First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Neytron View Post
    Hm? Because that actualy seems like Te - Fi to me, focusing and pushing one's facts.
    I read it differently.

And wondering about that that part (Marked Bold); Because you are hinting me as a Fi user?
    No, I only meant to communicate exactly what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    Cultural norms are part of Te.
    Not really. Cultural norms certainly aren't fundamental to it. Are you thinking of Fe?
    I FEEL ALRIGHT
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Not really. Cultural norms certainly aren't fundamental to it. Are you thinking of Fe?
    No, I'm thinking of Chapter IV of Psychological Types.
    There is a very thin line that separates genius from madness and it is a red line that is razor sharp.
    Be careful what you expose yourself to because it could very well ruin you.

MBTI
    INFP

ESTJ, ISTJ, or ISTP maybe.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    No, I'm thinking of Chapter IV of Psychological Types.
    Would you quote the part of the chapter mentioning this? I don't own the book and only the tenth chapter is available to me online, in which the functions are described in their purest form. Nowhere in the description of Te are cultural customs mentioned, and not anywhere else in the descriptions of Te in any other system like MBTI or socionics. Jung says Te is in part oriented towards ideas that are externally derived through tradition and general acceptance, but this chiefly concerns ideas that are factual, objective and practically implementable. He mentions the merchant, the engineer and the natural scientist as typical Te types. A concern with norms isn't part of the profile. If there's a chapter that would expand my understanding of Te, I'd be interested in reading it.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Would you quote the part of the chapter mentioning this? I don't own the book and only the tenth chapter is available to me online, in which the functions are described in their purest form. Nowhere in the description of Te are cultural customs mentioned, and not anywhere else in the descriptions of Te in any other system like MBTI or socionics. Jung says Te is in part oriented towards ideas that are externally derived through tradition and general acceptance, but this chiefly concerns ideas that are factual, objective and practically implementable. He mentions the merchant, the engineer and the natural scientist as typical Te types. A concern with norms isn't part of the profile. If there's a chapter that would expand my understanding of Te, I'd be interested in reading it.
    I don't really feel like quoting the whole passage of this section of the book. The thing is, "objective" standards can't be talked about separate from who the subject is in society. It's for this reason that being "objective" is a lot more subjective then what the 1400's idea of being objective actually is which has somehow still permeate thought for another 6 centuries. Jung was pretty clear not one is actually "objecting" in the way you are probably thinking about it. It the idea of being completely impartial that most people love to ascribe to themselves little knowing that they have biases just like everyone else. So Te is not somehow able to be "more objective" then other functions - it's just that the way they manifest their behaviors are more based on "standards" rather than "objectivity." It's when we see that Te is all about "standards" rather than "objectivity" that my point is seen.
    There is a very thin line that separates genius from madness and it is a red line that is razor sharp.
    Be careful what you expose yourself to because it could very well ruin you.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sp

Come on, where your other stupid analogies of me being a "douche bad-ass pretentious teenager"? Why is everyone is so silent suddenly after my response?
    Everyone is a king of their own inner world and imagination.

@ Neytron (Me)

ENTP
    6w7 4w3 1w2 so/sp, counterphobic
    Pisces
    (Born in the wrong zodiac sign™)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Neytron View Post
    Come on, where your other stupid analogies of me being a "douche bad-ass pretentious teenager"? Why is everyone is so silent suddenly after my response?
    Because there is nothing more to say.
    We have told you what these snippets of conversation tell us; that it says more about you than him.

There is nothing here that can be used to accurately type your Father
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    Because there is nothing more to say.
    We have told you what these snippets of conversation tell us; that it says more about you than him.

There is nothing here that can be used to accurately type your Father
    What it could possibly say about me? I mean, you just jumped into the "Wow you are a teenage douche loloxd" conclusion, which just sounds dodgy.

Well then, if it says more about me than him, as you say, what MBTI type personality I am then?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    Uh, no you didn't. You did nothing but jumped into the troll bandwagon. Look, I'm not offended, I'm rather used to people with haughty attitude trying to put me down, but I rather find your conclusion irrational, including your friends. Most importantly, I have no Idea why you think I "mistreat" my parents, you didn't even bother to give an explanation to that complete bogus conclusion of yours, also including you, @Drunkstein

@ Neytron (Me)

ENTP
    Pisces

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Yes, we are all irrational and you are the only rational one.
    That makes sense.

Also, no one wants to talk to you anymore because you are stuck in fixation mode and thus unpleasant to converse with because you are overly argumentative without pause to consider that perhaps you were, in fact, being a dick to your father.

I will not respond to whatever you counter.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Also, no one wants to talk to you anymore because you are stuck in fixation mode and thus unpleasant to converse with because you are overly argumentative without pause to consider that perhaps you were, in fact, being a dick to your father.
    Yes, but you and your guys jumped into this random conclusion without explaining why and that's what I am questioning. I think at this point you are stuck in fixation mode and you seem to be in denial about it.

Look, I'm trying to be friendly to others, unless they toy around with my temper or being utterly stupid on purpose. I can myself acknowledge when I'm being rude, and I don't need someone being intrusive and falsely judging my behavior without solid, concrete proof or explanation and without bringing up your circlejerk bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I will not respond to whatever you counter.
    Congratulations then, you just wasted your time writing up this useless post, at this point I think you need to speak for yourself if you really wanted a healthy discussion.

@ Neytron (Me)

ENTP
    Pisces