User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Question marks over these - it's hard to diffrentiate the actor from the part:

Brad Pitt, ESTP
    Jason Statham, ISTP
    Mark Wahlburg, ESTP
    Liam Neeson, ESTJ
    Jeremy Irons, ISTP

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by pinpawn View Post
    This is "I'mthereforme"...my father's an ESTJ.
    Thank you for coming over!

I haven't seen much of Dr. Phil's show either, which is a bit strange since I love applied psychology, but something about the man turns me off. I haven't seen him take a perceptive attitude with his guests; all he seems to do is browbeat them into accepting His Truth about their situation. When he's on the money, this is very effective, but when he's not, it's just...

I'm not sure about Dr. Phil...I thought he was ENTJ but now that it's mentioned, he does seem to base many of his judgements on clues people gave him from what was said and the way things were acted, and uses them as proof that one should react in a certain way. My father would also react to something he hears, and base his thoughts and ideas on that, rather than thinking what a certain sentence may imply other than what it directly says, and takes the meaning literally. He likes to deal with facts and if there isn't a concrete reason to do something, or go somewhere, he won't know why someone would want to do it.
    This sounds very much like Dr. Phil, although he probably has a wider-ranging catalog of human behavior from which to choose His Truths than your father does.

I think the most likely choice is ESTJ, but I guess he could be ENTJ with underdeveloped Ni. Still unsure.

Incidentally, pinpawn, have you seen the clip I linked to in my last post?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sundowning View Post
    Question marks over these - it's hard to diffrentiate the actor from the part:

Brad Pitt, ESTP
    Jason Statham, ISTP
    Mark Wahlburg, ESTP
    Liam Neeson, ESTJ
    Jeremy Irons, ISTP
    Thank you, I'll be checking these out (most of them anyway, I have no clue who Jason Statham is).

MBTI
    ENTP

Female ESFP candidates:
    Ashley Tisdale
    Female ESTP candidates: Maggie Gyllenhaal
    Female ISTP candidates: PJ Harvey
    Female ESFJ candidates: Katie Couric
    Female ISTJ candidates: Hillary Clinton

Male ESFP candidates:
    Chris Klein
    Male ISFP candidates: Prince is to ISFPs as Einstein is to INTPs
    Male ESTP candidates: Steve-O
    Male ESFJ candidates: Clay Aiken
    Male ISFJ candidates: It's hard to think of famous ISFJs
    Male ESTJ candidates: Dr. Phil, probably, though could be ENTJ
    Male ISTJ candidates: Angry Nintendo Nerd Bruce Willis is an introverted SP
    Male ISTP candidates: Clint Eastwood

linked the ones that might not be as recognizable by name

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Incidentally, pinpawn, have you seen the clip I linked to in my last post?
    I did, but the problem is that I don't know what Dr. Phil said to make the man angry....although if he was assuming that something was wrong with the man for acting in a certain way without understanding why he might act in such a way, it would probably take away some of his N credibility. I think Dr. Phil might have got the picture there that he might have said something wrong, which would show that he could see things from another person's perspective....but if he sees that someone is annoyed about something and doesn't realize why, I don't know if it would be because he understands, as a fact, that the person could be annoyed at something and respects that (if he does), or if he *feels* the understanding that someone might feel that way, even if he's not in that situation. (Then again, he seemed to think the guy was getting sensitive...but if he realized what happened, this might have been a once in a while blunder by Dr. Phil, and he still might usually understand things from other people's perspectives....he seems to accurately describe why people act or feel the way they do in other episodes, and they tell him he's exactly right.)

The clip seems to suggest that Dr. Phil was incapable of putting himself in that man's shoes and understand where he might have been coming from (it seemed like Dr. Phil just drew a conclusion from the man's behavior without seeing the hidden reasons)...but after seeing the man's reaction, if Dr. Phil was able to realize he was wrong (not just for making a fool of the man, but for actually feeling that there could be another genuine perspective) then he might have more N in him. (Sometimes, my father might let someone around him act in a way he doesn't think makes sense, out of respect and love, and some of those times I can't be sure if, when he's doing it for me, for instance, he actually understands why I might think about something in a certain perspective and lets me act by it, or if he's just letting me do it so I won't be bothered, even though he doesn't know why I'm acting that way.)

And while Dr. Phil usually (from what I've seen) makes firm decisions based on facts, this doesn't necessarily mean that he's incapable of understanding underlying messages in the situation, or different perspectives....but it might just show what the most reasonable way to react would be in spite of those, in his opinion. But I'm not sure. (I wonder the same about my father....sometimes the decision based on a fact is the better way to go, so when he does that, I don't know whether he actually saw both the tangible and nontangible factors and decided that the tangible were more essential, or if he just saw the tangible and didn't think the untangible was important.....I believe my father is capable of seeing underlying factors if he looks and could understand untangible reasons someone might do something, but simply leans more towards practical courses of action and thinking, and favors them. If that's true for Dr. Phil, then he probably is an S...I'm starting to think he's an S more than N again).

EDIT (afterthought): Thinking about the clip more, Dr. Phil didn't seem to get why the guy was angry at him which suggests S, but to be more fair we'd have to know exactly what went on beforehand.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

What about athletes? I don't follow sports much, but surely. Or famous dancers? Skateboarders? Tony Hawk?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, I made it. The main trait I can use to describe my father is irritating. He doesn't care about giving the reason for anything. He just wants you to do it without question. He needs to feel he's God come in the flesh and his word is law. I even try to comment to the other side, it turns into a discussion like this, "What in God's name is wrong with you?!" "You're so stupid!" "THINK!!!" (his favorite argument, that I don't think)

Anyways, I don't watch much Doctor Phil, but I have seen Judge Judy on occasion. She's the female version of my dad to a T, and she has a gavel. She can't tolerate anyone stepping out of line. When she speaks, she has to have the floor and it's an offense against the natural order of things if you say anything out of turn. She'll berate anyone she thinks has done something stupid. "Grow up!!!" and "Get a grip!!!!" are some of her favorite thing to say because anyone in her courtroom is a little child that needs to be admonished by their moral superior.

My boss, I think is an ESTJ also, though not as bad. She's the manager of a fast food joint where I cook at. I can get all my orders out in double time, but I'm not doing my job if the ketchup bottles are not filled. She's definitely detail oriented and very organized. She also does not hesitate to yell out orders when she's rushed, much to the chagrin of an INTJ like myself.

One of my coworkers, is a very strong ESTJ also. In the past few weeks, he felt the need to order me around like a five year old because he doesn't know if I remember how to do my job! In my opinion, it's a fast food joint, how hard can it be to wash dishes and mop floors? Anyways, my protests go unheard because he honestly believes he's in the right, which is odd considering he's completely incompetent at his own job. The Desert Fox, Erwin Rommel, once said that dumb and ambitious people are dangerous, and need to be got rid of.

Well, my comments turned into a long rant. I guess -STJ's are rampant in my life. I hope you got something out of that!

MBTI
    INTP

I've seen Judge Judy before, and I agree. She's probably a stereotypical ESTJ.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Oh yeah, that's Judge Judy to a T. Dr. Laura too.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I have no clue who Jason Statham is).
    Check this.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?