• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Donald Trump's Myers-Briggs Type

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The USA is in decline presided over by a clown.

I seem to recall only recently you were a Trump supporter. What accounts for your change of heart?

Tater

The USA is in decline presided over by a clown.

a-brief-history-of-45-presidents-of-united-states-emojis-26543310.png

Mole

Permabanned
I seem to recall only recently you were a Trump supporter. What accounts for your change of heart?

He is changing the US from a values base to a transactional base. Unfortunately these are our values too, based on liberal democracy and human rights.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Some of y’all are hilarious with your overconfident celebrity typings. If Letterman’s an NT, then I’m the sovereign queen of Uganda.

- - - Updated - - -

He is changing the US from a values base to a transactional base. Unfortunately these are our values too, based on liberal democracy and human rights.

Trump isn’t changing the US at all, he’s a product of what the US has already become.

Jaguar

Hanna says that before Letterman bought the ranch, he asked Hanna what it was like up there. “Dave, where you’re looking at is one of the wildest places on the North American continent,” he recalls telling him. “You’ve got to be a real mountaineer. It’s desolate. There’s high winds. It gets very cold in the winter. It’s one of the most solitary places in America. You don’t see many people.”

Said Letterman, Hanna recalls, “That’s it. That’s where I’m going.”

Letterman’s introversion is, by now, legendary. Regis Philbin says that after all these years, he’s still never been invited to his house. “He’s very shy,” agrees Brokaw. “We’ve tried to get David to see us in Montana, and it’s always, ‘Nah, I don’t think so.’ ” He’s a paradox: a host who dislikes company.

Jaguar

Trump isn’t changing the US at all, he’s a product of what the US has already become.

Do people really need to be encouraged to be the worst version of themselves by a fat fuck in the White House?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some of y'all are hilarious with your overconfident celebrity typings. If Letterman's an NT, then I'm the sovereign queen of Uganda. - - - Updated - - - Trump isn't changing the US at all, he's a product of what the US has already become.
Agree completely

Mole

Permabanned
At last the USA is standing up to the Islamic terrorists of Iran.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Trump is still an 8, just a very unhealthy one with a THREE FIX.
He completely lacks the sophistication of a 3 and refuses to alter his image for the audience, which a true 3 would naturally do subconsciously. A 3 would be deeply bothered by the public ridicule that Trump receives on the regular. Compare to Paul Ryan who is a 3 and you will see the difference in presentation. If you told them both to jump off a bridge, Ryan would do it as long as there are cameras there and Trump would just make that stupid fucking face he makes and then tweet about how he could "build a better bridge anyway".

3s fold under pressure, 8s don't.

Yes, the 3 is there, but it's clearly not core because he is doing it all wrong.

Mole

Permabanned
President Trump is not a restrained, literate individual, rather he is an emotionally spontaneous son of the electronic media. He is what all of us born into the TV age are becoming, President Trump is our role model. Of course he is hated by those bookish individuals who have no idea the book is dead.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Trump is still an 8, just a very unhealthy one with a THREE FIX.
He completely lacks the sophistication of a 3 and refuses to alter his image for the audience, which a true 3 would naturally do subconsciously. A 3 would be deeply bothered by the public ridicule that Trump receives on the regular. Compare to Paul Ryan who is a 3 and you will see the difference in presentation. If you told them both to jump off a bridge, Ryan would do it as long as there are cameras there and Trump would just make that stupid fucking face he makes and then tweet about how he could "build a better bridge anyway".

3s fold under pressure, 8s don't.

Yes, the 3 is there, but it's clearly not core because he is doing it all wrong.

Questionable, since 8 probably wouldn't be able to do the amount of scams and games he did. Plus he is like this exactly since he is playing for the anti-establishment audience, that are the core of his voting base (and there is plenty of people with 8 in tritype there). I was born in Communism and I can assure you that 3s from such system weren't anything like stereotypical American 3s. 3s can look like anything else, what defines a 3 is desire to win. (in order to feel that they are worth something)

In my book he is probably something like this.

