User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does he seem ISFJ, INFJ, or ISFP?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISFJ

0 0%
  • INFJ

0 0%
  • ISFP

0 0%

MBTI
    ISFJ

Default CHALLENGE: ISFJ, INFJ, or ISFP?

Hello everyone!
    I'm having difficulty typing a certain singer/dancer. I thought it would be interesting to see what the community here sees in his thoughts/speech; I'll post quotes below for your convenience. I'm wondering if he sounds like an ISFJ, INFJ, or ISFP?
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

“Even as a child, I hated being forced into doing things. I enjoyed playing the piano and listening to music by myself. But you know how it is at family gatherings – the adults always try to make you sing or perform. My mom pushed me into acting when I was a child. I was very bad at it, and I hated it. So obviously, an acting academy wasn’t right for me. First of all, at acting school, you had to show what you were good at. They want to see talent. It was so embarrassing and humiliating, and just the idea of memorizing a script and reciting it… I thought it didn’t seem right. I still remember that I believed I had to make a decision. Studying just wasn’t for me. It’s not that I was so terrible at it. Really. No, really. Even in my mind, I’m pretty smart."

“I worry too much and am overly serious. It’s not that I don’t have a fun-loving side. I love to laugh and joke around and am up for pranks as much as the next guy, but I am simply too busy and have too much to do. When I’m having fun, I tend to lose track of what I’m supposed to be doing. People tell me I should loosen up a little, but when I think about the things I need to do, I just can’t.”

“My ideal musician is Michael Jackson! Everything about him. But it’s not just that I want to imitate him; I want to learn his mind, what he was trying to say by his music. Of course, I’ve been so affected by him, his vocals, dance, and fashion. He is the only one who can do his music, so that’s why I have to find my own.”

“Because I’m satisfied with this album, I don’t care whether it is well-received or poorly-received. It could even be called the worst, and it wouldn’t matter to me.”

“While making this album, I contemplated a lot about ‘What do I really want?’ ‘What is true music?’ ‘What is a true musician’s image?’ The conclusion I arrived at was so simple that it was surprising. What I truly love and want is to be someone who wakes up each morning to sing and dance. I love performing onstage, and I love it when I’m lost in music, when I’m able to pour all my passion into music. That’s when I’m happiest.”

“As a result of the experiences I gained from releasing albums, I’ve started to see what I’m good at from a colder and more objective point of view.”

“I often think that I want to go somewhere far away. Travel with no itinerary and no destinations. I need to keep traveling in order to not lose what’s inside me. I travel a lot lately since getting my driver’s license and buying a car. Listening to music while driving is a new feeling; it’s so different from listening while you’re walking.”

“I’ve never thought of myself as a top artist. I sing and dance because I love it. If you don’t forget such feelings and keep on going, you can make your life meaningful even if you don’t become a top artist. The thing is---it’s important to keep your dream alive.”

“When I dance, after a certain point, I start to feel like my body becomes the music. Even if it’s a song I’m hearing for the first time, my body moves. Instinctively. In my opinion, the high you get from that cannot even be compared to the kind you would get from drinking and such. That’s something I’ve realized. I used to think singing and dance were different. But it’s actually the same. Right now, there’s no difference between the two. The emotions I feel are on the same wavelength. They are exactly the same.”

“It’s not possible for me to do something if I can’t accept it wholeheartedly or if it’s not something I’m passionate about.”

“I would describe myself as a very plain but very honest person.”

“I want to be someone who is free in this world called ‘Music’. I don’t want to achieve my dream, I just want to pursue my dream until I die.”

“I dance without conscious thought; I just let myself go with the music flow. I’m afraid that more dancers might forget the pleasure of dancing itself and consider it as just a job, and that not-so-skillful dancers might go public as professional, and as a result, the dance industry might reach a saturation point. Also, it’s good to invest in dance-related associations and companies, but I’d rather contribute in a way that I can get myself involved.”

“I’m not someone who likes to bear a burden or feel immense pressure while doing things. I can only conceptualize freely or come up with ideas for an album when I’m completely free of baggage. I always hope I can keep the same pure passion that I had at the beginning of my career, to enjoy the process of making music. This is very important for musicians.
    The benchmark of good music is, firstly, you have to be true and real. The music composition must encompass the vitality and passion that the singer already possesses. Secondly, the music should strike a chord with the masses and let the listener feel as if it’s his own emotions being sung---only then can it be considered a good piece of work.. With regards to the songs I’ve participated in, frankly I’m satisfied with all of them.”

