• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Famous living Sensers

sundowning

MBTI Type
ISTP
Question marks over these - it's hard to diffrentiate the actor from the part:

Brad Pitt, ESTP
Jason Statham, ISTP
Mark Wahlburg, ESTP
Liam Neeson, ESTJ
Jeremy Irons, ISTP

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
This is "I'mthereforme"...my father's an ESTJ.

Thank you for coming over! :)

I haven't seen much of Dr. Phil's show either, which is a bit strange since I love applied psychology, but something about the man turns me off. I haven't seen him take a perceptive attitude with his guests; all he seems to do is browbeat them into accepting His Truth about their situation. When he's on the money, this is very effective, but when he's not, it's just... :BangHead:

I'm not sure about Dr. Phil...I thought he was ENTJ but now that it's mentioned, he does seem to base many of his judgements on clues people gave him from what was said and the way things were acted, and uses them as proof that one should react in a certain way. My father would also react to something he hears, and base his thoughts and ideas on that, rather than thinking what a certain sentence may imply other than what it directly says, and takes the meaning literally. He likes to deal with facts and if there isn't a concrete reason to do something, or go somewhere, he won't know why someone would want to do it.

This sounds very much like Dr. Phil, although he probably has a wider-ranging catalog of human behavior from which to choose His Truths than your father does.

I think the most likely choice is ESTJ, but I guess he could be ENTJ with underdeveloped Ni. Still unsure.

Incidentally, pinpawn, have you seen the clip I linked to in my last post?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Question marks over these - it's hard to diffrentiate the actor from the part:

Brad Pitt, ESTP
Jason Statham, ISTP
Mark Wahlburg, ESTP
Liam Neeson, ESTJ
Jeremy Irons, ISTP

Thank you, I'll be checking these out (most of them anyway, I have no clue who Jason Statham is). :)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Female ESFP candidates:
Ashley Tisdale
Female ESTP candidates: Maggie Gyllenhaal
Female ISTP candidates: PJ Harvey
Female ESFJ candidates: Katie Couric
Female ISTJ candidates: Hillary Clinton

Male ESFP candidates:
Chris Klein
Male ISFP candidates: Prince is to ISFPs as Einstein is to INTPs
Male ESTP candidates: Steve-O
Male ESFJ candidates: Clay Aiken
Male ISFJ candidates: It's hard to think of famous ISFJs
Male ESTJ candidates: Dr. Phil, probably, though could be ENTJ
Male ISTJ candidates: Angry Nintendo Nerd Bruce Willis is an introverted SP
Male ISTP candidates: Clint Eastwood

linked the ones that might not be as recognizable by name

pinpawn

MBTI Type
INTP
Incidentally, pinpawn, have you seen the clip I linked to in my last post?

I did, but the problem is that I don't know what Dr. Phil said to make the man angry....although if he was assuming that something was wrong with the man for acting in a certain way without understanding why he might act in such a way, it would probably take away some of his N credibility. I think Dr. Phil might have got the picture there that he might have said something wrong, which would show that he could see things from another person's perspective....but if he sees that someone is annoyed about something and doesn't realize why, I don't know if it would be because he understands, as a fact, that the person could be annoyed at something and respects that (if he does), or if he *feels* the understanding that someone might feel that way, even if he's not in that situation. (Then again, he seemed to think the guy was getting sensitive...but if he realized what happened, this might have been a once in a while blunder by Dr. Phil, and he still might usually understand things from other people's perspectives....he seems to accurately describe why people act or feel the way they do in other episodes, and they tell him he's exactly right.)

The clip seems to suggest that Dr. Phil was incapable of putting himself in that man's shoes and understand where he might have been coming from (it seemed like Dr. Phil just drew a conclusion from the man's behavior without seeing the hidden reasons)...but after seeing the man's reaction, if Dr. Phil was able to realize he was wrong (not just for making a fool of the man, but for actually feeling that there could be another genuine perspective) then he might have more N in him. (Sometimes, my father might let someone around him act in a way he doesn't think makes sense, out of respect and love, and some of those times I can't be sure if, when he's doing it for me, for instance, he actually understands why I might think about something in a certain perspective and lets me act by it, or if he's just letting me do it so I won't be bothered, even though he doesn't know why I'm acting that way.)

And while Dr. Phil usually (from what I've seen) makes firm decisions based on facts, this doesn't necessarily mean that he's incapable of understanding underlying messages in the situation, or different perspectives....but it might just show what the most reasonable way to react would be in spite of those, in his opinion. But I'm not sure. (I wonder the same about my father....sometimes the decision based on a fact is the better way to go, so when he does that, I don't know whether he actually saw both the tangible and nontangible factors and decided that the tangible were more essential, or if he just saw the tangible and didn't think the untangible was important.....I believe my father is capable of seeing underlying factors if he looks and could understand untangible reasons someone might do something, but simply leans more towards practical courses of action and thinking, and favors them. If that's true for Dr. Phil, then he probably is an S...I'm starting to think he's an S more than N again).

EDIT (afterthought): Thinking about the clip more, Dr. Phil didn't seem to get why the guy was angry at him which suggests S, but to be more fair we'd have to know exactly what went on beforehand.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about athletes? I don't follow sports much, but surely. Or famous dancers? Skateboarders? :D Tony Hawk?

Jean Valjean

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, I made it. The main trait I can use to describe my father is irritating. He doesn't care about giving the reason for anything. He just wants you to do it without question. He needs to feel he's God come in the flesh and his word is law. I even try to comment to the other side, it turns into a discussion like this, "What in God's name is wrong with you?!" "You're so stupid!" "THINK!!!" (his favorite argument, that I don't think)

Anyways, I don't watch much Doctor Phil, but I have seen Judge Judy on occasion. She's the female version of my dad to a T, and she has a gavel. She can't tolerate anyone stepping out of line. When she speaks, she has to have the floor and it's an offense against the natural order of things if you say anything out of turn. She'll berate anyone she thinks has done something stupid. "Grow up!!!" and "Get a grip!!!!" are some of her favorite thing to say because anyone in her courtroom is a little child that needs to be admonished by their moral superior.

