds me of Ti. Ti curiosity surrounded by idiots lmfao
Although Dbz never goes too in depth often to show too many functions, it's how it strikes me. Goku and Cell are like the good ENFP and evil ENTP. I always liked their interaction.
Also how he set rules for the tournament but quickly grew bored of it and blew it up to have no limits. What do you think? I know some think ESTP but I honestly always felt he struck me ENTP especially nowadays. Compare Cell's pure need for entertainment to Frieza's authoritative and more ridged need for order and structure to rule, despite also being a psychopath.
ENTJ Frieza and ENTP Cell and cell being pretty inquisitive here as they figure out what's going on. And they always make a good team. ENTJ Frieza saying to work for him. ENTP Cell being the shifty one Nappa and Ginyu are worried might betray them. I can see it pretty well, anyway. Though there's no way I can get as in depth about it as you do. As much as Frieza's Te uses people systematically, Cell's auxillary Ti also comes together to Use people but for entertainment or logical convenience.

How Each Cognitive Function Manifests Based On Its Position In Your Stacking | Thought Catalog

The auxiliary-Ti monologue: “How can I manipulate the way that this object or situation works so that it instead works the way I’d like it to?” sounds like Cell

Te dom in Frieza is pretty self explanatory in the "I will achieve my goal by any means necessary"

I think cuz it's DBZ alot of people (like possible ENFP Goku they think is ESFP always) can appear full of Se cuz fighting all the time but I think it's more complicated than that. And DBZ isn't the best at showing character's Functions very clearly cuz it's not focused on alot of strategy but pure fighting and occasional contemplation. Minus some exceptions like Vegeta and Goku, Krillin, and even Frieza, whom we've been exposed to alot. Most dbz villains were basic in personality but some stuck out. And Super expanded and made alot more depth iin the show's quality, one of the few good things about it. Had they brought him back, I'm pretty sure he'd get a bit more depth like Frieza did rather than just another simple villain who died in the past.

I don't need to say alot about Frieza because tbh he's a very obvious ENTJ in my opinion. He's one of the embodiment of the ENTJ villain.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I agree. I''ll try something here. I think Cell is an ENTP by comparison. Love their banter. Some might say ESTP but the type of thought he carries seems more intuitive and chaotic to me. Not only does he want to be the strongest but he wants to have pure entertainment, and inevitably he has some grand vision of becoming the universe's end during his return as Super Perfect Cell after his near-death experience when he's affectively gone insane (one that's very detached from reality thus crazy). Going on a long monologue about his Si past and relating to his Ne potential of being the end of all things and most likely entertaining himself forever while doing so. Also his understanding on Trunks' timeline paradox, same fighting genius as Goku, and all in all the way he trolls most he speaks to in Dragon Fighter Z. Social Manipulation Fe-Ne. ANd obviously the FI blind amorality, aside from him being a psychopath anyway.
On top of his questions about "what type of creature" Buu was showing a level of intrigue that reminds me of Ti. Ti curiosity surrounded by idiots lmfao
Although Dbz never goes too in depth often to show too many functions, it's how it strikes me. Goku and Cell are like the good ENFP and evil ENTP. I always liked their interaction.
Also how he set rules for the tournament but quickly grew bored of it and blew it up to have no limits. What do you think? I know some think ESTP but I honestly always felt he struck me ENTP especially nowadays. Compare Cell's pure need for entertainment to Frieza's authoritative and more ridged need for order and structure to rule, despite also being a psychopath.
ENTJ Frieza and ENTP Cell and cell being pretty inquisitive here as they figure out what's going on. And they always make a good team. ENTJ Frieza saying to work for him. ENTP Cell being the shifty one Nappa and Ginyu are worried might betray them. I can see it pretty well, anyway. Though there's no way I can get as in depth about it as you do. As much as Frieza's Te uses people systematically, Cell's auxillary Ti also comes together to Use people but for entertainment or logical convenience.

