• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movie characters and MBTI

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. How is providing evidence contrary to your ungrounded statement revealing bias, exactly? Now there's a rhetorical question.
2. I suppose she kept her name secret from her SO because she's "out there," and perhaps fearful.
3. Of course she could find a suitor by merely walking outside. But she finally gave in to Larry. The balance eventually tipped toward the need for affection.
4. Yeah, she stopped being in love with Dan, because he violated her values (very important to ENFP), and broke his heart instead of the other way around.

All of this is easily attributable to a quirky ENFP, I've seen similar behavior in them.

Well then, if you've seen it, it must be true.;)

The thing with Larry was NOT about affection - give me a break!

Bottom-line: She's a slapper who likes to mindf*ck.
If she's an ENFP, she's a pretty damned unhealthy one.

EDIT: Lots of contradictions in your arguments here. I think you just argue for the sake of arguing.

Negative_

Only saw the first movie but from what I remember, Jason Bourne seemed more ISTP-ish to me.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
The thing with Larry was NOT about affection - give me a break!
He wanted her. That's affection.

Bottom-line: She's a slapper who likes to mindf*ck.
If she's an ENFP, she's a pretty damned unhealthy one.
I never said she was completely healthy, in fact I agree with you. I used the euphemism "quirky" to be nice.

Lots of contradictions in your arguments here. I think you just argue for the sake of arguing.
Contradictions perhaps between what I said in one place and what you thought I meant somewhere else, but no. And I'm not. I simply very much think the character was ENFP, and I certainly don't think fictional characters are always typable. She is very real.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Interesting.

A few revisions (insofar as my opinion allows):

Ra's Al Ghul - INTJ.
Bruce Wayne - ISTP/INTJ
The Bride (Kill Bill) - xNTJ
Fox Mulder - INFP

Ra's Al Ghul was not an INTJ. His purpose in life was to serve the clan, to honor its tradition, to rid world of corruption and decadence, and he was willing to die for that cause. That's an ISTJ right there.

For Bruce Wayne, read my previous post in this thread.

I actually originally had Mulder listed as an INFP, but then I was convinced by an INFJ that Mulder was an INFJ as well. The gist of the argument is that Muldren is driven to discover the truth behind his sister's disappearance in a way only a J could be (to the point of obsession). He is also a rampant conspiracy theorist like most of INFJs. And his personality is that of a
"martyr". INFPs tend to be more of a "lamenting poet" than a "martyr"

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
Only saw the first movie but from what I remember, Jason Bourne seemed more ISTP-ish to me.
I was pretty certain he was an ISTP until the third movie. I'm still not sure that he's an ISTJ though. Somebody convince me of something.

Edit: Yeah, alright.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx

Jason Borne was driven by the need to discover his past, to set right what was wrong. ISTPs concentrate too much on the present to act like Jason Borne. He risked his life in order to "do the right thing" (he didn't assassinate his target because he had a child). And in a third movie you also see his reasons behind joining the service (out of strong sense of duty) and in the end he forgoes his revenge, that he was seeking for so long, in order to prevent his tormentor from getting the honor of being "an agent killed in the line of duty"

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Ra's Al Ghul was not an INTJ. His purpose in life was to serve the clan, to honor its tradition, to rid world of corruption and decadence, and he was willing to die for that cause. That's an ISTJ right there.

Yes: to honor the tradition, as a means to accomplish an adaptive goal. A willingness to violate the ethical treatises initially offered as tenet benchmarks to Bruce Wayne (while still hidden as Henri Ducard) - his eventual shift in identity is of incidental importance to these keystone beliefs.

This flexibility in behavior suggests independence from conventional adherence to ethical framework - the bread and butter of the typical xSTJ. Corruption and decadence are abstract entities - recall his interchange with Wayne near the movie's crescendo. His "Only a cynical man..." monologue conjures a creative awareness of the human condition that would likely escape the interest / skill set of an ISTJ (perhaps that of most INTJs as well...)

Maybe our central rub is in reconciling his intellect against his avowed behavior. Ra's is offered as a genius; a living embodiment of transcendent willpower. His attitudes and perspectives therefore conform more to the focus of this gift.

He is a foil to the uncompromising chaos of The Joker. A trickster v. a nobleman.

I stand firm behind INTJ.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Maybe our central rub is in reconciling his intellect against his avowed behavior. Ra's is offered as a genius; a living embodiment of transcendent willpower. His attitudes and perspectives therefore conform more to the focus of this gift.

It's a common trap for an NT to fall for - the assumption that true genius can only appear within NT personality.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
It's a common trap for an NT to fall for - the assumption that true genius can only appear within NT personality.

Or that temperament suggests capability in understanding what someone wrote...

...No counterpoints to my analysis of Ra's, then?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Or that temperament suggests capability in understanding what someone wrote...

...No counterpoints to my analysis of Ra's, then?

Not sure what is the crux of your argument that Ra's was an INTJ.

The fact that he tempted Bruce Wayne to break one of his ethical rules?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Not sure what is the crux of your argument that Ra's was an INTJ.

The fact that he tempted Bruce Wayne to break one of his ethical rules?

Not even slightly.

I've already explained my judgment.

You countered with a generalization that lacked basic connection to anything I've offered.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not even slightly.

I've already explained my judgment.

You countered with a generalization that lacked basic connection to anything I've offered.

Alright man. I don't want to turn this into a dick measuring contest.
Sorry if I offended your sensibilities.

I just shared with you the observations I've had of my fellow NTs. Same thing was stated in Please Understand Me by David Keirsey.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
You haven't offended me in the slightest.

I was hoping for a legitimate exchange of ideas. I could be incorrect in my assessment of Ra's as INTJ - as yet, I haven't encountered adequate countermeasures to my offered points.

No worries, Edgar.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ

I was hoping for a legitimate exchange of ideas. I could be incorrect in my assessment of Ra's as INTJ - as yet, I haven't encountered adequate countermeasures to my offered points.

No worries, Edgar.

What's the cabbage-head in you avatar about, Night?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx

No worries, Edgar.

That's good to know.

I just wanted to figure out exactly what you think Ra was doing that made him an INTJ. Like examples of his actions and the things he has said.

I wasn't sure what you were referring to in your original post.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
What's the cabbage-head in you avatar about, Night?

I googled "waistcoat" and found the little scamp tucked (strangely) in an article on finance.