User Tag List

123 Last

Default People/Characters You Look Up To

Do you find that you are drawn toward inspirational people/characters that are similar to your type? Why or why not?

Thank you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Yes. Why? That's an interesting question. For me, I think it's in large part because I didn't/don't get to be around people who I relate to in a multiple of very deep ways that often - where our motivations, values, behavior, emotions, and experiences are extremely similar. Particularly when I was young, those characters made me feel not so alone, understood, and allowed me to escape into their worlds for awhile.
    There is a crack in everything
    T h a t ' s...h o w...t h e...l i g h t...g e t s...i n
    Likes Gwyn, Burner liked this post

Hi Luminous. That is a good point. It seems like I gravitate toward wanting to emulate the characteristics and integrity of certain characters. I researched what their personality type was and found that they all had the same type or a similar stack but in a little different order. I just looked up another and character and it was the same. I know trying to figure out your type is a life long process, but I'm so wishy washy with type and type stacks I second guess and try to find different tactics to know for certain what stack is my preference. Of course I will sleep on it and arrive at uncertainty again eventually

Thank you for your input and your description. Relating and reflecting is important.
    Likes Abcdenfp, Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

Hmmm I think I tend to look up to people who have personality traits I admire and would like of possess like patience ..
    But I think my personality type isn't really ever taken seriously, they are always showing the silly fun side but not the more emotionally complex and pattern driven side.

Khaleesi/Daenerys
    from game of thrones is the closest I could say to a character who really resonated with how I see myself and also how I respond under stress, I felt her desire to burn everything to the ground viserally in the final season and I knew her bahavoir was based on unhealthy responses to feeling control slipping. I desperately wanted her to stop, think and calm down but I understood why she couldn't.

she is an NF though soo..
    Likes Burner liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    But I think my personality type isn't really ever taken seriously, they are always showing the silly fun side but not the more emotionally complex and pattern driven side.
    Oh, I don't agree with you on that one... I've known some remarkably accomplished ENFP 7s.

I don't really look up to others much in that I would like to be them. It's not really how I think. I would say for quite a while, I had a picture of Thomas Jefferson in my office. It's amazing what he accomplished and if you ever visited Monticello, some of the things he did there were incredible. He also had very good taste in wine. Of course Jesus had a remarkable impact on the world but "looking up to him" doesn't seem like a good way to describe it.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    739 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

With fictional ENTPs and/or 7s, I wouldn't quite describe it as "looking up to" necessarily, but I'd love to hang out with them if they were real people. I really vibe with Tyrion Lannister from GoT (I'm gonna pretend GRRM isn't taking his sweet-ass time with the books and the last season never happened); he really experienced a more positive trajectory away from his negative past and struggles with his family at a certain point in the series. I'm very drawn to characters who experience moral arcs for the better; self-discovery and self-improvement are two areas I'm really fascinated by and good at assessing for myself, but it's a lot more difficult for me to make progress. Sokka from ATLA fits this bill for me (he's a 6w7, but still). Also, Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park and Tony Stark.

In real life...a lot of ENTP politicians are less than pleasant, so not sure I'd want to emulate or draw inspiration them, haha. Also, Elon Musk has been classified as an ENTP, I think? Smart guy, but not someone I'd want to be like. I really admire a lot of polymath-type figures I'd classify as ENTP (ibn Battuta, Leonardo da Vinci come to mind); I'd want their intellect and the journeys they had. I think I'm just as drawn to historical figures with complementary traits and cognitive functions as I am of my own personality (particularly Fe-doms and certain ENTJs).
    "Am I about dollars or about change?
    Am I about knowledge or about brains?

- J. Cole, Miss America

Don't put yourself in a box. There's only so many cubic feet and I doubt you'd fit in.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Inspiration? Rarely, and few of the characters are the same type. But all of them are almost always percievers. I mostly like characters that have been through situations like my own, and can empathize with them. If I take inspiration from anything, its from the story itself.
    4w5/5w6/8w9

I have met or watch interviews with some ENFPs who are quite cerebral. One of my friends may be more on the whimsical side, but she can be serious at times as well. I understand there being that stereotype though.

I guess I've wondered about the characters I'm most drawn to. Whether or not I look up to them is secondary perhaps. However, I have found a common function stack with them. At the same time it might just be a common type that I admire.

Inactive For A Bit RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    MBTI
    SiTi
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I actually pay a lot less attention to people than I probably should, so not really? I pay attention to and get more agita from watching characters that are like me than inspiration. Not necessarily because I dislike my personality either, just because when I find very similar characters watching their mistakes reminds me of everything I should work on fixing.