How Each Cognitive Function Manifests Based On Its Position In Your Stacking | Thought Catalog

The auxiliary-Ti monologue: “How can I manipulate the way that this object or situation works so that it instead works the way I’d like it to?” sounds like Cell

Te dom in Frieza is pretty self explanatory in the "I will achieve my goal by any means necessary"

I think cuz it's DBZ alot of people (like possible ENFP Goku they think is ESFP always) can appear full of Se cuz fighting all the time but I think it's more complicated than that. And DBZ isn't the best at showing character's Functions very clearly cuz it's not focused on alot of strategy but pure fighting and occasional contemplation. Minus some exceptions like Vegeta and Goku, Krillin, and even Frieza, whom we've been exposed to alot. Most dbz villains were basic in personality but some stuck out. And Super expanded and made alot more depth iin the show's quality, one of the few good things about it. Had they brought him back, I'm pretty sure he'd get a bit more depth like Frieza did rather than just another simple villain who died in the past.

I don't need to say alot about Frieza because tbh he's a very obvious ENTJ in my opinion. He's one of the embodiment of the ENTJ villain.

Your right bro, Cell is definitely ENTP and a Ne dom and Si user, there is nothing Se about Cell whatsoever. I have to go to work but I'm gonna read your in depth response here later in time after work today, srry my bad I have to rush it haha.

Goku is ENFP and Ne dom yes, he loves to fight cause he's a Saiyan not Se, that's a Se stereotype and not true definition of the function anyway. Goku uses Ne all the time, here's a ENFP super post I made for Goku recently:

Son Goku (ENFP) - Most Shonen Main Characters are ENFP, Goku the first Shonen ENFP MC in Shonen Jump history : ENFP

Cell is listed as ENTP on the DBZ chart that is pretty accurate, Goku ENFP, Frieza ENTJ which is right in my opinion, Videl is ENTJ and Android 16 ISFJ imo but the rest are right for sure:

Dragon Ball Z Myers-Briggs Chart : dbz

I'm gonna make a Cell ENTP post for him in time don't worry, im reading the Namek Saga again in the manga and will get to Androids Saga soon after to review the characters for the millionth time since I love this series haha.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Also watch these videos to see the depth in Goku and also why he's ENFP, ENFPs and ESFPs can both be deep but Goku is clearly ENFP if you analyze him and his actions in the story and how he is overall personality wise:

Character Analysis: Son Goku - YouTube

Goku's Character Development & Complexity - YouTube

Also I just reposted this Master Roshi ENFJ Post I did awhile back here:

Master Roshi (ENFJ) - Fe dom and Ni aux user, an Incredible ENFJ - Dragon Ball Z MBTI

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Bulma is ENTP too btw, Nappa, Raditz, Kid Trunks, Super Buu and Kid Buu are real ESTPs in this show and series, and of course the GOAT ESTP Mr Satan Hercule haha:

Bulma Briefs (ENTP) - One of the Greatest ENTPs and Amazing ENTP Females of All Time, Dragon Ball Z MBTI : entp

MBTI(R): 10 Anime Characters Who Are ENTPs | CBR

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
...huh. I can’t say I have ever put that much though into a DB character’s personality.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Everything you said was spot on my friend, Goku and Cell have the perfect ENFP and ENTP "hero" cough, and villain relationship haha.

ENTP Anime Characters : entp

I talked about Cell here as a ENTP in my ENTP Anime characters post, I'll do a post on him in time when I reread the Cell arc in the manga once again.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everything you said was spot on my friend, Goku and Cell have the perfect ENFP and ENTP "hero" cough, and villain relationship haha.

ENTP Anime Characters : entp

I talked about Cell here as a ENTP in my ENTP Anime characters post, I'll do a post on him in time when I reread the Cell arc in the manga once again.

