User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 11

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    MBTI
    XXXP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    5

    Default Fruits Basket (Manga & 2019 reboot only)

    I love this series so much, please tell me I'm not the only one who thought up the typings of all the characters? Here's my complete list, note that this thread will contain manga spoilers as I'll be typing characters who have yet to appear in the anime. / in front of tritypes indicates either or.

    Tohru: an SFJ or an NF, 9w1, 9w1-2/3w2-6w7/7w6 so/sx
    Yuki: IXFX or a repressed ENFJ, 1w9, 1w9-4w3/2w3-6w5 so/sx
    Kyo: an STJ or an SP, maybe even an ISFJ, 1w2, 1w2-cp6w7-4w3/3w4, sp/sx or sp/so
    Shigure: INXX or an ENTX, most likely an INFJ as the functions fit the best (Most likely on the Fe-Ti and Ni-Se axises however I can also see him in a Fi-Si loop with his attachment to the dream, i.e. INFP if we're taking Fi to mean just always being true/sure of your feelings rather than just having good morals), Either a balanced 4 or a 5w4, 4-5w4-8w9/9w8, sx/sp
    Kagura: EXFJ, 1w2, 1w2-2/3w2-7w6, so/sx
    Momiji: ENFP, 9w8, 9w8-7w6-4w3/2w3, so/sx
    Haru: IXXP, some type of ISXP most likely but I can also see INXP due to his spaciness and tendency for getting lost. 9w8, 9w8-4w3-6w7/7w6, sx/so
    Hatori: IXTJ or an ISFJ, 1w9, 1w9-5w6/6w5-2w1, so/sp? so/sx? sp/sx? sp/so??
    Ayame: ESXP could also be an ENFP, I see a lot of Ne there what with his rambling tangeants and use of big words, 3w2, 3w2-7-8w7, sx/so or so/sx
    Ritsu: ISFX or an INFP, 9w1, 9w1-6w7-4, so/sp
    Kisa: ISFX or INFP, 9w1, 9w1-6w7-4, so/sp
    Hiro: ESTJ or ENTP, cp6w7, cp6w7-1w2-3w4/4w3, sp/sx
    Rin: ISXP or INFX, cp6w5, cp6w5-1w9/8w9-4w5, sx/so
    Kureno: ISFJ most likely but he gives off INFP vibes as well, 9w1, 9w1-7w6/6w7/-4/2w1?, so/sx
    Akito: ISFX, INFP, EXFJ or an ESTJ, either a 2 or a 4w3, 2/4w3-cp6w5-8w7/1w9, so/sx or so/sp
    Uo: an STP or an ESTJ, 8w7, 8w7-cp6w7-3w2, sp/sx
    Saki: INXX most likely an INFJ what with her incredibly strong Ni and Fe, 4w5, 4w5-5w4-9w8/8w9/1w9, sx/so
    Kakeru: EXTP or an ESFP, 7w8, 7w8-8w7-4w3, sx/sp
    Machi: INXP or an ISXX, 9w8, 9w8-5w6/6w5-4w5, sp/sx
    Kazuma: IXFJ, 1w9, 1w9-2w1-7w6, so/sp
    Kyoko: ENFJ or an ESFP, 8w7, 8w7-cp6w7-2w3/4w3, sx/so
    Katsuya: INXJ, 3w4, 3w4-8w9-5w4, sp/sx
    Ren: EXFJ, INXJ, ENTJ or a vastly corrupted ISFJ, 2w3 or 4w3, 2w3/4w3/8-5w4 or cp6w5, sx/so
    Nao: XSTJ, 1w2, 1w2-6w5-2w1, sp/so
    Mayu: XSTJ, ISTP, or an ISFJ, 1w2, 1w2-2w1-6??, sp/so or sp/sx
    Motoko: ESXJ, 2w3, 2w3-7w8-8w7, so/sx
    Kimi: ENTP, ENTJ, or an ESXP, 3w2, 3w2-7w8-8w7, sp/so

  2. #2
    Inactive For A Bit RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    639 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    983

    Default

    It's been awhile since I've watched fruits basket, but I think I recall the main characters enough to provide a bit of input. I might re-look over the manga to recall the other characters in more depth.

