• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tombstone

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Wyatt Earp: ESTJ
Virgil Earp: ISFP
Morgan Earp: ISFJ
Doc Holliday: ENTP
Kate: INFJ
Johnny Ringo: ISTP
Curly Bill: ESTP
Ike Clanton: ESFP
Fred White: ISFJ
Mayor: ESTJ
Kid originally dealing faro: ISTP

That's all I can remember for now.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Interesting.
No one has corrected me yet.

I wonder what that means.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Too many sensors! It's so wrong people don't know where to start. ;)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Interesting.
No one has corrected me yet.

I wonder what that means.
I first thought this thread might have been about the kinds of tombstones different types prefer.

That, or what they'd like written on them.

I'll get out and make way for someone who's seen the movie :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wyatt Earp: ESTJ
Virgil Earp: ISFP
Morgan Earp: ISFJ
Doc Holliday: ENTP
Kate: INFJ
Johnny Ringo: ISTP
Curly Bill: ESTP
Ike Clanton: ESFP
Fred White: ISFJ
Mayor: ESTJ
Kid originally dealing faro: ISTP

That's all I can remember for now.

Very interesting, NoC.

Movie vs Real Life

Wyatt - ISFJ vs ISTJ (he's one of my rough diamonds, my heroes) I read his autobiography, a favorite book of mine, and he was so stoic, so clever. Nearly deathproof.

Virgil Earp - can't say (I took Sam Elliot :heart: to be STP?) vs. ESTJ - In Wyatt's bio, the only person more stoic, imposing and business-like that he was happened to be Virgil and his older brother James (both of whom I deemed to be ESTJs).

Morgan Earp - ISFJ vs. ISFJ Both Morgans are alike, I think. I've seen pictures of him, he seems sparkly and sweet and friendly, with a truly impish look in his eyes. It's sad that he had to die the way he did.

Doc Holliday- ENTP both; I have really mixed feelings about him. I was irritable about all the hype around him, how a stringy little murderer could garner so much attention just because he was sharp, had a catchy name and killed people. But the more I read about him as a person, the more I felt for him. Seeing a picture of him before he got sick versus after actually brought tears to my eyes. Anyone who knows what it's like to struggle against something so awful and greater than yourself, you'll know the sting. Desperate look of the condemned. I didn't see a legend. I saw a ball of fury and fear sliding slowly into perdition. I told this to my sister. She said "It's no wonder you find a piece of his humanity in you somewhere - he's ENTP." I didn't know what he was, but it snapped into focus from a haze of familiarity.

Kate - ISTJ, all the way - don't ask me how I know this

Johnny Ringo - ISTP both; What's sad about the real guy is that he was found dead in the middle of nowhere, shot to death. His boots were removed. It was deemed a suicide. John Ringo was a tormented figure, and probably mentally ill on some level.

Curly Bill - ESTP

Can't say about the rest, but did anyone think that the real Bat Masterson was an ENTJ?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Very interesting, NoC.

Movie vs Real Life

Wyatt - ISFJ vs ISTJ (he's one of my rough diamonds, my heroes) I read his autobiography, a favorite book of mine, and he was so stoic, so clever. Nearly deathproof.
I really can't see him as an Si type in the movie.
Look how he executes almost immediately. That's Te to the max.
I don't know much about him in real life, but he is no introvert in the movies.

Virgil Earp - can't say (I took Sam Elliot :heart: to be STP?) vs. ESTJ - In Wyatt's bio, the only person more stoic, imposing and business-like that he was happened to be Virgil and his older brother James (both of whom I deemed to be ESTJs).
Virg was actually kind of hard -- he didn't have much screen-time, and far less of it was spent talking.
Not much is revealed.

Same with Morgan.

