• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nardwuar's Type?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Despite coming across as a shrill troll, he has a way of getting under people's skin OR endearing himself to people. In some cases it's funny to see how he's able to get people to drop facades, for instance he is completely unintimidated by Rollins and Rollins practically drops his usual tough punk poet act by the end of the interview. This was impressive to me, as Rollins has a reputation for being very sharp and quick on the draw in dealing with lazy journalists.

Beyond the supposed trolling style of his interviews, he shows a tendency to do a lot of research on his subjects, often impressing them with very obscure facts

Wikipedia said:
Nardwuar does extensive research on the interviewee to confuse, scare or impress them. In 'Nardwuar Vs Skrillex', he produced the first CD Skrillex was ever featured on as Sonny Moore. Skrillex then questioned his manager and then-girlfriend, Ellie Goulding, during the interview who revealed she did not know that era of Skrillex's past. During an interview with Pharrell Williams from N.E.R.D., Nardwuar pulled out a vinyl record featuring the very first recorded track by Pharrell, causing him to pause and say, "This is one of the most impressive interviews I've ever experienced in my life. Seriously." Later in the same interview, Pharrell said, "Your research is second-to-none. Second-to-none."

Thoughts on his type? (and I could give two shits about the types of pretentious punk hacks Lydia Lunch or Rollins, so please don't reply 'welp not really sure about nardwuar but Rollins is definitely XXXX')

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He does have a TP vibe to me. Hearing about the extensive research makes me think Ti-dom. He feels ISTP to me but I can see someone making a case for INTP. ISTPs have the same function pairing as INFJs and in my impresssion can have that social insight, although I've known INTPs who could brilliantly manipulate socially but their approach was primarily linguistic and not based on reading emotion nuance. I could be convinced of any of the TP types for him with more information.

Maybe ENTP
Higher Fe but Ne can also be research obsessed like Ti.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for the insight.

Another thing I failed to notice before is how every interview is titled/framed as "Nardwuar vs…" which is likely at least partially intended as a joke, yet it is also somewhat indicative of his semi-confrontational interview style.