    Tohru: ESFJ 9w1 2w3 6w7 so/sp (I'd buy so/sx I suppose as a secondary possibility I guess since she certainly puts others ahead of herself and physical saftey; She doesn't really seem to show that sx gravitation to any particular character, until the end when her formal love interest is established nor the intense mergy-ness that sx can have with 9 in my opinion. She doesn't come across as triple positive outlook to me either. She seems to embody the "good samaritan" archetype well. I say E over I just because 9 is a very withdrawn type, and being that she seems relatively ambiverted, I figured that E would be more likely).

    Yuki: I can see what you have there, I'd buy Pi dom over extrovert, Si or Ni is not clear to me. the tritype and order work too, I'd only say 3w? instead for the heart fix since he seems relatively competency oriented).

    Kyo: I always pegged him as a cp6w7 core, 6w7 8w? 3w4 sp/sx (I'd buy sx blind as well). I'd be curious on your argument for 1w2, he comes across double reactive at the very least and I'm not seeing 146 tritype since he sort of is evasive of feelings in the way 4 typically isn't.

    Shigure: I pegged him ExFP 9w8/4w3 7w6 so/sp (I lean towards ENFP). He doesn't seem triple withdrawn to me, perhaps an introvert could work, but he seems to hit the line ambivert line too much for triple withdrawn. I feel relatively confident about him being at least 9 fixed, he's confrontational but he doesn't really go out of his way to be so, nor does he seem to have trouble controlling his anger in the slightest. I feel pretty confident in saying 4w3 over 4w5 just because he has a certain degree of charisma and tends to present himself as more playful/unassuming then he really is internally. I'd be curious where you think sx or soc blind, maybe myself being sx blind I missed it?
    -
    “My deplorable mania for analysis exhausts me. I doubt everything, even my doubt.” Gustave Flaubert

  3. #3
    Fangtastic🌒🌕🌘 Feline The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    479 sx/so
    Posts
    18,816

    Default

    Ayame ESFP

    Weep not poor children
    For life is this way
    Murdering beauty and passions

    ESFP 4w3 7w8 9w8 sx/so
    Se>Fi>Si>Fe>Te>Ni=Ne>Ti

    I like my town with a little drop of poison:
    Nobody knows, they're lining up to go insane...

    Likes RadicalDoubt liked this post

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    MBTI
    XXXP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalDoubt View Post
    It's been awhile since I've watched fruits basket, but I think I recall the main characters enough to provide a bit of input. I might re-look over the manga to recall the other characters in more depth.

    Tohru: ESFJ 9w1 2w3 6w7 so/sp (I'd buy so/sx I suppose as a secondary possibility I guess since she certainly puts others ahead of herself and physical saftey; She doesn't really seem to show that sx gravitation to any particular character, until the end when her formal love interest is established nor the intense mergy-ness that sx can have with 9 in my opinion. She doesn't come across as triple positive outlook to me either. She seems to embody the "good samaritan" archetype well. I say E over I just because 9 is a very withdrawn type, and being that she seems relatively ambiverted, I figured that E would be more likely).

    Yuki: I can see what you have there, I'd buy Pi dom over extrovert, Si or Ni is not clear to me. the tritype and order work too, I'd only say 3w? instead for the heart fix since he seems relatively competency oriented).

    Kyo: I always pegged him as a cp6w7 core, 6w7 8w? 3w4 sp/sx (I'd buy sx blind as well). I'd be curious on your argument for 1w2, he comes across double reactive at the very least and I'm not seeing 146 tritype since he sort of is evasive of feelings in the way 4 typically isn't.

    Shigure: I pegged him ExFP 9w8/4w3 7w6 so/sp (I lean towards ENFP). He doesn't seem triple withdrawn to me, perhaps an introvert could work, but he seems to hit the line ambivert line too much for triple withdrawn. I feel relatively confident about him being at least 9 fixed, he's confrontational but he doesn't really go out of his way to be so, nor does he seem to have trouble controlling his anger in the slightest. I feel pretty confident in saying 4w3 over 4w5 just because he has a certain degree of charisma and tends to present himself as more playful/unassuming then he really is internally. I'd be curious where you think sx or soc blind, maybe myself being sx blind I missed it?
    Have you only watched the 01 anime or are you typing based on the reboot? Cause it feels like some of your typings are 01 based when this is strictly a reboot/manga thread. ^^; (Some of the characters are completely different characters from 01 anime to manga such as Shigure for example) Let me go down one by one:

    Tohru
    Yeah you got Tohru pretty spot on, I'm still iffy on ESFJ being one of her possible typings cause she doesn't really "act" like the stereotypical ESFJ. An ESFJ is someone more like Kagura for example, Tohru seems way too laid back and non-judgemental for an ESFJ, yet I only included that type cause maybe her Ennea core being a 9w1 is what mellows her out. She'd definitely be sp blind, I mean the series literally starts with her living in a tent and her seeing no problem with that lol.