I agree with those. Minus some characters I don't know. But that'd be cool to see. I'd love to read it if you do ~

And boy, I must say, you're exceptional with analysis. You put a lot of thought and focus into this. More than I could manage with my scattered mind ~

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I agree with those. Minus some characters I don't know. But that'd be cool to see. I'd love to read it if you do ~

And boy, I must say, you're exceptional with analysis. You put a lot of thought and focus into this. More than I could manage with my scattered mind ~

Gosh thank you, I really appreciate it really. I started doing this in high school since my friend got me into this and never stopped haha. We still talk about all this today, and I have even more friends now.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

What did you think of my Dragon Ball's character MBTI post? Here it is again if you need it:

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What did you think of my Dragon Ball's character MBTI post? Here it is again if you need it:

Sorry for the late reply. I went poof for a bit. But anyway. I agree with everything.

Except kid trunks might also be ENTP. I know as an adult at the end of Z, and especially GT, he kinda comes off ENTPish in taking after Bulma with being a big capsule corp figure. nerdy, and also pretty laid back for the most part. Though without too much examples. But I've seen him typed as ENTP and tbh it makes sense as well. At least for his adult self in GT and end of Z. Idk about as a kid. But he was pretty mischievous sneaking him and Goten into the tournament so I can see it. Rebellious. But also they were pretty imaginative as Gotenks. His Gotenks self I wonder if he was ESTP or ACTUALLY ENTP because not only did he toy with his opponents alot but he was constantly focused on flashy cool names for his moves and being imaginative about his power and stuff, tricked super buu, thinking cool names and keeping a secret from piccolo in the time chamber cuz he thought it would be cool and funny (making piccolo mad). He also randomly got distracted and didn't pay attention to Super Buu a few times, not being super Se aware. He'd be a very immature ENTP though. Vegito also ExTP, and Gogeta in GT. As for Super Buu I think it kinda depends. I think his personality seems to change like cell's did. Imperfect Cell was probably like an INTJ, sneaky, planning in the shadows. More ESTP as imperfect cell and ENTP as Perfect Cell. I'm largely going off, impressions though without analyzing it as much as you do.

Beerus I think might be more ISTP (that inferior Fe rage with when he loses his pudding, when he's normally calm) contrasting with Champa who is probably more ESTP. While they both have a temper beerus seems more reserved and observant, analytical, than champa still, the latter being more obnoxious and a bit more impulsive. I guess probably a 7w8 though as he still focuses on boredom a lot.

Whis is basically xNFJ.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sorry for the late reply. I went poof for a bit. But anyway. I agree with everything.

Except kid trunks might also be ENTP. I know as an adult at the end of Z, and especially GT, he kinda comes off ENTPish in taking after Bulma with being a big capsule corp figure. nerdy, and also pretty laid back for the most part. Though without too much examples. But I've seen him typed as ENTP and tbh it makes sense as well. At least for his adult self in GT and end of Z. Idk about as a kid. But he was pretty mischievous sneaking him and Goten into the tournament so I can see it. Rebellious. But also they were pretty imaginative as Gotenks. His Gotenks self I wonder if he was ESTP or ACTUALLY ENTP because not only did he toy with his opponents alot but he was constantly focused on flashy cool names for his moves and being imaginative about his power and stuff, tricked super buu, thinking cool names and keeping a secret from piccolo in the time chamber cuz he thought it would be cool and funny (making piccolo mad). He also randomly got distracted and didn't pay attention to Super Buu a few times, not being super Se aware. He'd be a very immature ENTP though. Vegito also ExTP, and Gogeta in GT. As for Super Buu I think it kinda depends. I think his personality seems to change like cell's did. Imperfect Cell was probably like an INTJ, sneaky, planning in the shadows. More ESTP as imperfect cell and ENTP as Perfect Cell. I'm largely going off, impressions though without analyzing it as much as you do.

Beerus I think might be more ISTP (that inferior Fe rage with when he loses his pudding, when he's normally calm) contrasting with Champa who is probably more ESTP. While they both have a temper beerus seems more reserved and observant, analytical, than champa still, the latter being more obnoxious and a bit more impulsive. I guess probably a 7w8 though as he still focuses on boredom a lot.

