User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by LadyInWaiting View Post
    Beyonce is a famous female ESFP and I think she is admired by people. I have had many ESFP friends and both of my parents are ESFPs. I think she is an ESFP because:

ESFPs are always performing, whether the audience is one or one hundred. Yet they can also be pretty cool and laidback. People gravitate towards them in social situations. They are also very generous with loved ones. They are often very ambitious, wanting to be successful, and usually it is in some aesthetically-oriented field (design, modeling, acting, teaching combined with performing). Beyonce aims for being successful in as many aesthetic fields as she possibly can. SPs tend to be more graceful and in tune with their bodies than any of the other types. Looks are very important to ESFPs, how they look to others, how others look to them. They can get along with all kinds of people. They can be very sensitive although like all SPs they'll often say they don't care what others think. They are usually very warm. ESFP women are usually stereotypically feminine and play up their features, and Beyonce does this a lot. There is nothing tomboy about her.
    Beyonce's ISFP. If you've read or watched any of her interviews you can tell she's quiet and is only placed in the spotlight because of her puppetmaster father (ESTJ)?. When Beyonce's on stage, she calls herself Sasha because she's said she's very shy and would it takes a lot of effort for her to perform. If you can, watch Destiny's Child Behind the Music or her MTV Diary. I saw them a while ago, but it's very clear she's an introvert.

So is Christina Aguliera, btw.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Beyonce's ISFP. If you've read or watched any of her interviews you can tell she's quiet and is only placed in the spotlight because of her puppetmaster father (ESTJ)?. When Beyonce's on stage, she calls herself Sasha because she's said she's very shy and would it takes a lot of effort for her to perform. If you can, watch Destiny's Child Behind the Music or her MTV Diary. I saw them a while ago, but it's very clear she's an introvert.
    Damn. *removes Beyonce from the ESFP slot in the OP*

So is Christina Aguliera, btw.
    Definitely. She's mentioned in the OP too.

most really succesful people tend to be I's, I think, because that kind of success and determination seems to require a lot of focusing mainly on oneself. It's the lower grade celebrities who are E's.
    dead man talking

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ? View Post
    Bruce Willis- or is he ISFJ? He may be introverted, but I was thinking ESTP, or at least ISP. He doesn't appear stiff and rigid like ISJs.
    Hmm. I'm sure of the I. Watch him and Halle Berry interview each other. (Yes, HB does say he likes to improvise and that he is a naturally funny, off-the-cuff guy, but my gut really says ISXJ.) What say you?

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Qui Parla View Post
    most really succesful people tend to be I's, I think, because that kind of success and determination seems to require a lot of focusing mainly on oneself. It's the lower grade celebrities who are E's.
    Gee thanks

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Gee thanks
    I wouldn't call extroverts lower-grade. Some of them are quite talented...

It's just that extroversion gives a big boost to someone's ability to self-promote and attract attention and use their skills outwardly. So in some ways, they can get by with "less skill" because the rest compensates ("the squeaky wheel gets the attention, even if the wheel is ill-formed")... but it doesn't say they aren't talented.

(For extroverted singers, I think of Celine Dion -- probably ENFP. But a *big* E! That woman just grabs everyone's attention in the room and burns as bright as Chicago.)

Introverts usually need some help from others for the self-promotion; they often need to be recognized, then groomed and others to book them and get them attention. But they also possess more clarity of identity, and more internalized focus and direction in many ways. That self-containment can become very useful, in terms of building skill.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Hmm. I'm sure of the I. Watch him and Halle Berry interview each other. (Yes, HB does say he likes to improvise and that he is a naturally funny, off-the-cuff guy, but my gut really says ISXJ.) What say you?
    i am in the same boat.

He has some SP demeanor about him, definitely; but he so often portrays the "protector" role in how he approaches things and how he deals with people, so my gut says ISxJ. Still, SPs raised in certain environments can hold firm to the belief/values systems they were taught, so they can come off as J types in their belief structure or seem opinionated under the surface, while maintaining their SP "freewheeling" behavior.

(I have an uncle in law like this -- he is so ESTP in personality, but he was raised in a fundamentalist home and has very SJ-like religious beliefs, in how he approaches them and discusses them. I don't like talking to him much about anything involving beliefs, because of this.)

It would be interesting to find out more about Willis' childhood and what the context was -- to see if he was forced to develop certain functions that wouldn't have been natural otherwise.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I wouldn't call extroverts lower-grade. Some of them are quite talented...

It's just that extroversion gives a big boost to someone's ability to self-promote and attract attention and use their skills outwardly. So in some ways, they can get by with "less skill" because the rest compensates ("the squeaky wheel gets the attention, even if the wheel is ill-formed")... but it doesn't say they aren't talented.

(For extroverted singers, I think of Celine Dion -- probably ENFP. But a *big* E! That woman just grabs everyone's attention in the room and burns as bright as Chicago.)

Introverts usually need some help from others for the self-promotion; they often need to be recognized, then groomed and others to book them and get them attention. But they also possess more clarity of identity, and more internalized focus and direction in many ways. That self-containment can become very useful, in terms of building skill.

I don't think it's just this. I think an introvert is more likely to be able to focus on their personal plans. An IXXJ especially. Being EXXJ is probably compensated for by the J, and being IXXP is probably held back by the P, so, no need for anyone to get offended. Unless you you are EXXP. In which case, be offended. They tend to go for "exposure" above substance. EJ's go for both. IP's, neither. S

So in a way Protean, you rule and I suck! Happy now?
    dead man talking

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by LadyInWaiting View Post
    Another Famous Living Sensor, a good example:

ISTP: Christopher Michael Langan, the so-called "Smartest Man in America". Called this primarily because he has an IQ around 200.
    Hmmm...I've never heard of this guy, but it proves that Sensors have higher IQs, too!

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Qui Parla View Post
    I don't think it's just this. I think an introvert is more likely to be able to focus on their personal plans. An IXXJ especially. Being EXXJ is probably compensated for by the J, and being IXXP is probably held back by the P, so, no need for anyone to get offended. Unless you you are EXXP. In which case, be offended. They tend to go for "exposure" above substance. EJ's go for both. IP's, neither. S

So in a way Protean, you rule and I suck! Happy now?
    Yes, very thank you

I