• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eckhart Tolle

Lotr246

Famous spiritual advisor, author of The Power of Now and A New Earth. I'd say INFP or INFJ?

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[youtube="U-zeqe515OE"]Eckhart Tolle-Short Interview[/youtube]

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[youtube="eJrveFV0MmY"]Eckhart Tolle TV, "To Think Or Not To Think."[/youtube]

I guess I would go with ENFJ...

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think he'd be a smash hit as a televangelist.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think it's hard to type people who are enlightened, but INxP would be my guess. The mind is his play toy and he diagrams it like an INTP would diagram any kind of abstract system.

Psychdigg

Based on his somatotype: Endomorph 4.0 Mesomorph 2.5 Ectomorph 3.5

He is about a 4,3,3 on the chart below which would put him right at the boundary of ENFP, INFP, INFJ.

But most likely ENFP if you had to put your money on it.

wpad5994d6_05.jpg

Last edited:

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
First off, WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THAT? Some alien shit, for sure.

Second, you really think Eckhart is an extrovert? No bloody way. LOOK at the guy FFS. He's intimate with himself like an introvert and doesn't push the boundaries.

Psychdigg

xNTP: Yes Eckhart Tolle is an extravert but barely. You are obviously thinking extreme extravert. He's extraverted enough that he has a very public life and seems to relish it.

Clean up your language please.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
xNTP: Yes Eckhart Tolle is an extravert but barely. You are obviously thinking extreme extravert. He's extraverted enough that he has a very public life and seems to relish it.

I don't think he really relishes it.

Clean up your language please.

Me and my fucking mouth. I'm sorry.

Chloe

I could see him as INFJ (or INTP). and very balanced, so more open to others despite introversion

Soph11287

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
?
I wouldnt classify him as a type, I think he is above that level. If I were to guess his "type" I might assume ISFP based on what I've read of his, including the quotes below. He has a very soft, calm and gentle spirit. I don't think he would necessarily be an N. He talks so much about being in the moment and his writing is very simplistic and concise. He speaks slowly and is often quiet in interviews, just witnessing what's around him. I think he is a Sensor. His whole teachings are centered in being in the Now, that's a sensing trait. His statements are sequential and orderly, they aren't overly complex like an intuitive thinker. The meanings behind what he says progress systematically in a way that anyone can understand. He's definitely not a judger because he is far too open minded. He is definitely an introvert.

ISFPish quotes
"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness" (sensors can sit with a sense of Gods presence without many words or thoughts. Simply to be in God's presence wherever/ whatever one is doing is a deep prayer)

"Feeling will get you closer to the truth of who you are than thinking." (dominant feeler)

"Life is now. There was never a time when your life was not now, nor will there ever be." (like a sensor- lives in present moment)

"If you are content with being nobody in particular, content not to stand out, you align yourself with the power of the universe."

"Even when the sky is heavily overcast, the sun hasn't disappeared. It's still there on the other side of the clouds." (sensors are more likely to see God in reality based ways; a sunset, a forest of trees, etc.. Whereas intuitive types are more appreciative of symbols. ISFP's especially have an aesthetic appreciation for the beauty of nature)

"You are one with the sun, the earth, the air. You don't have a life. You are life."

"Being must be felt, it can't be thought" (extraverted sensors can listen with their heart to what people are saying)

"Without perceiving things through the old filter of past conditioning and conceptualization, one can sense the universe is intensely alive."
Eckhart Tolle

"Thinking is a wonderful tool if it's applied. Thinking, however, can not become the master. Thinking is a very bad master. If you're dominated by thinking then your life becomes very restricted."
Eckhart Tolle

"Enlightenment means rising above thought, not falling back to a level below thought, the level of an animal or a plant. In the enlightened state, you still use your thinking mind when needed, but in a much more focused and effective way than before."
Eckhart Tolle

"Identification with your mind creates an opaque screen of concepts, labels, images, words, judgments, and definitions that blocks all true relationship."
Eckhart Tolle

"Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the Now the primary focus of your life."
Eckhart Tolle

"Just be, and enjoy being. If you are present, there is never any need for you to wait for anything."

"Let go of thought, become still and alert, and don't try to understand or explain." (A thinking type will have a strong need to make sense of his faith logically, Tolle actually advises against this)

"Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally."
Eckhart Tolle

When you don't cover up the world with words and labels, a sense of the miraculous returns to your life that was lost a long time ago when humanity, instead of using thought, became possessed by thought.”
― Eckhart Tolle

"Words reduce reality to something the human mind can grasp, which isn't very much" (he is content in being quiet)
E. Tolle

Introversion Quotes:
"If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place"

Power over others is weakness disguised as strength. True power if within, and it is available to you now.
Eckhart Tolle

Perceiving Quotes:
"The moment that judgment stops through acceptance of what is, you are free of the mind"
E Tolle

Storbam

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
He seems like an INFJ here's why:
1. He wasn't interested in a formal education. He's also too socially adept and gentle with people - not and INTJ
2. INFJ's can do his job well and seem extroverted but we are not. We can be as extroverted with the best of them but then we need time to recover. Eckhart has said his days and his life at home are simple and quiet and from the outside his life looks pretty boring. He also cares deeply for people and relishes being with them - INFJ
3. He's a fantastic writer - INFJ
4. He is a teacher but does not want to be a leader. - INFJ as well as INTJ but generally INFJ learns towards teaching over the INTJ
5. He leans towards spiritual matters - INFJ
6. He is a deep thinker and is very emotionally intelligent - INFJ

He is not an INTP or INTJ because he is unusually socially adept and has great subtle and gentle social skills - iNFJ

The reason he may read as a T is because he's developed his logical side very well. He has balance.

And if you believe in this type of thing...he could be considered an old soul. He seems very balanced. It could be said that as we spiritually evolve we may move farther away from being a very strong type of MBTI and don't fit in the box as well. Instead, at higher levels we have all of the human personality characteristics available to us when we need them to a greater degree. Sure, we all have a place where we feel more comfortable sitting in, but it's not far from the other ways we can sit and still feel quite comfortable. In essence, the more we evolve the less solid and more flexible our personality becomes. We become an actualized human.