Whis is basically xNFJ.

I strongly disagree and see no Ne in Kid Trunks at all, tons of Se in that kid. Just because he's Bulmas son doesnt mean he uses Ne too like her. His mild interest in science doesnt mean Ne, he acts just like a typical ESTP kid and Se dom living in the moment and his brash attitude, I hate it when people type him ENTP personally because it makes no sense in my opinion but no matter, we can agree to disagree. Beerus is pretty extroverted and uses Se much more than Ti, hes not ISTP like Zoro from One Piece or Guts from Berserk, more like Yusuke and Bakugo ESTPs. Whis Fe dom for ENFJ, Future Trunks is INFJ. I definitely type all the Cell forms ENTP for every form, he used Ne the whole time sneaky or not and Ti. The only INTJ Dragon Ball villain we got I believe was Piccolo, the modern one we know. King Piccolo was ENTJ in comparison.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Whis is basically xNFJ.

Kid Trunks and Goten are classic Se dom kids, with Kid Trunks being ESTP and Goten being ESFP. Its one reason why they work so well together. In my opinion, Future Trunks is INFJ, Kid Trunks is ESTP and GT Trunks is INTP and finally was the first Ne user Trunks version we ever saw in the series until that point.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I strongly disagree and see no Ne in Kid Trunks at all, tons of Se in that kid. Just because he's Bulmas son doesnt mean he uses Ne too like her. His mild interest in science doesnt mean Ne, he acts just like a typical ESTP kid and Se dom living in the moment and his brash attitude, I hate it when people type him ENTP personally because it makes no sense in my opinion but no matter, we can agree to disagree. Beerus is pretty extroverted and uses Se much more than Ti, hes not ISTP like Zoro from One Piece or Guts from Berserk, more like Yusuke and Bakugo ESTPs. Whis Fe dom for ENFJ, Future Trunks is INFJ. I definitely type all the Cell forms ENTP for every form, he used Ne the whole time sneaky or not and Ti. The only INTJ Dragon Ball villain we got I believe was Piccolo, the modern one we know. King Piccolo was ENTJ in comparison.

I base Beerus' typing off not being the same as Champa is all. I don't really have great examples though so ESTP could be more accurate too. Maybe the difference I'm noticing is their enneagrams. His Fe is pretty low at any rate, and he certainly is impulsive. A bit more serious than Champa. But still as impulsive and doesn't look too deeply into anything.

As for Trunks. I'm just throwing out an idea, exercising a possibility as to why it "could" be seen that he is ENTP as he is often typed such. I'm just playing with it. I don't actually disagree with you cuz tbh I don't really see any Ne examples. As for Trunks in GT, yeah he's totally different and seemed more of an NTP that's for sure. I could see INTP.

As for Cell. Again throwing out possibilities. I've seen differences in how they act what with imperfect cell's sneakiness, semi-perfect cell's blunt loudness, it just doesn't strike me as exactly the same type. As semi-perfect Cell he was loud and noisy, demanding, about 18. Yet in Perfect Form he was much more suave. In Imperfect form he always seemed to be planning in the shadows. Also very patient. That's why I'm not sure Cell's type would remain the same regardless of his form. But I'm willing to hear why it's possible I suppose. (except it could technically work as an "INTJ shadow" type thing for when imperfect, maybe had to be in that form cuz it was safer, but as he progressed he shifted into his preferred ENTP type - or not, just considering how it 'could' work cuz i have yet to see how it couldn't)

I'm just looking at both sides. Playing devil's advocate to test out the many ways to look at things. To see why and how they are.

If you want to know my real opinion. I would say that Kid Trunks is ESTP, GT trunks is NTP but actually INTP makes more sense, Beerus is STP I see a lot of other's typing him ESTP so I can see that's possible, seems he's just 8w7 then, Id just figured ISTP as a possibility cuz either way he's got low if not inferior fe cuz of his sudden wild tantrums once triggered. Cell I'm not so sure is the same in every rendition cuz he just comes off so differently I find it hard to see that. Unless you have examples.