    Yuki
    This is where I feel you're typing based more on the 01 anime than the reboot, Yuki definitely has a strong 3 wing what with his whole "perfect prince" facade but if you've watched the reboot/read the manga you'll know that his main conflict is wanting to be loved and appreciated for who he is and he hates having to put up such a fake performance, he's always envied Kyo cause Kyo is able to attract people towards him just being himself. That would definitely be either a 4w3 or a 2w3.

    Kyo
    My giving Kyo a 1w2 type is based on his main struggle throughout the series which is his major guilt complex over causing his mother
    death. Kyo struggles with his "true form" and the fact that he's been told over and over by those around him that he's a monster, so much so that he's internalized that message and I would say his biggest fear is that he's really a monster/"bad" person inside as well as out. For his heart type... tbh that's the type I had most trouble choosing, he doesn't really fit into any of the heart types? 3w4 or 4w3 seemed like the closest but the image triad is definitely his weakest area in his tritype.

    Shigure
    This is where I feel you're REALLY off, the way you type Shigure here sounds like you're basing it off the 01 anime am I correct? No way would manga/reboot Shigure be an EXFP (I agree that's a accurate typing for his 01 anime self though) nor would his head type be a 7w6 (far more likely to be a 7w8 if it is a 7) your variants are probably the most off for him, I actually put him as sx-dom and so-blind because, well... if you've read the manga or even watched the new anime up to episode 10 you'll see where his main motivation lies. (Hint it has something to do with romantic love) You should probably look over the manga for Shigure cause you can't even really begin to understand him unless you know his full story, however his story is a spoiler just in and of itself so it'd be pointless for me to write it all out if you're an anime only XD

    I will say though that your full typing for him is spot on for his 01 persona, it's just well... him and reboot/manga Shigure are as different as night and day, might as well be different characters just wearing the same face.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    MBTI
    XXXP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Ayame ESFP
    Agreed, ESFP or ESTP possibly even ENFP since he seems to have high Ne. Thoughts on the others?

  6. #6
    Fangtastic🌒🌕🌘 Feline The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    479 sx/so
    Posts
    18,816

    Default

    No real thoughts on the others. I don't see all this alleged ne everyone else seems so focused on.

    Weep not poor children
    For life is this way
    Murdering beauty and passions

    ESFP 4w3 7w8 9w8 sx/so
    Se>Fi>Si>Fe>Te>Ni=Ne>Ti

    I like my town with a little drop of poison:
    Nobody knows, they're lining up to go insane...


  7. #7
    Inactive For A Bit RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    639 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsundereshipper View Post
    Have you only watched the 01 anime or are you typing based on the reboot? Cause it feels like some of your typings are 01 based when this is strictly a reboot/manga thread. ^^;
    No, I've only read the manga. I didn't watch the 01 anime (because it was trash lol) and haven't watched the reboot either (which from what I've glanced at, follows the manga quite well). Nonetheless, relooking through the manga (which I haven't touched in 10 years and, frankly, thought I remembered a lot better than I did), I'm realizing some of my errors in thinking, specifically with Shigure (ie. 11 year old me really liked Shigure and apparently decided to iron over specific story details lol). For some reason, most of my memory of Shigure came down to his "lazy gut energy," now that I've re-studied I'm in a much better standing to type him.


