• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Joseph Stalin

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
What's V.I. anyway?

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
V.I. ?

Are you talking about this guy?

lenin.gif

I've seen that guy before. He looks like an ESTp.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Care to enlighten me?

There is a picture of me in this thread (the color one)

And the black and white picture in this thread is that of a guy who is responsible for the creation of a country which your avatar symbolizes.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Oh, that guy's Lenin. Go figure.

I can't VI you by that photo. At least not yet.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
V.I. = Visual Identification, I think. In other words, figuring out someone's MBTI type visually, just by looking at someone.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
V.I. = Visual Identification, I think. In other words, figuring out someone's MBTI type visually, just by looking at someone.

Yeah, it's that socionics voodoo science isn't it?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Looks like Peguy got my VI joke, but then decided to delete his post.

oh well

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't understand why people doubt that V.I. exists and yet they don't doubt that MBTI theory exists.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Body language doesn't exist either, for those who don't know to look for it.

There is a lot of biology behind the body language.

But I have trouble believing that bone structure goes hand in hand with a certain type of a personality. Perhaps there a slight things noticeable on a face (such as wrinkles) than can be indicative if one is more likely to be an extravert or an introvert, but to make a prediction of one's type based on the shape of their skull seems a bit far fetched.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
There is a lot of biology behind the body language.

But I have trouble believing that bone structure goes hand in hand with a certain type of a personality. Perhaps there a slight things noticeable on a face (such as wrinkles) than can be indicative if one is more likely to be an extravert or an introvert, but to make a prediction of one's type based on the shape of their skull seems a bit far fetched.

Well, it all depends on how deep you look. Most people who study MBTI don't really comprehend the functions on a very deep level. They stop at surface characteristics.

"Step bump, step bump bump." - CollegeHumor video - have a free humorous example of an esfj-si subtype cop. :D

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
In Jungian terms, Stalin is almost certainly an ETJ with Te commandeering the rest of his psyche.

It appeared that Stalin maintained good, even unnecessary use of his Sensing function while in power but as other posters have already covered he was not at all lacking in Intuition either. The question is: Once we have established Te as the all-permeading trait of Stalin's psyche and also that he had mastery of both sensing and intuition, is it really important? I think too rigid an application of MBTI might lead us astray here; rather, to understand further facets of Stalin, look at people like him. Look at Saddam Hussein, also an ETJ with Te all over the place, also a grand strategist, he is even a fellow bank robber! :)

---

In Keirseyan terms, Stalin would clearly be considered an NT, if only because of Keirsey's somewhat derogatory characterization of SJs. So leave Keirsey out of this or expect a visit from the Cheka.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
You have to be careful about blanket statements like "INTJs don't rob banks" or "he hated authority therefore not SJ". Try to take things in a context.

Stalin's father was an abusive alcoholic who couldn't hold a job, and Stalin grew up in lawless country. These kind of surroundings can be viewed as a lack of proper authority in the SJs eyes, resulting in the disdain of such environment, not a hatred toward authority in general.

Stalin's own way of running the country was through extreme micromanagement, which is not exactly a way someone who resents authority would operate.

I did not made that uip Edgar, I read it somewjere in a book, although i could not find the sourve.

Stalin hated authority because his father beated him often, and this transformed to a general hatred towards anyone that yields power over him.

Although i agree with your point of Sj disdain of the enviroment, to say that stalin is a ESTJ just because he exhibits Te in his dictartorship is too vague.
Anyone running a country would need some sort of Te to maintain order,

Stain is aq complex character, and his machieveillian tendencies does not correspond to SJness.

The hardest thing to put into perspective is whether stalin is a J or a P. His plotting to remove trosky has demonstrated amazing flexibity and calculated planning, this seemed not very J.
Furthermore,. his admiration for Koba ( a ficitional russsian outcast like robinhood) also seem unJi, as Js favor order chaos. Stain seems like one who follows his own code of rules trather than the rules of socirety.