User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP

Default Dragon ball Z MBTI - DBZ Myers-Briggs Characters

Dragon Ball Z character's MBTI types, post your thoughts.

Goku - ENFP

Vegeta - ISTJ

Gohan - INFP

Master Roshi - ENFJ

Chi Chi - ESFJ

Bulma - ENTP

Piccolo - INTJ

Tien - ISTJ

Yamcha: ESFP

Nappa - ESTP

Bardock - ESTP

Dende - INFP

Grandpa Gohan - INFJ

Oolong - ISFP

Puar - ISFP

Launch (Blue) - ISFJ

Launch (Yellow) - ESTP

Kami - INFJ

Mr. Satan (Hercule) - ESTP

Videl - ENTJ

Fortune Teller Baba - ISTJ

Chaotzu - INFP

Android 18 - ISTP

Gotenks - ESTP

Kibito - ESTJ

Babidi - ESTJ

Future Trunks - INFJ

Android 17 - ISTP

Krillin - ISFJ

Fat Buu - ESFP

Goten - ESFP

Kid Trunks - ESTP

Frieza - ENTJ

Cell - ENTP

Android 16 - ISFJ

Supreme Kai - INTP

Yajirobe - ISFP

Uub: ISFP

Dr. Briefs - INTP

Mrs. Briefs - ISFJ

Pan: ESTP

Empereor Pilaf: ESTJ

Shu: ISFP

Mai: ENFJ

Beerus - ESTP

Whis - ISTJ

I've always considered Goku and Master Roshi to be ESFPs, albeit scaled slightly differently in their stereotypes. Gohan and Future Trunks are spot on, though. How are Android 16 and Whis those types?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tengri View Post
    I've always considered Goku and Master Roshi to be ESFPs, albeit scaled slightly differently in their stereotypes. Gohan and Future Trunks are spot on, though. How are Android 16 and Whis those types?
    That's a common mistype for Goku but the series shows evidence of Ne dom in him and inferior Si, I'll explain his use of Fi + Te later on since I don't want this post to be too long. He constantly sees new possibilities always to improve as a martial aritst/imagines new potential fighters to face, has a wide variety of techniques, sees potential in himself and others and likes to bring it out of them, head in the clouds and bad with details, comes up with ideas in battle, combines techniques, managed to learned the kameha wave with intuition in one day after seeing it once, typically likes to move on to the next thing and doesn't revel in the moment and doesn't often celebrate when he makes an accomplishment in the present day, Ne over Se, he loves to fight simply because he's a Saiyan and its in his blood, a trait Vegeta also shares as a pure blood Saiyan and he's ISTJ, an Si users and because he has a deep love and passion for martial arts and constantly wants to self-improve, a lesson Master Roshi taught him after beating him as Jackie Chun and telling him to theirs always strong guys out there so keep training, a message that you still see today in Dragon Ball that's core to the series and Goku's character, which is one reason why I type Master Roshi as ENFJ, he sees potential in everyone and everything to grow, Extroverted Intuition. Inferior Si, he's bad with details/environment, doing mundane things, and has a bad memory and is very forgetful, (Si) inferior, like forgetting Chi Chi and her marriage promise and forgetting to take the medicine in the Androids Saga to stop the heart virus. Goku's an idealist as well and one of the only characters who's still pure of heart the whole show next to Gohan, Goku's much more of NF along with those traits I just mentioned for him. I could on further to explain Goku being ENFP but I'm tired and not in the mood for writing a long post so I'll keep it brief. Also when I discuss this topic I wonder how many people have seen DBZ Kai or read the manga/Japanese anime in the back of my mind over the awful old school Funimation dub, or even Super and it's faults, and if you have seen those properties it just further proves Goku's character is vastly misunderstood in the west regardless of what version you watch, check out this video discussing this if your interested: Son Goku: The Misunderstood Character

I used to think Master Roshi was ESFP, but I realized he was ENFJ after analyzing him. It took me awhile to type Master Roshi lol, somebody convinced me he was INTP even, haha. Whis I may be wrong, he's not a character I overly care about and analyze to death or anything so I'll admit I'm wrong on him maybe he has Ni, I looked him up it seems some people out there put INFJ or INTJ for him, so maybe he has Ni, makes sense. I just felt ISTJ vibe as soon as I saw him on screen in Battle of Gods back then and ever since watching him I felt that was still correct, but I could see Ni as well, so I'm open on him.