    Yeah you got Tohru pretty spot on, I'm still iffy on ESFJ being one of her possible typings cause she doesn't really "act" like the stereotypical ESFJ. An ESFJ is someone more like Kagura for example, Tohru seems way too laid back and non-judgemental for an ESFJ, yet I only included that type cause maybe her Ennea core being a 9w1 is what mellows her out. She'd definitely be sp blind, I mean the series literally starts with her living in a tent and her seeing no problem with that lol.
    I wouldn't focus so much on stereotype there, ESFJ as a type is relatively versatile. ISFJ is also stereotyped to be (covertly) judgmental stereotypically. I think an ESFJ vs ISFJ would sort of depend on where or not you're going off the cognitive functions or dichotomies. By the cognitive functions, while both her Ti and Ne are virtually non-existent, I'd argue I see more Ne than Ti in the fact that her Ti is just that bad; She's completely selfless, she often follows her guilt/burden complex in her dealings with others rather than anything else (ie. back to the tent argument). She's laid back, but relatively high energy (ie. her work ethic and relative enthusiasm). She's very non-judgmental and laid back, but those are sort of core traits of e9. I'd argue that being judgmental is not a core trait of ESFJ (or Fe). Nonetheless, by dichotomies, she'd probably be a weak I rather than E. Touru is tough in that sort of regime.

    So/sp vs so/sx I'd argue is a tough call because she does the tent thing but also has no sign of sx whatsoever, I'd argue her focus is too broad for Sx. Then again her sp is also kind of non-existent, outside of the fact that she's relatively withholding of personal information (ie. not even her friends knew she was living in the tent because she didn't want outside influence or help regarding that) and, despite her lack of ability to focus on her health over others, she tends to focus a lot on self sufficiency (ie. she was prepared to live on her own without asking help from anyone, which as a polarized phobic 6 fixer is sort of unheard of, taking on the actual workload in addition to school that she does). In terms of syn vs contra flow, so/sp is more likely to be very so and not as clearly sp being that it is a contra type then so/sx. Again though, I think outside of her being incredibly soc, so/sp vs so/sx isn't clear.


    This is where I feel you're typing based more on the 01 anime than the reboot, Yuki definitely has a strong 3 wing what with his whole "perfect prince" facade but if you've watched the reboot/read the manga you'll know that his main conflict is wanting to be loved and appreciated for who he is and he hates having to put up such a fake performance, he's always envied Kyo cause Kyo is able to attract people towards him just being himself. That would definitely be either a 4w3 or a 2w3.
    I definitely recall that, I'd argue that that fear isn't disparate from 3w4 as you'd think. 3, at the core of it's type, while putting on facades, fears that they have no intrinsic worth as their own self, therefore often constructs an identity they feel is desirable or useful to compensate for that because it "solves the problem" that their fear presents. 3s, especially 3w4s since 4 does have the desire for authenticity, often resent the facade that they create whereas 4w3s, while creating facades as well, are less focused on the solution aspect that their facade presents are moreso cultivating a separable identity from others so they don't disappear. Additionally, in terms of disintigration, I'd argue a lot of the 4 that we see in Yuki is from his disintigration to 1. He's not particularly reactive, seeking to hide his feelings rather than bring attention to them as a 4 would (although sp4 might change that? Please correct me if I'm missing vital plot points, I'm relooking through the manga so I can provide decent arguments but it has been a long time since I've read it in full). I find that when people go back and forth between non adjacent types within a given triad (ie. 7 vs 5, 2 vs 4, 1 vs 8), the answer is often in between because of the versatile presentation of the attachment types.


    For Kyo, I'm going to wait on that one since I haven't had a chance to fully relook through his character. I do recall the whole situation with his mom and kyouko and how he is motivated by his guilt, but 1 still seems a bit off (I have no actual argument for this though outside of him being very reactive, especially for an obvious sp dom, so I'll wait). 4 vs 3 is quite hard there as well, I'm still thinking 3 but he (realistically) is plagued by having the worst zodiac curse of them all and the whole monster complex. I definitely think he's somewhere between 146 and 368, I'll eventually provide an actual argument for that when I can.


    This is where I feel you're REALLY off, the way you type Shigure here sounds like you're basing it off the 01 anime am I correct?
    Am I very off on his type? Yes. Am I basing it off the anime? No, rather my interpretation of his character from when I read the manga when I was like 11.