And yeah, Piccolo was INTJ and King Piccolo ENTJ definitely.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I base Beerus' typing off not being the same as Champa is all. I don't really have great examples though so ESTP could be more accurate too. Maybe the difference I'm noticing is their enneagrams. His Fe is pretty low at any rate, and he certainly is impulsive. A bit more serious than Champa. But still as impulsive and doesn't look too deeply into anything.

As for Trunks. I'm just throwing out an idea, exercising a possibility as to why it "could" be seen that he is ENTP as he is often typed such. I'm just playing with it. I don't actually disagree with you cuz tbh I don't really see any Ne examples. As for Trunks in GT, yeah he's totally different and seemed more of an NTP that's for sure. I could see INTP.

As for Cell. Again throwing out possibilities. I've seen differences in how they act what with imperfect cell's sneakiness, semi-perfect cell's blunt loudness, it just doesn't strike me as exactly the same type. As semi-perfect Cell he was loud and noisy, demanding, about 18. Yet in Perfect Form he was much more suave. In Imperfect form he always seemed to be planning in the shadows. Also very patient. That's why I'm not sure Cell's type would remain the same regardless of his form. But I'm willing to hear why it's possible I suppose. (except it could technically work as an "INTJ shadow" type thing for when imperfect, maybe had to be in that form cuz it was safer, but as he progressed he shifted into his preferred ENTP type - or not, just considering how it 'could' work cuz i have yet to see how it couldn't)

I'm just looking at both sides. Playing devil's advocate to test out the many ways to look at things. To see why and how they are.

If you want to know my real opinion. I would say that Kid Trunks is ESTP, GT trunks is NTP but actually INTP makes more sense, Beerus is STP I see a lot of other's typing him ESTP so I can see that's possible, seems he's just 8w7 then, Id just figured ISTP as a possibility cuz either way he's got low if not inferior fe cuz of his sudden wild tantrums once triggered. Cell I'm not so sure is the same in every rendition cuz he just comes off so differently I find it hard to see that. Unless you have examples.

Thats a good point with Cell. But I think first form Cell and Final form was more consistent than second form your right. But I dont really like the stereotype of hes sneaky and cunning to point to INTJ, because first form cell doesnt act like a INTJ or Ni dom in my opinion and ENTPs also can be sneaky and cunning too you know? Like any type, but especially ENTPs. ENTP and Ne and Ti fits first form cell perfectly still I think even if he's planning and cunning and sneaking around. So I think at the very least first form and final cell were definitely ENTP and Final Cell is basically Cells character at this point since the arc built it up and he was the final conclusion to the arc. But I respect your opinion and totally see where your coming at, 2nd form cell definitely was different but in his case Toriyama probably wanted to show some change per form even if his overall personality was mostly the same between forms. I think he was just going for, hes more arrogant now and overly loud, but still the same Cell deep down you know? And then as we saw with final hes more confident, level, and cocky and proud and smarter even while still being the curious logical extrovert that loves to mess with people as we saw in the series and a OG ENTP character and so on.

I think a better drastic change in personality are the Buus in my opinion with Majin Buu being ESFP still, and both Super and Kid Buu being ESTPs both. I think Frieza and Cell overall stayed the same despite some Cell behavior differences with Frieza as a ENTJ and Cell as a ENTP like mentioned in the DBZ MBTI chart.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