Android 16, I guess some people think INFJ cause of the speech? But that's stereotyping, haha. ISFJ because he's the only one out of the three androids 18 and 17 and him who's dead set on Goku, matching his android programming instincts, it actually makes sense a killer android with a programmed mission would be an Si dom since Si users follow through with their plans till the end. They stick to their guns, but he has a soft heart and empathetic so ISFJ makes most sense for him.
    Likes Tengri liked this post

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Goku estp 7
    Vegeta istp 8
    Gohan infj
    Piccolo istp 8
    Yamcha istp
    Chichi esfj
    Ginyu estj
    Frieza intj
    King cold enfj
    Cooler entj
    Zarbon enfj
    Dodoria estj
    Jeice istp
    Recoome esfp
    Doc gero intj
    Android 16 estj supervision relationship with doctor gero
    17 and 18 istp
    Cell intj
    Babidi intj 5
    Fat buu esfp
    Pilaf intp
    Launch estp infj duals
    Garlic junior intj
    Wheelo intj
    Beerus istp
    Whis infj
    Trunks istp
    Do as you please we are as gods

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by draon9 View Post
    Goku estp 7
    Vegeta istp 8
    Gohan infj
    Piccolo istp 8
    Yamcha istp
    Chichi esfj
    Ginyu estj
    Frieza intj
    King cold enfj
    Cooler entj
    Zarbon enfj
    Dodoria estj
    Jeice istp
    Recoome esfp
    Doc gero intj
    Android 16 estj supervision relationship with doctor gero
    17 and 18 istp
    Cell intj
    Babidi intj 5
    Fat buu esfp
    Pilaf intp
    Launch estp infj duals
    Garlic junior intj
    Wheelo intj
    Beerus istp
    Whis infj
    Trunks istp
    Lol why are so many characters ISTP, haha. And XSTP in general, that's quite a lot and list you got there. I'm curious your reasoning for the XSTP movement going on here with this post.

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Renizon View Post
    Lol why are so many characters ISTP, haha. And XSTP in general, that's quite a lot and list you got there. I'm curious your reasoning for the XSTP movement going on here with this post.
    Watch the scene between him and pikkon fighting in the tournmament. Goku found out the weakness in pikkons thunder flash attack after watching several times. I concluded ti because if he was se-te or ne-te,he would have power through with brute force.

Every single z fighter before the buu saga, has se ni of some sort.remember that scene where bulma suggest that they kill dr. gero before he does any of that stuff. Goku said,he technically did not do anything bad,so we cannot do that. The rest of the z fights except chaoutzu and gohan went along with the idea. So I concluded isxp,esxp, and enxjs.
    Vegeata was obvious using socionics, his realtionship with nappa indicates of supervision and frieza who I think is intj is his benefactor,so I concluded Istp.
    Piccolo,his relationship with gohan in socionics. Yamcha using the dragon balls to wish away his fear of women indicates low fe and then he likes to fight, and in socionics he's a positivist,so I said mbti istp. Jeice reminds me of yamcha. Android 17 and 18,obvious.
    Do as you please we are as gods

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by draon9 View Post
    Watch the scene between him and pikkon fighting in the tournmament. Goku found out the weakness in pikkons thunder flash attack after watching several times. I concluded ti because if he was se-te or ne-te,he would have power through with brute force.

Every single z fighter before the buu saga, has se ni of some sort.remember that scene where bulma suggest that they kill dr. gero before he does any of that stuff. Goku said,he technically did not do anything bad,so we cannot do that. The rest of the z fights except chaoutzu and gohan went along with the idea. So I concluded isxp,esxp, and enxjs.
    Vegeata was obvious using socionics, his realtionship with nappa indicates of supervision and frieza who I think is intj is his benefactor,so I concluded Istp.
    Piccolo,his relationship with gohan in socionics. Yamcha using the dragon balls to wish away his fear of women indicates low fe and then he likes to fight, and in socionics he's a positivist,so I said mbti istp. Jeice reminds me of yamcha. Android 17 and 18,obvious.
    I completely disagree but I respect your opinion, the only ISTPs in Dragon Ball I can think of are Android 17 and 18 and a good example of ESTPs in Dragon Ball is Launch yellow, Raditz, Hercule, and Nappa and characters like Goku are nothing like them, your brute force counter example sounded like a ESTP trait more with them usually rushing into things and plus you didn't use an example adapted from the manga and instead a filler arc which in my opinion isn't the best evidence to argue character traits even if its still the original show. Your example sounded like an Ne moment anyways regardless because Goku used his Ne to find the possibility for Tien's Tribeam weakness as well back in Dragon Ball, he found two weaknesses actually in Tien's technique in a short amount of time in the fight. The rest are mostly XNFPs like Goku and Gohan or IXTJs like Vegeta, Piccolo, and Tien with other types and variations as well as I put in my post above, but thanks for the post and your opinion despite the disagreement.