    No way would manga/reboot Shigure be an EXFP (I agree that's a accurate typing for his 01 anime self though) nor would his head type be a 7w6 (far more likely to be a 7w8 if it is a 7) your variants are probably the most off for him, I actually put him as sx-dom and so-blind because, well... if you've read the manga or even watched the new anime up to episode 10 you'll see where his main motivation lies. (Hint it has something to do with romantic love) You should probably look over the manga for Shigure cause you can't even really begin to understand him unless you know his full story, however his story is a spoiler just in and of itself so it'd be pointless for me to write it all out if you're an anime only XD
    Yeah, I was off, for sure. My (revamped) typing for him is 4w3 9w8 7w8 sx/sp (yeah, soc dom was very not correct), maybe ENFJ (ie. he's very calculating, but even with a possible 3 wing, he plays his into a facade a lot better/has more blatent "charisma" than soc blind Fi would). 4 core was very obvious, idk how I managed to forget that lol. I don't see the 5 fix still, especially since I feel relatively confident with typing him a 9 fixer. I'll address 9 over 8 first. He's definitely got expansive energy going on, he's very unfocused on external pressures that soc and superego would bring, he wants what he wants and doesn't feel bad about that similarly to what the expansive triad goes for. He can be quite controlling behind the scenes as well, which would suggest at the very least the presence of 8. However, the way he goes about things (such as ridding the family of the Sahoma curse) is relatively passive/"studious", and emotionally speaking, he doesn't have the outbursts of anger unless it is specifically tied to maintaining his internal equilibrium or he is clearly provoked (and even then he sort of keeps a cool head, outside of the whole Akito thing, which plays more into 4 reactivity than anything else I think).

    With the 5 vs 7 fix, I think gluttony is more prominent than hording in terms of core behavior. He doesn't have the stiffness that comes with 5 nor the aloofness (he can be placid, but I think that's more 9 in presentation). He's definitely studious and calculating, but not in the way that 5 typically presents. There's a focus on getting what he wants I think and he's very yielding to pleasure, which is why I'd argue 7. Agreed, not 7w6 for certain. He doesn't seem triple withdrawn either, he fairly introspective, but isn't afraid to control or be active in getting what he wants, which is somewhat expansive.

    Finally, for 4w3 vs 4w5. I can see why you said balanced wings, but I think 3 wing works better, especially since he is soc blind, but not only because of that. I think his facade is too prominent, he feels no shame in using it to get what he desires. He's very calculating and studious, and he uses this in order to thwart and study the Sahoma curse, however knowledge is never used as a security (5 is a fear type, 5 seeks security in the knowledge it obtains) but as a means to a goal (which fits more 3, since 3 is about obtaining what it wants). For a 4, he's a lot more willing to deviate from his natural self than a 4w5, which is why I'd argue 4w3.
    -
    “My deplorable mania for analysis exhausts me. I doubt everything, even my doubt.” Gustave Flaubert

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    MBTI
    XXXP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    No real thoughts on the others. I don't see all this alleged ne everyone else seems so focused on.
    The Ne is from how Ayame likes to go on long tangents and uses big words alot lol.

    Other than that yeah he's pretty much ESXP.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    MBTI
    XXXP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalDoubt View Post
    No, I've only read the manga. I didn't watch the 01 anime (because it was trash lol) and haven't watched the reboot either (which from what I've glanced at, follows the manga quite well). Nonetheless, relooking through the manga (which I haven't touched in 10 years and, frankly, thought I remembered a lot better than I did), I'm realizing some of my errors in thinking, specifically with Shigure (ie. 11 year old me really liked Shigure and apparently decided to iron over specific story details lol). For some reason, most of my memory of Shigure came down to his "lazy gut energy," now that I've re-studied I'm in a much better standing to type him.


    I wouldn't focus so much on stereotype there, ESFJ as a type is relatively versatile. ISFJ is also stereotyped to be (covertly) judgmental stereotypically. I think an ESFJ vs ISFJ would sort of depend on where or not you're going off the cognitive functions or dichotomies. By the cognitive functions, while both her Ti and Ne are virtually non-existent, I'd argue I see more Ne than Ti in the fact that her Ti is just that bad; She's completely selfless, she often follows her guilt/burden complex in her dealings with others rather than anything else (ie. back to the tent argument). She's laid back, but relatively high energy (ie. her work ethic and relative enthusiasm). She's very non-judgmental and laid back, but those are sort of core traits of e9. I'd argue that being judgmental is not a core trait of ESFJ (or Fe). Nonetheless, by dichotomies, she'd probably be a weak I rather than E. Touru is tough in that sort of regime.