368, 386 • ​most provocative/loyal 3, debater, industrious/rebellious/anti-authoritarian, natural leader, justice fighter, can be mistaken for 8, the reactive 3

378, 387 • most expeditious/assertive 3, accomplished/dynamic go-getter, jolly, big energy, super achiever, mistaken for 7 or 8. Focused on achieving success, especially success in the eyes of others. The attention goes to identifying the role needed to make the achievements that are viewed as successful. With success comes power.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Questionable, since 8 probably wouldn't be able to do the amount of scams and games he did. Plus he is like this exactly since he is playing for the anti-establishment audience, that are the core of his voting base (and there is plenty of people with 8 in tritype there). I was born in Communism and I can assure you that 3s from such system weren't anything like stereotypical American 3s. 3s can look like anything else, what defines a 3 is desire to win. (in order to feel that they are worth something)

368, 386 • ​most provocative/loyal 3, debater, industrious/rebellious/anti-authoritarian, natural leader, justice fighter, can be mistaken for 8, the reactive 3

378, 387 • most expeditious/assertive 3, accomplished/dynamic go-getter, jolly, big energy, super achiever, mistaken for 7 or 8. Focused on achieving success, especially success in the eyes of others. The attention goes to identifying the role needed to make the achievements that are viewed as successful. With success comes power.

Okay, well you are arguing with the pros then who have officially typed him as 837 or 836.

Also, we don't always wanna hear about how everything ties to communism in your country or lack of personal identity in your country. I could probably make a thread about grilled cheese sandwiches and you would come in and say that American grilled cheese sandwiches are the most individualistic grilled cheese sandwiches in the world and how in your country, they'd have to drop their identity and work for the group and then let their parents live with them after retirement.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

835 here. We definitely have our schemes. Our utility is usually more in getting others in line with a particular worldview. Sticks and carrots. Little Marcos and “lock ‘er ups”. My guess is that Trump doesn’t believe in the specifics of anything he does or says, but understands the emotional impact. The so called “strategic” aggression of 8/ is usually the hallmark that separates us from 6s. 6s will mess you up because they’ll die for the cause. 8s will mess you up because you’re unfortunately in the way of it.

I rule out 3 because prestige for him is not so much an end as a means. Trump wants to be loved (core 2 virtue) he probably wouldnt care so much about fame except that he equates it to adoration. If he were a 3, he’d be much more about decorum, or would be more interested in creating some sort of revised aesthetic that defined prestige but also was in line with his values. 3s are very norm-bound or conversant with norms in a way that doesnt seem to resonate with Trump.

He’s also ESTP both MBTI and Socionics. Lead Se in socionics and 8ness are virtually synonymous.

Jaguar

If Eights do not fear failure as such, Threes fear failure deeply because they see it as a personal humiliation, a potential occasion for being rejected, their deepest fear. .

"Don't reject me Poooootie! I want my image to be like yours! Pooooooooooooooootie! Don't leave me!!!!!!"

By contrast, Eights see failure as an opportunity to learn something and come back stronger.

My motto: Out of the ashes the phoenix will rise.

If Eights are too busy achieving their purposes to worry about public opinion, Threes live and die on the opinions of others and desperately want to be in demand socially.

Of course he lives and dies on the opinion of others. He's an insecure fuck. Hell, he'll only be interviewed by FOX news - people who say positive things about him.

In short, even average Eights are the "genuine article," whereas average Threes are an imitation of it

There's nothing genuine about Don the Con.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Okay, well you are arguing with the pros then who have officially typed him as 837 or 836.

Also, we don't always wanna hear about how everything ties to communism in your country or lack of personal identity in your country. I could probably make a thread about grilled cheese sandwiches and you would come in and say that American grilled cheese sandwiches are the most individualistic grilled cheese sandwiches in the world and how in your country, they'd have to drop their identity and work for the group and then let their parents live with them after retirement.

I am using that simply as the argument that there are things that are out of the box. I can see why can that be annoying but this is simply the quickest way to do it. (btw our individualism is fine, as you can see from my posting)

The thing is that Trump strikes me much more as talker than the doer and I have seen plenty of obvious mistypes from the so called "experts".

But ok, no where it says that we have to agree about this, especially since it doesn't even matter in the end.

835 here. We definitely have our schemes. Our utility is usually more in getting others in line with a particular worldview. Sticks and carrots. Little Marcos and “lock ‘er ups”. My guess is that Trump doesn’t believe in the specifics of anything he does or says, but understands the emotional impact. The so called “strategic” aggression of 8/ is usually the hallmark that separates us from 6s. 6s will mess you up because they’ll die for the cause. 8s will mess you up because you’re unfortunately in the way of it.

I rule out 3 because prestige for him is not so much an end as a means. Trump wants to be loved (core 2 virtue) he probably wouldnt care so much about fame except that he equates it to adoration. If he were a 3, he’d be much more about decorum, or would be more interested in creating some sort of revised aesthetic that defined prestige but also was in line with his values. 3s are very norm-bound or conversant with norms in a way that doesnt seem to resonate with Trump.

