• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTJs are the most mistyped in the MBTI community

Hot Dog

MBTI Type
INTP
The typical description of the ISTJ is that they're planners, robots, rule followers, prefer stability, are uncreative and unintuitive. Of course many ISTJs do fit the stereotypical description, but many do not! After years of study of the Jungian Cognitive Functions (which are the key to determining type), and being close to many ISTJs, I'm sure that the following people use Si-Te-Fi-Ne. I chose examples that give a thorough depiction as possible of their type for a short video. There has been debate and controversy over their types because the ISTJ is so stereotyped and misunderstood. ISTJs are given the short end of the stick and they need a shout out!

Bruce Lee: ISTJ

Richard Dawkins: ISTJ

Emma Watson: ISTJ - I really like what she stands for, but terrible actress, sorry Hermione!

Im+sorry_441f3f_5629992.jpg

Natalie Portman: ISTJ

Halsey: ISTJ

Paris Hilton: ISTJ

Nicholas Cage: ISTJ

Drunkstein

Enneagram
I do agree with bruce lee, many people type him as ISTP, I agree he's an ISTJ and have a very deep understanding and interest that shows Si. I don't know much about the others but I think Dawkins is probably INTP.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Bruce Lee: ESTP.
ESFP: Paris Hilton, Emma Watson. I am not sure whether I have met an ISTJ in the real life. But one of the blogger identified himself as an ISTJ. I say, I think so. He doesn't mistype himself.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nicolas Cage AND Natalie Portman? ISTJs must be badass.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Yep stereotypes certainly exist in the MBTI community.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Newsflash: Everyone, literally everyone and their mom, is an INFJ 4w5 Sx. Fucking DUH. :dry:

- - - Updated - - -

They are also the only being capable of being moved by and feeling music. Fucking idiots.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I met an ISTJ once, stood tall as a tree did he, and his wroth was mighty and fierce. I once saw him take up a tree by the roots one handed and use it to hit a golf ball three miles and right into the hole in one.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Newsflash: Everyone, literally everyone and their mom, is an INFJ 4w5 Sx. Fucking DUH. :dry:

- - - Updated - - -

They are also the only being capable of being moved by and feeling music. Fucking idiots.

No, everyone's mom is an ESFJ.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The most obvious ISTJ on TV is probably Robert Irvine of the Food Network's "Restaurant Impossible". Tabatha Coffey is another ISTJ. Bruce Lee comes across as an extrovert to me. People say Anthony Hopkins and the late Johnny Carson are ISTJs but I haven't seen much footage of either person out of character. Johnny's on-stage persona is very outgoing but he's allegedly a very private person.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If we're speaking about the fans/community of MBTI, INFP's/INFJ's are the most mistyped type, mainly because of the word 'Sensitive' being commonly used out of It's context, and people end up having the INFx label being slapped on upon them. And if you want my blunt thoughts, if they respond back with along the lines of "I'm being misunderstood", I have nothing to say regarding this but to agree with them, it's the same with me also, I'm no exception regarding this.

And what about the pseudo-INFP/INFJ's on purpose? The reason why those types getting hated on so much is because of those clowns.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

- - - Updated - - -

No, everyone's mom is an ESFJ.
You are right - everyone' mom is ESFJ and everyone's ex-girlfriend is INFJ

I = won't return my calls
N = makes absolutely no sense
F = way too emotional
J = she won't change her mind
:D

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are right - everyone' mom is ESFJ and everyone's ex-girlfriend is INFJ

I = won't return my calls
N = makes absolutely no sense
F = way too emotional
J = she won't change her mind
:D

Lets not forget that all dads are ISTJ's, and their sons and daughters are all INFP's :happy2:

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And the stereotypes are that all CEOs and billionaires are ENTJs and that INTJ is the main supervillain type.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The typical description of the ISTJ is that they're planners, robots, rule followers, prefer stability, are uncreative and unintuitive. Of course many ISTJs do fit the stereotypical description, but many do not! After years of study of the Jungian Cognitive Functions (which are the key to determining type), and being close to many ISTJs, I'm sure that the following people use Si-Te-Fi-Ne. I chose examples that give a thorough depiction as possible of their type for a short video. There has been debate and controversy over their types because the ISTJ is so stereotyped and misunderstood. ISTJs are given the short end of the stick and they need a shout out!

Emma Watson: ISTJ - I really like what she stands for, but terrible actress, sorry Hermione!

Definitely agree with Natalie Portman and Emma Watson. If Paris Hilton is an ISTJ, it could explain why I always liked her as I generally have an affinity for ISTJ people :). They always seem quite sensible to me. I always felt the ditz image was a facade.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Thank you for calling Emma Watson ISTJ! Her and Hermoine are definitely ISTJ both, but Bruce Lee is definitely ISTP though. I don't think Paris Hilton is ISTJ at all too, ESFX seems to fit her more, I don't think thats a mistype. But maybe I'm wrong, idk. She could be any type, but ISTJ doesn't feel right to me I feel at least.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I agree, I noticed a lot of ISTJs being mistyped ESTJs now which is baffling and crazy to me, people forget how confident and assertive Te actually is even aux. I type Hermoine ISTJ. And I type Vegeta ISTJ, here you can see my post for him here:

Vegeta (ISTJ) - One of the Greatest ISTJs of all time, Dragon Ball Z MBTI Types

Also Vegeta is listed ISTJ here too as well on the DBZ MBTI Chart, everything is right here I feel for sure for the types of the characters except Videl is ENTJ and Android 16 is ISFJ in my opinion:

Which Dragonball Z Character Are You? | Personality Club

Here's my opinion on ISTJ Anime Characters here:

ISTJ Anime Characters : ISTJ

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Btw after rereading the title, I think rather ENFPs and ESFPs are the most mistyped in the community, there the most mixed up types in MBTI after all. ISTJ and ESTJ are next though and then INFJ and ENFJ, INFP and ISFJ and so on.