    So/sp vs so/sx I'd argue is a tough call because she does the tent thing but also has no sign of sx whatsoever, I'd argue her focus is too broad for Sx. Then again her sp is also kind of non-existent, outside of the fact that she's relatively withholding of personal information (ie. not even her friends knew she was living in the tent because she didn't want outside influence or help regarding that) and, despite her lack of ability to focus on her health over others, she tends to focus a lot on self sufficiency (ie. she was prepared to live on her own without asking help from anyone, which as a polarized phobic 6 fixer is sort of unheard of, taking on the actual workload in addition to school that she does). In terms of syn vs contra flow, so/sp is more likely to be very so and not as clearly sp being that it is a contra type then so/sx. Again though, I think outside of her being incredibly soc, so/sp vs so/sx isn't clear.


    I definitely recall that, I'd argue that that fear isn't disparate from 3w4 as you'd think. 3, at the core of it's type, while putting on facades, fears that they have no intrinsic worth as their own self, therefore often constructs an identity they feel is desirable or useful to compensate for that because it "solves the problem" that their fear presents. 3s, especially 3w4s since 4 does have the desire for authenticity, often resent the facade that they create whereas 4w3s, while creating facades as well, are less focused on the solution aspect that their facade presents are moreso cultivating a separable identity from others so they don't disappear. Additionally, in terms of disintigration, I'd argue a lot of the 4 that we see in Yuki is from his disintigration to 1. He's not particularly reactive, seeking to hide his feelings rather than bring attention to them as a 4 would (although sp4 might change that? Please correct me if I'm missing vital plot points, I'm relooking through the manga so I can provide decent arguments but it has been a long time since I've read it in full). I find that when people go back and forth between non adjacent types within a given triad (ie. 7 vs 5, 2 vs 4, 1 vs 8), the answer is often in between because of the versatile presentation of the attachment types.


    For Kyo, I'm going to wait on that one since I haven't had a chance to fully relook through his character. I do recall the whole situation with his mom and kyouko and how he is motivated by his guilt, but 1 still seems a bit off (I have no actual argument for this though outside of him being very reactive, especially for an obvious sp dom, so I'll wait). 4 vs 3 is quite hard there as well, I'm still thinking 3 but he (realistically) is plagued by having the worst zodiac curse of them all and the whole monster complex. I definitely think he's somewhere between 146 and 368, I'll eventually provide an actual argument for that when I can.



    Am I very off on his type? Yes. Am I basing it off the anime? No, rather my interpretation of his character from when I read the manga when I was like 11.


    Yeah, I was off, for sure. My (revamped) typing for him is 4w3 9w8 7w8 sx/sp (yeah, soc dom was very not correct), maybe ENFJ (ie. he's very calculating, but even with a possible 3 wing, he plays his into a facade a lot better/has more blatent "charisma" than soc blind Fi would). 4 core was very obvious, idk how I managed to forget that lol. I don't see the 5 fix still, especially since I feel relatively confident with typing him a 9 fixer. I'll address 9 over 8 first. He's definitely got expansive energy going on, he's very unfocused on external pressures that soc and superego would bring, he wants what he wants and doesn't feel bad about that similarly to what the expansive triad goes for. He can be quite controlling behind the scenes as well, which would suggest at the very least the presence of 8. However, the way he goes about things (such as ridding the family of the Sahoma curse) is relatively passive/"studious", and emotionally speaking, he doesn't have the outbursts of anger unless it is specifically tied to maintaining his internal equilibrium or he is clearly provoked (and even then he sort of keeps a cool head, outside of the whole Akito thing, which plays more into 4 reactivity than anything else I think).

    With the 5 vs 7 fix, I think gluttony is more prominent than hording in terms of core behavior. He doesn't have the stiffness that comes with 5 nor the aloofness (he can be placid, but I think that's more 9 in presentation). He's definitely studious and calculating, but not in the way that 5 typically presents. There's a focus on getting what he wants I think and he's very yielding to pleasure, which is why I'd argue 7. Agreed, not 7w6 for certain. He doesn't seem triple withdrawn either, he fairly introspective, but isn't afraid to control or be active in getting what he wants, which is somewhat expansive.