“I really like being at home. Whenever I’m not working I’m usually at home. I watch movies, read books and comics, and nap. I spend my time at home with ease. One of my hobbies is biking--I often bike around in the summer. But, I usually end up going to the office…Being by myself on my off days can happen overwhelmingly frequently. When I spend time with friends, in the summer we’re doing things like wakeboarding, and other water sports. Normally, we just go out to eat. Usually I play the listener’s role. When my friends are off work, they often do various things and have a lot to talk about, but since I spend my free time at home, I don’t have much to say (laughs).”
    Last edited by PearThyme; 11-07-2019 at 11:50 AM.

MBTI
    ISFJ

“I’m very strict on myself because I always see room for improvement. When I perform onstage, most say I did well, but I always remember what I did not do well. I have this passion and drive to do really well on stage and try to control myself a lot. Off stage, I just quietly…(laugh). I can be very pensive when I have a lot on my mind.”

“No matter what I’m doing, I’m the same. I try to be unaffected and be myself. Perhaps that is why audiences feel I’m friendly? I‘m not saying that an artist who gives off an unapproachable atmosphere is bad, but rather, I think it best suits me to show my ordinary self.”

“When I enter the recording room and don’t have the right feeling, I quit. I’d rather not do anything on that day. I could manage to do it somehow, but I wouldn’t be satisfied with the outcome. So I try to sing the first part of the song, and if there’s no feeling for recording at all, I quit everything and do it on the next day. Actually I have to go on when I’m busy, but for the right result I keep it that way.”

“I don’t like being picky about food. I don’t like it when others do it either. By the way, I’m really good at finding good food. It’s a hunch; I just know when I look at it. When somebody brings food saying it’s delicious, I would think it’s going to taste a certain way, and it does. I think I know what taste is. Honestly, I don’t think all of my mom’s food is delicious just because she cooked it. I’m that objective---I can tell by looking.
    I look at the texture, for instance. I can guess what flavor a certain kind of texture will produce. This I’m certain of– when I eat something, I can tell whether the food is ‘real’ [quality].”

“What is my way of looking at the present? Ah, this is a question I really want to answer well. (long pause) I’m not sure if I’m saying this properly, but having turned twenty-five, the thought that comes to mind most often is that I don’t have a lot of time. But with that insight came a sense of peace [unhurried calm]. Strangely, it made me feel more relaxed. What is this? How can I explain it? I don’t even know.”

“It occurs to me from time to time that I’m not really suited for celebrity. I don’t feel sorry about it.”

“If I could change one thing about myself, I wish I could get rid of my tendency to think too much. See, I wish I could get rid of these thoughts in my head. Even as I reply, I’m wondering, 'Is this the right answer? Is what I’m saying the truth? Am I answering the question correctly?' I keep thinking.”

“Singing, to me, is… (long pause) joy. People can find a certain kind of joy in drinking or dating. I feel it through singing. I think I’m at my peak right now, but I don’t feel rushed. I’m going to wait until the music I’m drawing in my mind emerges. That’s what works for me. I’ve been working with this year as the goal. I’ve already prepared, and I’m continuing to prepare. I consider right now to be my prime. I have no thoughts outside of music, but all this doesn’t exhaust me or weigh me down. It’s the best possible condition---to be able to absorb and express. Music was my priority before too, but I used to feel it as a burden sometimes. But now, it’s not like that at all. I don’t feel the need to do things to the point of tormenting myself. It would make me think, ‘If I make this kind of music, people will look at me this way…’ It’s become clear that I’m headed toward the image I’ve drawn. Everything’s become clear, and that’s why I don’t feel rushed.”

“To tell you the truth, no one is obliged or has cause to support me and cheer me on, right? It’s not like I’m running for congressional election. I just make music that I can make, that I love to make, and hope that it gives strength to people who listen to it. That is all. I do it because I really love it. I will always continue to make music.”

“Ultimately, I think the only way to communicate my sincerity on stage is to sing with sincerity. It’s what I feel when I watch performances of many of the artists I respect.”

“I know my faults very well. In the past, I was really afraid that others will find them out.”

“I know what is important to me now and, in that sense, I feel I clearly have changed and become more mature. Before, I was so young that I always thought in a self-centered way. I also victimized myself, because I thought I was working harder than others. Actually they were trying their best too, but I was too young to realize that. The last 3 years, I’ve come to realize a lot of those things.”
    Last edited by PearThyme; 11-07-2019 at 11:07 AM.

