• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thom Yorke

Sunny Ghost

What's his type?? Anyone know enough about the man to take a stab at it? Someone said ISFP, which made me wonder.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ 5w4 sp/sx

Sunny Ghost

I always thought of him as a 4w5. Would anyone elaborate why he's more 5w4 than 4w5, so I can better understand the two? :D

Also, I think I can agree with INFJ. Those were great interviews [MENTION=11448]Komakino[/MENTION]. Thanks. I had difficulty finding one where he wasn't pissed with the interviewer. He seems to have taken a liking to this particular interviewer.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always thought of him as a 4w5. Would anyone elaborate why he's more 5w4 than 4w5, so I can better understand the two? :D

Also, I think I can agree with INFJ. Those were great interviews [MENTION=11448]Komakino[/MENTION]. Thanks. I had difficulty finding one where he wasn't pissed with the interviewer. He seems to have taken a liking to this particular interviewer.
Doesn't indulge in his emotion, but detach; notoriously cold appearence. Lacks the dramatic expression of type 4, schizoid tendencies.

Sunny Ghost

In one interview he touched on how he indulged in his emotions and saw copycats of his style and how that mirrored back, which was what influenced him to, I guess detach from it.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In one interview he touched on how he indulged in his emotions and saw copycats of his style and how that mirrored back, which was what influenced him to, I guess detach from it.

He indulges in his emotions when he is withdrawned. Characteristic of 5.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's by no means a sensor, just gauging from the sort of metaphorical nature in which he answers some of his questions. I'm not sure if it's that interview or another one in which he states that he gets this really raw, unrefined ideas for songs, but doesn't know how to properly mold them into actually finished works or even really interpret them, and that's basically where the other members of Radiohead come into play.

Personally, just from what I've observed from him in interviews and read about him, I'd go with INFJ.

Thom Yorke's descriptions on the creative inspiration for various Radiohead songs:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5s are more prone to feeling overwhelmed by their emotions, where as 4s revel in them.

Yes, they feel overhelmed by their emotions when they are in public, not when they are alone.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
He's typically typed INFJ which seems about right but I've never been 100% certain. He is deeply private, which makes him hard to type but I suppose this in itself an indication of type. He's also rather dark, intense, and introspective, so I'm inclined to say INFX 5w4 sp/sx

Sunny Ghost

"When you were here before
Couldn't look you in the eye
You're just like an angel
Your skin makes me cry
You float like a feather
In a beautiful world
I wish I was special
You're so fucking special

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here

I don't care if it hurts
I want to have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
I want you to notice when I'm not around
I wish I was special"

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Thom is 4w5.
Because?

"When you were here before
Couldn't look you in the eye
You're just like an angel
Your skin makes me cry
You float like a feather
In a beautiful world
I wish I was special

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here

I don't care if it hurts
I want to have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
I want you to notice when I'm not around
I wish I was special"
This is as much evidence of his 5-ness as his 4-ness, and I don't believe in typing by lyrics. Plus, the only time we ever get to see any emotion from Thom is through his songs, like other 5w4 songwriters such as John Lennon or Kurt Cobain. 5w4 deal with their emotions in private. Also, see what Stigmata posted about their song "Street Spirit".

MBTI Type
TITS
Enneagram
7w8
Fi in spades.

Also, I see absolutely no Fe and he seems behind the scenes as opposed to chart the course.

Slightly annoying fella by the way (unrelated to type)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Fi in spades.

Also, I see absolutely no Fe and he seems behind the scenes as opposed to chart the course.

Slightly annoying fella by the way (unrelated to type)

I think Ni is much more prominent with him. He doesn't really care if you don't get the symbolism of his lyrics. An ISFP might work Ni symbolism into their music, but not as one of THE MOST defining features of their lyricism. I think he may get into Ni/Ti loops which is why his Fe isn't as strongly apparent, but I frankly don't see a great deal of Se with him, at least not enough for it to be his aux function.

He has that whole Ni awkward thing going on. He's too much like a floating disembodied head. Besides, all of his outspoken political activism could be quite indicative of Fe, though you may see more Ni/Ti in his music.