    Finally, for 4w3 vs 4w5. I can see why you said balanced wings, but I think 3 wing works better, especially since he is soc blind, but not only because of that. I think his facade is too prominent, he feels no shame in using it to get what he desires. He's very calculating and studious, and he uses this in order to thwart and study the Sahoma curse, however knowledge is never used as a security (5 is a fear type, 5 seeks security in the knowledge it obtains) but as a means to a goal (which fits more 3, since 3 is about obtaining what it wants). For a 4, he's a lot more willing to deviate from his natural self than a 4w5, which is why I'd argue 4w3.
    Ah good you're a fellow manga reader that'll make this much easier! ^^ (Also good taste on hating the 01 anime, I hate it as well except for it's soundtrack)

    Let me address all this one by one.

    Tohru
    The reason why I originally doubted ESFJ for her is cause ESFJs tend to be stereotypically portrayed as the "gossipy popular cheerleader type" and that's just not Tohru. I've never really known them as a versatile type, still the functions themselves fits, she's probably Fe-Si dom
    ISFJs however I've seen portrayed as much more low-key and quietly giving which seems to fit Tohru better. You're right though that she has virtually no Ti, barely any Te either, she's a feeler through and through, idk though I can see Ne in her, she's pretty spacey like a Ne user would be. I can see Fe, Fi, Ne, Si (how she holds onto her memory of her mother so tightly) and even Ni in her. (her insightful speeches and how she's able to sense other's bad intentions right off the bat like she when first meeting Akito) Like I said, either an XSFJ or an XNFX, she's also one of the few characters, like Yuki, Kyo and Akito that I see as some kind of ambivert. She has both her extroverted and introverted moments, a true mix between her extremely extroverted mother and introverted father.

    The reason I put her as sp-blind is because doesn't one's blind-spot have to indicate what a person values the least, not just what they're not good at? Tohru certaintly is skilled at sp-like activities, but she doesn't value her physical security at all, hence the seeing no problem with living in a tent and not wanting to burden her friends with letting them know so as to take her in. She's much more focused on other people and their approval/love than she is on her own security. Sure she's barely focused on romance at all in the beginning in the story but later on in the manga
    that definitely indicates so/sx to me!

    Yuki
    Yuki would definitely be sp-blind and so/sx like Tohru. (He's also most focused on other people's approval and love and unlike Tohru is actually really bad at practical day-to-day living stuff) so no, he wouldn't be a sp4, he'd be a so4. 3w4 could be a possibility for his heart type after how you just described it to me, maybe his 4 wing is just particularly strong so that he resents the facade he has to put up to get acceptance? I'll have to look into it.
    " Needless to say, regardless of what his heart type is, I think it's pretty safe to say his gut is a 1 and his head a 6 right?

    Kyo
    Ah see, I'm typing based more on Enneagram motivation, rather than type "feel." I agree, 1 doesn't really fit Kyo's "energy" much. However the motivation fits him to a Tee since he's most plagued by guilt and worry on whether he's a good person or not. His gut type being 8 would have him fit into tritypes like 368 "The Justice Fighter" or 468 "The Truthteller" which seem particularly suited for him, but idk I think if you're going according to motivation, which is how you're supposed to type with the Enneagram, he'd be a 1 for sure for gut. Either 361 or 461 is probably his tritype.

    Got any ideas on his MBTI? I commonly see him typed as ESTP and while I can definitely see Se dom, like Tohru with ESFJ he just doesn't seem to fit the typical ESTP "Chad" stereotype, not arrogant or cocky enough. (Also am I the only one who sees Te over Ti for Kyo what with how practical he is?) I think Kyo is probably either an ISTP, an XSTJ or a traumatized and broken ISFJ or XSFP, definitely either a Guardian or an Artisan by Kiersey's typings.

    Shigure
    Shigure, Shigure, Shigure... First I'll address his Enneagram. One of the reasons I say a balanced 4 is cause again, stereotypes. Don't core 4's tend to be known as "whiny" and "tempermental?" And isn't this stereotype more associated with 4w3 rather than 4w5 where the latter is more withdrawn? That's exactly why I can't see Shigure as just a pure 4w3. Though tbh I'm starting to wonder whether his heart fix is even a 4 and maybe not a 2w3 instead? Chapter 111,
    I realize 2 and 4 disintegrate/integrate into each other so maybe that's where I'm getting my confusion from but I always wondered... Can a 2 core, even a sx2 be concerned over just one person's love or are they always obsessed with gaining everybody's love? If it's the latter always, then yeah Shigure definitely's not a 2. Obsessing over only 1 person in a romantic sense is more 4's deal right while 2 is just concerned with the overall social aspect?