When I'm in the mood for Super I'll do a ESTP post on Beerus and explain his functions out, funny enough back in the day I mistyped him ESTJ with me stereotyping his seriousness with that but after seeing people say ESTP it makes way more sense to me, especially with his laid back laziness and caring about his senses a lot and enjoying things in the moment and so on. Btw I dont like to stereotype things like loving fighting or food with Se since any type can like those things, Goku is ENFP and Ne dom and loves fighting and eating as a Saiyan, like Vegeta and Gohan etc. But Beerus does love sweets so thats a little bit of mild Se stereotypes I guess even if this point isn't always true and is pretty flawed most the time. Whis is ENFJ and loves sweets too. Beerus is not struggling with Fe so much that he's Fe inferior at all, similar to characters like Zoro, Guts, Android 18, Asuma, Zabuza and so on and he's not really introverted like them. He has a decent grip on Fe, reading peoples feelings outside of him, social manners with Xeno, and respect and etiquette, and caring for society values all that Fe is known for. But its still not that great in him as a Fe ter user for him, so its a mixed bag there. He's wise but not very future oriented and lazy and doesnt read between the lines too much unless he has too in a situation, he's still decently mature though so I think his Ni is more developed than most ESTPs out there but its still a struggle for him I feel. Enjoying the moment with his Se is his most enjoyed value and action.

Also Beerus and Champa seem pretty similar to me, remember theres different kinds of ESTPs out there like any type, like Beerus, Yusuke, Bakugo, Kiba, and so on. There all pretty different from each other but similar as ESTPs as a whole in behaviors.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thats a good point with Cell. But I think first form Cell and Final form was more consistent than second form your right. But I dont really like the stereotype of hes sneaky and cunning to point to INTJ, because first form cell doesnt act like a INTJ or Ni dom in my opinion and ENTPs also can be sneaky and cunning too you know? Like any type, but especially ENTPs. ENTP and Ne and Ti fits first form cell perfectly still I think even if he's planning and cunning and sneaking around. So I think at the very least first form and final cell were definitely ENTP and Final Cell is basically Cells character at this point since the arc built it up and he was the final conclusion to the arc. But I respect your opinion and totally see where your coming at, 2nd form cell definitely was different but in his case Toriyama probably wanted to show some change per form even if his overall personality was mostly the same between forms. I think he was just going for, hes more arrogant now and overly loud, but still the same Cell deep down you know? And then as we saw with final hes more confident, level, and cocky and proud and smarter even while still being the curious logical extrovert that loves to mess with people as we saw in the series and a OG ENTP character and so on.

I think a better drastic change in personality are the Buus in my opinion with Majin Buu being ESFP still, and both Super and Kid Buu being ESTPs both. I think Frieza and Cell overall stayed the same despite some Cell behavior differences with Frieza as a ENTJ and Cell as a ENTP like mentioned in the DBZ MBTI chart.

Actually, come to think of it. This makes way more sense! He can still be ENTP, and how it works is actually . . .

-

Imperfect Cell-child (sneaking around dependent on people to make him stronger constantly cuz he wasn't as strong, had to rely on his cunning to pull him through cuz the power lack)

His journey and desire is "striving" to "grow up"

Semi Perfect Cell-teenager (arrogant and obnoxious and cocky while also throwing immature tantrums, immature low fe angsty hah)

His journey here is overestimation of himself and immaturity becoming more apparent

Perfect Cell-adult (matured, collected and confident, perhaps arrogant but not obnoxious, more polite, and just all around matured and 'complete' looking and acting like a calm clever but bored adult, and by then he was motivated by not "seeking to grow up" more so entertaining himself)

His journey is complete, he is an adult and is powerful and now has a new journey, which is purely to evade boredom as he portrays a strong confidence, but not dependent on others anymore, nor is he overly cocky and desperate like in semi form)

Less about a matter of mbti differences and more a matter of maturity and adaptivity.

How's that theory?

-

You have a good point that sneaky and ENTP can coexist and it does happen. A good example was actually in my childhood really. I use to sneak around and hide when I wasn't suppose to be up all the time, just for the thrill of not getting caught. And I was always known to be sneaky even if I didn't try to be.

Do you think Beerus and Champa have an Enneagram or instinct difference that could account for the difference, despite them being similar? Hmm. Or perhaps simply a matter of being more mature than Champa. Which he (usually) seems to me.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Actually, come to think of it. This makes way more sense! He can still be ENTP, and how it works is actually . . .

