• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

People/Characters You Look Up To

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Okay I have thought about this again..
I would say Dan Rathers, I look up to / have admiration for but I don't aspire to be him , I enjoy his outlook.
I still have great admiration for the Marquise in dangerous liaisons, her discipline, her quest to dominate and avenge our sex and ability to play the game as a woman was excellent right up to the end.

The first time I read Dangerous Liaisons I thought Mme. de Merteuil and M. de Valmont to be something like evil geniuses, and admired them as far as that, but the second time I read it their schemes seemed completely frivolous -- two rich people with too much money and time to kill at their disposal.

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I can't say that I admire any real people these days, but I admire three fictional people: Fanny Price from Jane Austen's Mansfield Park, Mr. Knightley from Jane Austen's Emma and Christopher Tietjens from Madox Ford's Parade's End.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
The first time I read Dangerous Liaisons I thought Mme. de Merteuil and M. de Valmont to be something like evil geniuses, and admired them as far as that, but the second time I read it their schemes seemed completely frivolous -- two rich people with too much money and time to kill at their disposal.
I would agree with this statement but still to be honest, I find that a character who puts that amount of time , interest , planning, plotting is admirable even in such a wicked way. Yes they could have plotted to save mankind but meh it's a great story, glen close was fabulous in the movie and she played a woman not entirely run by her emotions, detached methodical and purposeful I admire that.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The dude with the Garfield phone.

Knows how to stick to his principles.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just started watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine; I vibe with Peralta and Boyle, but I definitely love/look up to Captain Holt :D

I think I'm drawn to 2 character types: 1) The compassionate, but principled leader types (usually IxxJ's); 2) The charismatic types with compassionate undertones (ENFJs or ExxP's with well-developed tertiary functions). Shit, I guess I value compassion; whaddya know.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There was one person I idolized growing up, and that was Bruce Lee. Not only a great fighter, but a philosopher. Here are some quotes.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.

As you think, so shall you become.

Having no limitation as limitation

Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.

To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.

Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.

If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.

A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

I'm rather fond of Yondu

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This 2020 lately I had one that I looked up to but he got exposed for some bad shit so never mind about that.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Clark Ashton Smith
330px-Clark_Ashton_Smith_1912.jpg

Clark Ashton Smith (January 13, 1893 – August 14, 1961) was an American writer and artist. He achieved early local recognition, largely through the enthusiasm of George Sterling, for traditional verse in the vein of Swinburne. As a poet, Smith is grouped with the West Coast Romantics alongside Joaquin Miller, Sterling, and Nora May French and remembered as "The Last of the Great Romantics" and "The Bard of Auburn". Smith's work was praised by his contemporaries. H. P. Lovecraft stated that "in sheer daemonic strangeness and fertility of conception, Clark Ashton Smith is perhaps unexcelled", and Ray Bradbury said that Smith "filled my mind with incredible worlds, impossibly beautiful cities, and still more fantastic creatures".[1]

Smith was one of "the big three of Weird Tales, with Robert E. Howard and H. P. Lovecraft",[2] but some readers objected to his morbidness and violation of pulp traditions. The fantasy critic L. Sprague de Camp said of him that "nobody since Poe has so loved a well-rotted corpse."[3] Smith was a member of the Lovecraft circle and his literary friendship with Lovecraft lasted from 1922 until Lovecraft's death in 1937. His work is marked by an extraordinarily rich and ornate vocabulary, a cosmic perspective and a vein of sardonic and sometimes ribald humor.

Of his writing style, Smith stated: "My own conscious ideal has been to delude the reader into accepting an impossibility, or series of impossibilities, by means of a sort of verbal black magic, in the achievement of which I make use of prose-rhythm, metaphor, simile, tone-color, counter-point, and other stylistic resources, like a sort of incantation."

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I look up to Monkey D. Luffy as he's my fav character of all time, he's the best ENFP ever too imo. I also have a lot of respect for Eiichiro Oda, who is also ENFP as well for the writer of One Piece.

I love Richard Feyman as a scientist and think he's the best ENTP scientist ever.

I also love Ray Bradbury and think he was an awesome person and amazing human being, he's one of the best INFPs and writers of all time. And Fahrenheit 451 is my fav book of all time as well.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Although I think that I am a Te user (XSTJ or ENTJ), there are a few ESFJ characters that I can relate to.
Relatable ESFJ characters:
- Annie Edison from Community (I disagree with the popular opinion that she is an ISFJ; Fe > Si and Ne > Ti)
- Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think people like seeing their own type in media, I think we are perturbed when we encounter individuals with the same type as us and unconscious biases form that make it very difficult to type someone with the same type as you, even if depicted in film. I notice I almost never see or type INFPs, but I don't think this is an actual lack of INFPs as much as it is my own mind ignoring the presence of dominant Fi in individuals who signal it because it doesn't interest me (why would hints of Fi be of interest to someone whose entire world is colored by Fi?). Characters or individuals who often show Se or Te are more likely to stand out to me and I think this corresponds to the rest of the types. For example, an INTP is more immediately aware and intrigued by individuals who use Fe and Se because those functions are less familiar to their psyche. I notice this in the reverse as well, strong Se and Te types seem similarly more affected by the signals of my strong Fi than they are by qualities of their own preferred functions.

yubitzu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd say Komugi from HxH.
I like how brave she is to stay loyal to her principles and emotions even in times where it could get her killed.
I also like her passion and commitment to what she does,and her extreme sincerity.
There's also Lady Eboshi from Mononoke Hime,though her type is nothing like mine.
I just like people that are strong willed and just won't give up no matter how hard life hits.
And Nausicaa from Nausicaa of the valley of the wind,though her type is also nothing like mine.
I just like selfless people,I wish I could be more like that,but more often than not,I find myself selfish,and I don't like that.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Splinter~

The Calm Wise Father figure

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't have any specific role models, but right now I feel a specific admiration for people who are strong-willed and do not compromise their beliefs. I'm a very harmonious person with a bad habit of people-pleasing and letting others steamroll me, so I've been trying to actively put a more conscious effort into standing strong. So these are specific people/characters that give me that motivation by remaining strong and overcoming obstacles:

Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service)

Mariah Carey

Megan Thee Stallion

Tiffany "New York" Pollard (Flavor of Love)

Also adding to this list David from A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

tmk113

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w5
This is definitely true for me. I have to see myself in a celebrity or character in order for me to admire him/her. It's usually a combination of what I want to be and what I can relate to.
I look up to a lot of musicians
I love Adam Young the founder of Owl City because, even though I'm not creative, I think I would like lyrics similar to his but slightly darker. He's ISFJ too and seems very down on himself for some reason despite being rich and famous. I find that really endearing. I honestly think that most of his lyrics are really bad, but I can sorta relate to the ones that I like a lot. They're usually so heartfelt that they're sad to me.
I also look up to singer songwriter Conor Oberst from Bright Eyes because, honestly, I want to be like him. I'm like him in certain ways. I love sad, dark, passionate, and poetic things and would definitely like to write lyrics like him if I were famous. I'm not half as creative, poetic, or smart, but I would love his passion. Creativity and passion are the things I value the most, but don't have.