    For his gut I was only undecided between 8w9/9w8 cause 8w9 is known within the Enneagram community as the most "powerful" type and Shigure definitely gives off a "powerful" vibe. Not in the angry, physical sense, more mentally, which is what I thought 8w9 could also refer to. (Also the 458 being known as the "Darkest tritype" seems particularly suited for him) idk I think like Tohru is with her head type (very borderline 6w7/7w6) Shigure is very borderline 8w9/9w8 and could really go either way.

    Now the head type... tbh I could see where you're coming from with the 7 and I can't say I don't see some aspects of 7 in him. Some of the descriptions of 7 that state that its the type that's looking to fill the void within them seems particularly fitting
    but then aren't all the types looking to fill their void through something? It's not just a particularly 7 trait right? 4's also looking to fill the void through finding something that could "complete them." I don't know when I look at all the rest of the description of 7, how it's all about being fast and fun-loving but is ultimately shallow and can't commit and is always looking for that next high that doesn't sound like Shigure to me. That sounds like the persona he presents himself as, but the real Shigure is the very opposite of afraid of commitment. In fact, unlike 7's tendency to be gluttonous Shigure instead portrays 5's tendency to hoard.
    Perhaps what we're seeing here like with the debate between 2 and 4 is his 5w4's into 7? Other than that he just really gives off a strong 5w4 "vibe." I don't know why you say he isn't aloof, the real Shigure is extremely aloof and always has his nose in a book.

    Okay now for his MBTI... I gotta say I strongly disagree with him being some type of extrovert, he seems like an ambivert like Tohru, Kyo, Yuki and Akito but his whole mental thought process SCREAMS pure introvert to me. Definitely not an ENFJ though, that's way too much of a gung ho type for him and too close to ESFJ, he's definitely not altruistic enough to be that, plus he doesn't have high Se, in fact I would say Se is probably his weakest function overall. If he is an E type, which I very much doubt, he'd be either an ENTX or an ENFP, either of those 3.

    After a lot of deliberating though I'm pretty sure that his best and most likely match is an INFJ. Shigure's behavior reminds me of an Ni-Ti loop. I can't completely put it into words, but look at all of his internal monologues (again chapter 111) and the fact that he's incredibly disconnected from the physical world and internally-focused (remember, he's often shown to be reading, an activity that, when coupled with his typically philosophical mind, demands a mental focus on abstraction). Of course, he never completely breaks out of this loop (with Fe), but he also appears to understand people from an outside perspective. (Fe) Let me further break it down one by one.



    Again it's not perfect, the only thing that's prevented me from completely committing to INFJ as his type is he seems to also display Si and maybe Fi? I'm so confused on Fi and whether it always refers to one's values/morals or if it could also just mean one's emotions and being true and selfish to them? If it's the latter Shigure really does seem to be in an extreme Fi-Si loop what with his attachment to that dream and refusing to let it go, he's completely true to his feelings for it/Akito and always fully acknowledges them and is never in denial. (Plus like the INFP stereotype he's a writer, but he's opposite of the INFP "stereotype" in every other way lol) which makes me consider XNFP or even INTJ with their tertiary Fi (though they don't have Si). But if Fi just means having morals/ethics then he'd definitely be Fi blind. (Which could also match him up well with INTP)

    I still think all things considered, besides there being no use of Si in INFJ, it's as accurate a typing as we're gonna get for him functions wise.

    Anyways, like Kyo even if his exact MBTI type is hard to pin down going by Kiersey's temperments I'm sure we can at least narrow Shigure down to either a Rational (NT) or Idealist (NF) right?
    Likes RadicalDoubt liked this post

  10. #10
    Inactive For A Bit RadicalDoubt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    639 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    983

    Default

    (Just as an update I plan to get back on this in a couple days or so, sorry it's taking me so long)
    -
    “My deplorable mania for analysis exhausts me. I doubt everything, even my doubt.” Gustave Flaubert
    Likes Tsundereshipper liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO