• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

alfred hitchcock

T

ThatGirl

No way, his writings wreak of that f sense of distorted dark humor, and deffinate woman issues

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
He's a technical director that came up with numerous innovations in early special effects. He also seems to latch onto the mystery/thriller genre.

Yes, the psych is strong; he understands how to use shots and edits to manipulate and induce fear, but again, there is more of a Ti underlying technical understanding.

I'm not even a fan. ('though I haven't seen Psycho)

I'd say INTj with extroversion coming out in his knowledge and superiority of the art. Actors being "sheep", strength on set etc.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He's a technical director that came up with numerous innovations in early special effects. He also seems to latch onto the mystery/thriller genre.

Yes, the psych is strong; he understands how to use shots and edits to manipulate and induce fear, but again, there is more of a Ti underlying technical understanding.

I'm not even a fan. ('though I haven't seen Psycho)

I'd say INTj with extroversion coming out in his knowledge and superiority of the art. Actors being "sheep", strength on set etc.

bravo.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ENTP. There always seems to be a contingent of people who believe that extroverts can't produce works of any artistic merit outside of singing and acting.

T

ThatGirl

Entp tends to be optimistic and the focus of hitchcock seems more personal. He always dipicts strong female characters and the emotional damage they have on weaker more feely men. I'm guessing some chilhood issuse with having to please a dominant woman or watching someone else try. Also his male characters are either submissive or conflicted or evil. P would mean artistic detail. F would be the conflict. If he was projecting meaning.

There is an underlyning tone to his works that suggest INFP with a deep N.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^Um, T types tend to be cynical and skeptical while F types tend to be romantic.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
What type I'm guessing some sort of INF

If I remember correctly, according to David Keirsey he was an ISFP.

And Keirsey was never wrong. All Hail Keirsey!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I remember correctly, according to David Keirsey he was an ISFP.

And Keirsey was never wrong. All Hail Keirsey!

Of course, every artistically inclined person is going to be an ISFP to him.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Of course, every artistically inclined person is going to be an ISFP to him.

Why do you say that?

I know that he said that an ISFP is the type who is very attracted to the arts (which is true), but what makes you convinced that he would think that "every artistically inclined person is going to be an ISFP to him."?

T

ThatGirl

he is too intuned with patterns to not be a read between the lines guy

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm going with the ENTP theory. I think he placed the technical side before anything else. That whole actors' as cattle thing seems particularly true, and I've heard he wasn't so much concerned about the actors portrayal just so long as they stayed within a particular frame etc. This lends itself more to a T rather than an F in my opinion. Yes he certainly had inherent psychological themes to his movies but these were driven heavily by the screenplays. He also tended to direct with the view that the audience weren't passive participants. The use of colour, framing, musical scoring were used to arouse certain emotional responses from the audience. It is this notion of viewing the world as an audience (a point which he made explicitly in "Rear Window") that I believe is indicative of an ENTP personality type.

heart

heart on fire

He is INTJ using Fi. His stuff is very structured with a hint of the personal, but if he were INFP things would tilt more towards the inner emotional world of the characters than how they fit together externally. It would be more a Gothic than a thriller type feel, jmo.

Compare Psycho to Jane Eyre (the book by Bronte, not the movie).

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I am not too knowledgable on Hitchcock, but my first instinct from having seen some of his films would certainly be to say that he was NT rather than NF. I would add -NTJ judging by the comments I have been seeing from others about the way he worked. I see a fascination with human psychology and a lot of creativity, but very little tendency to line the dark clouds with silver in his work.