• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type of my Father?

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For first I thought he was an ESTJ, later on I thought he was an ENTP, ENTJ, ISTJ... But now I think it is rather some form of Fi dom use.

And this thread could also be used as a possibility to type myself as well, why not miss on that opportunity.

Anyway, I considered the effort to write down our dialog to which would help to determine my father's correct type.

So this followed with a conversation about a question that I was interested in asking regarding sneezing.

Me: How come that when I sneeze It's not loud, but when some other people I know, the tend to sneeze overbearingly loud that the entire town hears it?

Father: Are talking about specificaly me?

Me: Not really, It's also used to be with with other kids on my school.

Father: There are type of people who try to do that quietly because of public place, then there are people who just sneeze loud because they need to do so and they dont give poor piss about the public, and also I'm at home, I'm not allowed to fully sneeze out?

Me: For some reason when I sneeze out as much as possible, it doesn't come out as loud as yours, I'm asking for that explanation.

Father: Well, It's physiology, each one is differnet

Me: That's the kind of answer I was asking for, not that rambling you made previously.

Father: What?

Me, thinking to myself: Ah shit, not again with his acting on being dumb.

Seconds later, My father: When you come to talk to me later, don't expect me to answer back!

Me: Why you are so angry, calm down jeez!

Father: Because you ignored my question, which is very rude!

Me: I said that you could just gave me that simple answer instead of going into rambling.

Jeez, so sensitive, thought to myself.

Father: When I wen't outside, I've seen a horde of cars standing in the middle of the road constantly beeping, only to see one guy with a car repairing the road, ignoring the cars that constantly beep that need to pass. Like that's the typical Arabic discipline, It's a matter of discipline, some people don't give a shit about others or you!

To note out, we live in israel.

Me: Ok, but I wasn't-

Father: You see-

Me: Goddammit, stop interrupting me! And stop using it as a way of conveying it to my feelings, as if It's something personal, It's very annoying and It's not something I asked.

Father: Do you remember that bank near the Macdonalds? Even you are with me as a child.

Me: That place where the missile landed in the Second Lebanon war?

Father: No, that was an post office, I'm talking about bank. It was a a place opposite to the MacDonald, you we're with me. It was that time when one Arabic woman raised her skirt, revealing her backside, and pissing to the ground in front of us. That's Arabic discipline for you, that's how they we're raised! And to matter, jews are no different, they also have similar discipline, they don't give a shit about others

Noticement: I did not create to promote racism, I just merely copied our conversation as an subject to type my Father and myself as well included, so, no ban or deleting my thread, ok? I do not share my Father's viewpoints.

Drunkstein

Enneagram
Wow what a douche you are lol. Anyway, your father seems to understand relations and why some people might sneeze loudly either because of being socially clueless or because of physiology, which indicates he has good amount of Fe and you don't. But that's not enough to type.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I don't think this has anything to do with your Father.

I think think it's another teenage ENTJ " Lookit how badass I am." post. Don't treat your parents like that dude. It's not cool and no one is impressed.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems Ti/Fe to me. Desire for precision as exemplified by clarifying questions and taking multiple factors into account in his answers, and the allergic reaction to rudeness.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seems Ti/Fe to me. Desire for precision as exemplified by clarifying questions and taking multiple factors into account in his answers, and the allergic reaction to rudeness.

I can see that. I was thinking of the "cultural norms" that the father was trying to tell the son.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can see that. I was thinking of the "cultural norms" that the father was trying to tell the son.
What exactly do you mean? He was making obersvations on other cultures but I don't see what specifically about that exchange that would indicate a type.
Maybe that he's an Aristocratic type (in Socionics term) which would mean an ST or an NF, and maybe that he values civility and order, but that isn't enough to discern a Beta (ISTP, ESTP, ENFJ and INFJ) from a Delta (ESTJ, ISTJ, INFP, ENFP).

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow what a douche you are lol.

Pardon?

I think think it's another teenage ENTJ " Lookit how badass I am." post. Don't treat your parents like that dude. It's not cool and no one is impressed.

I don't really think that you can just come and judge someone on that false observations of yours. I'm rather impressed by your lack of reality check. As for my type, I'm an ENTP. I just completely forgot to update my profile which I did before on PerC, whoops. ;)

Hm? Because that actualy seems like Te - Fi to me, focusing and pushing one's facts.

And wondering about that that part (Marked Bold); Because you are hinting me as a Fi user?

More N and F than you apparently.

Sure, if you insist on stereotyping and typist slap labeling. :shrug:

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What exactly do you mean? He was making obersvations on other cultures but I don't see what specifically about that exchange that would indicate a type.
Maybe that he's an Aristocratic type (in Socionics term) which would mean an ST or an NF, and maybe that he values civility and order, but that isn't enough to discern a Beta (ISTP, ESTP, ENFJ and INFJ) from a Delta (ESTJ, ISTJ, INFP, ENFP).

