• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Donald Trump's Myers-Briggs Type

D

Dali

I've seen him typed as ISFP (?!) but I'd also think it's closer to ESTP.

ygolo

My termites win
He's really hard to read, but I do think he has a very "In-Charge" persona (controlled and extroverted).

Based on dichotomies, I think Thinking is very clear, and I have a really hard time seeing him as an NF.

So that leaves, ESTP ESTJ and ENTJ.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Someone here said ENTJ before...Edgar maybe? Anyway, "Sounds right!"

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTJ or ESTP

Pretty clearly. He's definitely not an N, he works off sensate information and not necessarily a true big picture, not like an N does.

What was always interesting when I watched the Apprentice was his criticisms at show end -- which were not consistent from episode to episode and based really on the results that the candidates had received from their strategies. Many times the candidates would actually not have a great choice or two choices actually were pretty equitable, and they'd happen to pick one that didn't work; and he'd twist it around to criticize their choice as if it should have been obvious.

While he could make up these pragmatic rationalizations for why something did or did not work, it seemed very clear they were more after the fact and he was actually working off in-the-moment instincts. I think how he'd attempt to explain his instincts through logic is what confuses people, but the logic was not primary, it was after the fact.

His daughter was interesting; she's been typed here before as ESTJ. She actually seemed more "coherent" than her dad.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Someone here said ENTJ before...Edgar maybe? Anyway, "Sounds right!"

Yes, Edgar said it and he is right.

Anyone who thinks Donald Trump is an ESTP should read some of his biographies.

If you look at his business moves, he is a big time strategic thinker.

Unique

I've read a lot and I have to disagree with you. There is nothing really N about his strategies he seems all action to me.

D

Dali

Yes, Edgar said it and he is right.

Anyone who thinks Donald Trump is an ESTP should read some of his biographies.

If you look at his business moves, he is a big time strategic thinker.

You know what they say about ESTPs making money out of thin air?

I have an extremely successful ESTP parent and he's a great strategist too but, like Luke's mentioned, they strategise in a 'different' way. For what it's worth, the face that Donald presents to the public is the exact same one that my old man does too and he's an ESTP through and through.

D

Dali

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
"...I take things very personally; when someone says something about me, I hate them and I never forgive them..."

Do you see an ENTJ saying something like that?

Oh hell yes. ENTJs are very conscious of their social status.

Also, Donald Trumps ideas on revenge are very NTJ-ish. He said that if someone screws him out of a million, he will spend 10 million to get his revenge.

ESTPs tend to be a lot more forgiving than ENTJs.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
By the way, I've noticed that very often ENTJs act like ESTPs when they are interacting with general public.

I think this is due to the fact that ENTJs recognize (at leas subconsciously) that ESTPs tend to be the most socially competent of all personalities, and they try to emulate that.

Unique

Edgar this is PERSONALITY types... not who we are when we write a book.

I'd have to say I can relate with the getting screwed with money thing... we can get a little protective, crazy and risky with it.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
"...I take things very personally; when someone says something about me, I hate them and I never forgive them..."

Do you see an ENTJ saying something like that?

Yes, very much so. In fact ENTJ's are more likely to take things personally than ESTP's.
And we can't really judge his personality by the title of his book; we'll probably end up typing the editor and publisher instead.

Well I read through a few chapters of the book and it's really a lot about thinking big with less focus on kicking ass. It shows a huge N preference.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I propose Edgar and Luke fight to the death in the pit, winner gets to decide Trump's type.