My boss, I think is an ESTJ also, though not as bad. She's the manager of a fast food joint where I cook at. I can get all my orders out in double time, but I'm not doing my job if the ketchup bottles are not filled. She's definitely detail oriented and very organized. She also does not hesitate to yell out orders when she's rushed, much to the chagrin of an INTJ like myself.

One of my coworkers, is a very strong ESTJ also. In the past few weeks, he felt the need to order me around like a five year old because he doesn't know if I remember how to do my job! In my opinion, it's a fast food joint, how hard can it be to wash dishes and mop floors? Anyways, my protests go unheard because he honestly believes he's in the right, which is odd considering he's completely incompetent at his own job. The Desert Fox, Erwin Rommel, once said that dumb and ambitious people are dangerous, and need to be got rid of.

Well, my comments turned into a long rant. I guess -STJ's are rampant in my life. I hope you got something out of that!:)

pinpawn

MBTI Type
INTP
I've seen Judge Judy before, and I agree. She's probably a stereotypical ESTJ.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh yeah, that's Judge Judy to a T. Dr. Laura too.

LadyInWaiting

MBTI Type
INFP
Beyonce is a famous female ESFP and I think she is admired by people. I have had many ESFP friends and both of my parents are ESFPs. I think she is an ESFP because:

ESFPs are always performing, whether the audience is one or one hundred. Yet they can also be pretty cool and laidback. People gravitate towards them in social situations. They are also very generous with loved ones. They are often very ambitious, wanting to be successful, and usually it is in some aesthetically-oriented field (design, modeling, acting, teaching combined with performing). Beyonce aims for being successful in as many aesthetic fields as she possibly can. SPs tend to be more graceful and in tune with their bodies than any of the other types. Looks are very important to ESFPs, how they look to others, how others look to them. They can get along with all kinds of people. They can be very sensitive although like all SPs they'll often say they don't care what others think. They are usually very warm. ESFP women are usually stereotypically feminine and play up their features, and Beyonce does this a lot. There is nothing tomboy about her.

LadyInWaiting

MBTI Type
INFP
Well, since the first one went so well, I'll try again. I think you can remove the question mark, Madonna is definitely an ESTP.

According to David Keirsey, ESTPs are promoting. Madonna is not the best singer, dancer or the best-looking woman, but she is a master of self-promotion. ESTPs are often trend-setters in Sensing-related endeavors, and Madonna helped revolutionize music videos and fashion. She also did a lot to make techno more mainstream. According to Linda Berens, SPs thrive on variety. They like to try as many things as possible, especially the extroverted SPs. Madonna never stays with one style for too long, and is a risk-taker. She's tried everything, including writing children's books. I have personally observed that ESTPs often have a childlike quality about them, not innocent so much as impish. Yet they are quite calculating. In recent years, Madonna has made noticeable attempts to appear "grown-up", even changing the way she speaks, and expressing opinions on politics and parenting. I think she is a T because she is not sensitive, and she does not make any decisions for "personal" reasons. She's tough, and does not exhibit emotional devastation even in the face of adversity, unlike SFPs like Britney Spears. She fancies herself to be a woman of business, and with regard to her sexual proclivities, she's more than just free-spirited, she's aggressive. She's not at all stereotypically feminine, but does use her sex as a tool. SPs are most concerned with making an impact, and that is certainly true of Madonna. But that's the way she is with everything. She has a direct, in-charge way of interacting with people, and according to the Interaction Styles theory, that is the way ESTPs prefer to communicate.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dr. Phil an ESTJ? That's a pretty uncommon type for psychologists. Though, of course, he's not a very good one.

Some famous Sensors with their speculated Enneagram:

Paris Hilton: ESFJ, 3w2
Vin Diesel: ISTP, 7w8
Avril Lavigne: ESTP, 7w6
Halle Berry: ESFP, 3w4
Pat Robertson: ESTJ, 6w5
Hilary Duff: ESFP, 3w2
Lindsay Lohan: ESFP, 7w6
Kathy Bates: ESFJ, 2w3

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
Anybody mention Donald Trump yet? He seems quite ESTP to me.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anybody mention Donald Trump yet? He seems quite ESTP to me.

I think I brought him up in another thread, and yes, he seems like a quintessential ESTP.

Dr. Phil an ESTJ? That's a pretty uncommon type for psychologists. Though, of course, he's not a very good one.

lol, well, I think he's good at what he does[/] do. He's not really a psychologist, he's more like a "life manager" or "life coach" -- just less of the encouraging sort of coach and more of the one that makes you run the hundred and fifty laps because it's what you need to do to lose the weight that will eventually kill you. [Tough Lovin']

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Female ISTP candidates: Hillary Swank?
Male ESTP: Evil Kneivel
Although you left out Male ISTP: Burt Reynolds, Clint Eastwood
Bruce Willis- or is he ISFJ? He may be introverted, but I was thinking ESTP, or at least ISP. He doesn't appear stiff and rigid like ISJs.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jason Statham is supposedly an ENFJ. I've read that ENFJ actors like to play as their opposites, so that's why he probably seems like an ISTP.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Most the US presidents in the 20th century and the majority of the Senate and the House.

LadyInWaiting

MBTI Type
INFP
Another Famous Living Sensor, a good example:

ISTP: Christopher Michael Langan, the so-called "Smartest Man in America". Called this primarily because he has an IQ around 200.