He’s also ESTP both MBTI and Socionics. Lead Se in socionics and 8ness are virtually synonymous.

I don't see why this would be the case. American cultural linearity might create a bunch of such people but I don't see why would this be in the definition of e3.

Prestige isn't a thing for Trump ? Are you sure about that ?
The man made the brand out of his name, he openly declared his presidency to be all about winning, in the campaign he was running circles around other candidates in a way that 8 probably wouldn't do, he is really trying hard to be the one with his base .... etc. For me he is all about approval rather than independance. He really does try to look like an 8 in public but the things is that "something" is telling me this is all just acting.

Does this looks to you as and 8 ?

To me it doesn't, just like all of his old videos I have seen. What points in direction that 8ness was/is an upgrade made for the audience when he became a reality TV star.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I am using that simply as the argument that there are things that are out of the box. I can see why can that be annoying but this is simply the quickest way to do it. (btw our individualism is fine, as you can see from my posting)

The thing is that Trump strikes me much more as talker than the doer and I have seen plenty of obvious mistypes from the so called "experts".

But ok, no where it says that we have to agree about this, especially since it doesn't even matter in the end.

I don't see why this would be the case. American cultural linearity might create a bunch of such people but I don't see why would this be in the definition of e3.

The man made the brand out of his name, he openly declared his presidency to be all about winning, in the campaign he was running circles around other candidates in a way that 8 probably wouldn't do, he is really trying hard to be the one with his base .... etc. For me he is all about approval rather than independance. He really does try to look like an 8 in public but the things is that "something" is telling me this is all just acting.

To me it doesn't, just like all of his old videos I have seen. What points in direction that 8ness was/is an upgrade made for the audience when he became a reality TV star.

I don't think you understand what 3s are actually all about. I was married to one and they will fake it to convince the masses and themselves that they are an ideal. That is why narcissism is attributed to them so often (my ex was indeed legitimately narcissistic). Furthermore, narcissism is NOT limited to 3s and cannot be used as a core measuring tool. Trump has literally zero of the charm inherent to 3s, and that's why you always see a less balanced presentation of 3 traits in him - it's not his core.

I've heard plenty of evidence of his tendency to bulldoze challengers. Do you honestly think the accusations of violent sexual assault to his ex-wife was withdrawn because it didn't happen? No. She was threatened by his people and forced to retract. He's just really good at getting his people to do his dirty work for him, as evidenced lately in the news. He's climbed so far to the top that he's getting cocky and knows he barely has to try anymore because everyone is under his thumb, which is green with money.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I don't think you understand what 3s are actually all about. I was married to one and they will fake it to convince the masses and themselves that they are an ideal. That is why narcissism is attributed to them so often (my ex was indeed legitimately narcissistic). Furthermore, narcissism is NOT limited to 3s and cannot be used as a core measuring tool. Trump has literally zero of the charm inherent to 3s, and that's why you always see a less balanced presentation of 3 traits in him - it's not his core.

I've heard plenty of evidence of his tendency to bulldoze challengers. Do you honestly think the accusations of violent sexual assault to his ex-wife was withdrawn because it didn't happen? No. She was threatened by his people and forced to retract. He's just really good at getting his people to do his dirty work for him, as evidenced lately in the news. He's climbed so far to the top that he's getting cocky and knows he barely has to try anymore because everyone is under his thumb, which is green with money.

Yes, but 3s are perhaps the most dynamic type of them all. Since they want to fill the norm, but nowhere it says what that norm will be, or if the 3 will always be perfect in presenting that norm.

I mean why then all the endles stuff about winning, I am rich, I will make America great again ... and all that Jazz ? Personally I find him cartoonish but he seems to be very status oriented in my book. If 8 should become the president it will be in order not to be controlled and perhaps give justice to the people. While 3 would be doing this for the fame and perhaps money. Therefore his motivation is more 3ish in my book.
Also he has too much of the: "I didn't do it", "they are trying to convince people that I did do it", "ok, maybe I did do it" situation for an 8.
Plus the wife thing proves nothing since unhealthy 3s are natural "godfathers".

But as I said it is perfectly fine that we don't agree over this.
To tell you te truth: in my culture we generally use much less image in daily life and what he is doing is evidently on the image side of things for me. :shrug:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don’t think you’re tracking what I posted.