-

Imperfect Cell-child (sneaking around dependent on people to make him stronger constantly cuz he wasn't as strong, had to rely on his cunning to pull him through cuz the power lack)

His journey and desire is "striving" to "grow up"

Semi Perfect Cell-teenager (arrogant and obnoxious and cocky while also throwing immature tantrums, immature low fe angsty hah)

His journey here is overestimation of himself and immaturity becoming more apparent

Perfect Cell-adult (matured, collected and confident, perhaps arrogant but not obnoxious, more polite, and just all around matured and 'complete' looking and acting like a calm clever but bored adult, and by then he was motivated by not "seeking to grow up" more so entertaining himself)

His journey is complete, he is an adult and is powerful and now has a new journey, which is purely to evade boredom as he portrays a strong confidence, but not dependent on others anymore, nor is he overly cocky and desperate like in semi form)

Less about a matter of mbti differences and more a matter of maturity and adaptivity.

How's that theory?

-

You have a good point that sneaky and ENTP can coexist and it does happen. A good example was actually in my childhood really. I use to sneak around and hide when I wasn't suppose to be up all the time, just for the thrill of not getting caught. And I was always known to be sneaky even if I didn't try to be.

Do you think Beerus and Champa have an Enneagram or instinct difference that could account for the difference, despite them being similar? Hmm. Or perhaps simply a matter of being more mature than Champa. Which he (usually) seems to me.

Excellent post and great analysis and I could see all that with what you said here. Yeah any type can be sneaky but ENTPs are known for messing with people and being driven by new interests and avoiding boredom like most Ne users do. Se also cares for non boredom but it comes out different with living in the moment, caring for details and sensory stimulation and in the moment excitement. Cell's not like that at all, just for that side of the arguement if someone ever brought it up. He made the tournament because it was interesting and a great idea, Ne and wanted the world involved and to know about it and said that scared reaction is what he's looking for and excites him, Fe and prob other functions too like Ne and Ti coming out in him. His Si remembered the World Tournament existed cause he has the Z fighters genes and thought it'd be a great idea to make a tournament based on it. First form Cell loved to mess with people and absorb them for more strength and was very sneaky and coniving in a really extroverted NTP way not like a INTJ planner in the shadows or anything if that makes sense, he isnt like Piccolo or Sasuke. He's very NTP with how he is and how he speaks and comes across, he uses quite a bit of Ti and loves to figure out how things work and likes to gain more information and fuel his amusement, his dom Ne only amplifies this. His Ne and Ti drove him to stir on Gohan for bringing out his true power, and the entire time and arc Cell messed with the Z fighters for amusement and made Cell Jrs and lasted everything as long as possible etc in a playful NTP way. Frieza did things similar yes but you could always tell Frieza was a impatient Te dom user despite his toying and laziness and efficiency mattered most to Frieza in the Namek Arc. Even if Frieza also teased the Z fighters it was more like how I say, he knew they couldn't win and wanted to show them his gap in strength and dominance over them before he killed them and they died as a ENTJ villain and for Cell he wanted to show his power yes and how pointless it was to fight him but he still wanted them to try and was clearly bored more and wanted to be entertained as long as possible and showed he loved new ideas etc. Its a bit nuanched and takes some analyzing to tell the difference of the two but the Te and Ti is clearly there between them along with the Ne and Ni style differences of Frieza and Cell's behaviors. So yeah, totally Cell is a great ENTP villain, similar to the Joker, Doflamingo and so on.

Well yeah most likely, I dont know enneagram but yeah your probably right. I like enneagram cause it explains how theres different kinds of each type, so not every ESTP is the exact same but only the same on a basic function level and behaviors. If every type and person was exactly the same life would be boring. Deku, Itachi and Shanks and Future Trunks are all INFJs and they couldnt all be further different from each other while still also being extremely similar too and the same personality type and using the same functions.