Cultural norms are part of Te.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hm? Because that actualy seems like Te - Fi to me, focusing and pushing one's facts.
I read it differently.

And wondering about that that part (Marked Bold); Because you are hinting me as a Fi user?
No, I only meant to communicate exactly what I said.

Cultural norms are part of Te.
Not really. Cultural norms certainly aren't fundamental to it. Are you thinking of Fe?

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not really. Cultural norms certainly aren't fundamental to it. Are you thinking of Fe?

No, I'm thinking of Chapter IV of Psychological Types.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I'm thinking of Chapter IV of Psychological Types.
Would you quote the part of the chapter mentioning this? I don't own the book and only the tenth chapter is available to me online, in which the functions are described in their purest form. Nowhere in the description of Te are cultural customs mentioned, and not anywhere else in the descriptions of Te in any other system like MBTI or socionics. Jung says Te is in part oriented towards ideas that are externally derived through tradition and general acceptance, but this chiefly concerns ideas that are factual, objective and practically implementable. He mentions the merchant, the engineer and the natural scientist as typical Te types. A concern with norms isn't part of the profile. If there's a chapter that would expand my understanding of Te, I'd be interested in reading it.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Would you quote the part of the chapter mentioning this? I don't own the book and only the tenth chapter is available to me online, in which the functions are described in their purest form. Nowhere in the description of Te are cultural customs mentioned, and not anywhere else in the descriptions of Te in any other system like MBTI or socionics. Jung says Te is in part oriented towards ideas that are externally derived through tradition and general acceptance, but this chiefly concerns ideas that are factual, objective and practically implementable. He mentions the merchant, the engineer and the natural scientist as typical Te types. A concern with norms isn't part of the profile. If there's a chapter that would expand my understanding of Te, I'd be interested in reading it.

I don't really feel like quoting the whole passage of this section of the book. The thing is, "objective" standards can't be talked about separate from who the subject is in society. It's for this reason that being "objective" is a lot more subjective then what the 1400's idea of being objective actually is which has somehow still permeate thought for another 6 centuries. Jung was pretty clear not one is actually "objecting" in the way you are probably thinking about it. It the idea of being completely impartial that most people love to ascribe to themselves little knowing that they have biases just like everyone else. So Te is not somehow able to be "more objective" then other functions - it's just that the way they manifest their behaviors are more based on "standards" rather than "objectivity." It's when we see that Te is all about "standards" rather than "objectivity" that my point is seen.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Come on, where your other stupid analogies of me being a "douche bad-ass pretentious teenager"? Why is everyone is so silent suddenly after my response?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Come on, where your other stupid analogies of me being a "douche bad-ass pretentious teenager"? Why is everyone is so silent suddenly after my response?

Because there is nothing more to say.
We have told you what these snippets of conversation tell us; that it says more about you than him.

There is nothing here that can be used to accurately type your Father

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because there is nothing more to say.
We have told you what these snippets of conversation tell us; that it says more about you than him.

There is nothing here that can be used to accurately type your Father

What it could possibly say about me? I mean, you just jumped into the "Wow you are a teenage douche loloxd" conclusion, which just sounds dodgy.

Well then, if it says more about me than him, as you say, what MBTI type personality I am then?

Uh, no you didn't. You did nothing but jumped into the troll bandwagon. Look, I'm not offended, I'm rather used to people with haughty attitude trying to put me down, but I rather find your conclusion irrational, including your friends. Most importantly, I have no Idea why you think I "mistreat" my parents, you didn't even bother to give an explanation to that complete bogus conclusion of yours, also including you, [MENTION=39800]Drunkstein[/MENTION]

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Yes, we are all irrational and you are the only rational one.
That makes sense.

Also, no one wants to talk to you anymore because you are stuck in fixation mode and thus unpleasant to converse with because you are overly argumentative without pause to consider that perhaps you were, in fact, being a dick to your father.

I will not respond to whatever you counter.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, no one wants to talk to you anymore because you are stuck in fixation mode and thus unpleasant to converse with because you are overly argumentative without pause to consider that perhaps you were, in fact, being a dick to your father.

Yes, but you and your guys jumped into this random conclusion without explaining why and that's what I am questioning. I think at this point you are stuck in fixation mode and you seem to be in denial about it.

Look, I'm trying to be friendly to others, unless they toy around with my temper or being utterly stupid on purpose. I can myself acknowledge when I'm being rude, and I don't need someone being intrusive and falsely judging my behavior without solid, concrete proof or explanation and without bringing up your circlejerk bs.

I will not respond to whatever you counter.

Congratulations then, you just wasted your time writing up this useless post, at this point I think you need to speak for yourself if you really wanted a healthy discussion.