MBTI
    ISFJ

“I used to rarely leave the studio, to the extent that my boss had to push me to meet people. I’m a singer, not a producer, so I enjoy being on stage the most. Being on stage is more fun than leaning too much in one particular area. In a way, I’m able to endure the time in the studio because of the thoughts of being on stage later. My ideas, whether they are melodies or lyrics, begin outside the studio. That’s why I’m sensing increasingly that travel is important, and I make memos on my iPhone now and then.
    If I were more outgoing, I would have probably written more songs. But because my natural character isn’t that way, it takes a lot of time and effort to get one song out. Truthfully, my personality doesn’t really suit this era or its trends. You have to make things quickly and always be doing something. Ultimately, in order to express something fully, I need to gain a lot through experience. And, most of all, I want more time for myself.”

“I have the strength to find my own color and be myself no matter what new things I’m trying to do. Actually, I’m still a little afraid of trying new things, but I’ve started to have some confidence.”

“I don’t want to be sensational, I just want my music to reflect my life experiences and love in a truthful manner.”

“The release of my albums are often delayed. I think I’m too stubborn. Especially during this album’s production, if there was something I wanted to put in my music, my urge to get it exact only got stronger. So if other people disagreed with my opinion and tried to put a different color into my songs, it took a really long time before I could accept it. Making my album as I want doesn’t mean that it becomes a good one. I knew that, but it took so much time for me to accept it. Actually, I don’t have any sense about music trends. Maybe it’s because the music I like is mostly dark and gloomy. I listened to my friends who know me the best, and producers who have known me since I was young. I guess, right now, I need someone who can guide me in the right direction.”

“Considering my music, I’ve finally reached the conclusion that the music which reflects my life can make others relate more to the music and my sincerity. The more I do music, the more I feel... I think my life is the priority. I feel I can do more authentic music when I feel and learn and become inspired by various circumstances of my life. I do not know if it is right for musicians, but I want to be a very mature person. I feel my life is reflected in everything I express.”

“This album contains what I feel and love right now, almost all of my identity is in there. I did whatever I wanted to do for this album. Almost 99%. I learned how to do it through my previous album. The thing I regret the most was relationships. I realize now that the most important thing is relationships after all…relationships with people, relationship with the company. My attitude with people has changed. I was such a closed person, but after I opened my mind, meeting people feels more natural for me.”

“After my last album, I didn’t really think much about what to do as far as the next album was concerned. I just went on a lot of trips; I figured I’ll just do whatever I want. The music I was into at the time was very dark, cold underground R&B, and when I tried to make that kind of music, I ended up butting heads with our company a bit.
    The company’s wish was for my music to appeal to more people. It was hard for me to accept at first. But I realized that, if I continued to be stubborn, the album would never come out. And I thought… My obstinacy, my inclinations are only going to grow stronger with time. The things I don’t want to do, I’m going to want to do even less and less. And if that’s the case, maybe I should try to accept things when I can still be a little open-minded. So, I changed the way I approached making this album. I think, as I made each song, I lent an ear to what a lot of people had to say. There may be a difference in my level of satisfaction, but I didn’t do anything I didn’t want to do.”

“It was a lot of fun watching the shows at Fashion Week, but, the whole time, I was uncomfortable with the appearance that I was there just to be seen--a celebrity wanting to be photographed. When, really, if you’ve been invited to a show, it’s simply courtesy to wear their clothes and try to look good… To be honest, the first time I went, it was an escape, in a sense. I would stress and stress about the album and just feel stuck, never getting anywhere. So I left to refresh myself and have a change of pace. But the second time I went, I realized what it was about. I don’t think you’ll see me in that kind of setting again.”

“The idea of being a ‘good dancer’…I don’t think it’s about being able to do a move that nobody else can or anything like that. That’s just flaunting acrobatics. If there’s no joy in it, the very art of dancing has no validity. On tv, I sometimes see elders who start dancing because they cannot contain their joy. I think that’s true dancing. To say I’m the ‘best dancer’? I’d rather say it like this: when it comes to the joy I feel in my dancing, I can feel it more clearly than anyone else in the world.”

“I’m not good at fooling people. It’s a fatal flaw as an entertainer. ‘Sincerity’ is very important to me, and if I want people to feel how sincere I am through my music, then I also need to be in a state where I can take in the music as purely as possible. In order to do that, my life itself cannot be a lie.”
    Last edited by PearThyme; 11-07-2019 at 11:09 AM.