Doc Holliday- ENTP both; I have really mixed feelings about him. I was irritable about all the hype around him, how a stringy little murderer could garner so much attention just because he was sharp, had a catchy name and killed people. But the more I read about him as a person, the more I felt for him. Seeing a picture of him before he got sick versus after actually brought tears to my eyes. Anyone who knows what it's like to struggle against something so awful and greater than yourself, you'll know the sting. Desperate look of the condemned. I didn't see a legend. I saw a ball of fury and fear sliding slowly into perdition. I told this to my sister. She said "It's no wonder you find a piece of his humanity in you somewhere - he's ENTP." I didn't know what he was, but it snapped into focus from a haze of familiarity.
Good ol' Doc.
If ever there was a polished ENTP, he was it.
And of course he and Kate had a very interesting unspoken act. At least in the movie they did. If you look for this kind of thing (an I always do) you see how the way they both act, dress and their general interaction is relentlessly unnerving to everyone around them (except Wyatt, who must have figured them out, and thence found it funny). Doc acts so coy, but still manages to make it obvious, on an unconscious level, that it's all pretend. Kate plays along with her 'good woman' routine, but of course she usually knows whatever game Doc is playing (or at least knows that he's trying to start one) and helps build up the tension. It's especially evident in the scene where Doc and Johnny Ringo first meet.
Kate - ISTJ, all the way - don't ask me how I know this
I have to.
How do you know?

Johnny Ringo - ISTP both; What's sad about the real guy is that he was found dead in the middle of nowhere, shot to death.
Poor soul... He was just too high strung.
His boots were removed. It was deemed a suicide. John Ringo was a tormented figure, and probably mentally ill on some level.
He really did seem like some kind of serious sadist. His spwan are probably the cultists of today.

Curly Bill - ESTP[/quote] Is there any question?

Can't say about the rest, but did anyone think that the real Bat Masterson was an ENTJ?
I can't remember this character.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh -- Pink, are you talking about the movie named after Wyatt? Or the one titled Tombstone?

I just heard the name Bat Masterson (watching Wyatt Earp now) and I never heard the name in Tombstone.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
About Bat - he wasn't in the movie "Tombstone", no, I was just curious about other opinions in general about the real man. His frequent appearances in Wyatt's bio and glib (yet strangely calm, like Te...) interviews made me think of him as NTJ.

I really can't see him as an Si type in the movie.
Look how he executes almost immediately. That's Te to the max.
I don't know much about him in real life, but he is no introvert in the movies.

Disagree. I think Introverts can be just as present and vocal as Es, particularly in positions of authority. In my mind, I vs E is frequently just which function is hitting first, not the actual "volume" level of person as such. I don't think he was Te in the movie. I saw an introverted crusader, operating on Fe that's being tempered by primary Si. I see Kurt Russell as an ISFJ largely, and I think he was playing himself into the part.

Good ol' Doc.
If ever there was a polished ENTP, he was it.
And of course he and Kate had a very interesting unspoken act. At least in the movie they did. If you look for this kind of thing (an I always do) you see how the way they both act, dress and their general interaction is relentlessly unnerving to everyone around them (except Wyatt, who must have figured them out, and thence found it funny). Doc acts so coy, but still manages to make it obvious, on an unconscious level, that it's all pretend. Kate plays along with her 'good woman' routine, but of course she usually knows whatever game Doc is playing (or at least knows that he's trying to start one) and helps build up the tension. It's especially evident in the scene where Doc and Johnny Ringo first meet.

I could see an ENTP and an ISTP making formidable foes. Both types have no "off" button when most everyone else is backpedaling into self-preservation.

I have to.
How do you know?

Well. Because I've intimately known quite a few girls like her (who shall remain nameless). Both the real woman (who was a morally-bereft attention-seeking barracuda, and would have to be to survive in such a nasty environment) and the "character" of Kate, who was, to my mind, the very worst in ISTJs, when they resort to tacky wildness, insensitivity and manipulation to get what they want, like Madonna rolling around on her mother's grave just because photographers were near by. (And I really like Madonna...)

The real Kate - after the OK Corral shoot-up... she was in her hotel room, and she said that when Doc came back, he was shaking all over, sat down on the bed, and had tears running down his face, saying over and over how horrible it was, all the blood and bullets, etc. She laughed it off. She couldn't understand what he was getting so bent out of shape about. It was mystifying to her. She later said something about "baby sitting" an emotional wreck like Doc. Know what I mean? She didn't even really care when he died.

Si and Te that have rotted into a mass = "You can't make me care."

This is no way every ISTJ. But she was.