• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Umbrella Academy

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just finished watching the first season last week. If you haven't watched it, I recommend it.

Thoughts on types?

Interpretation of the characters' types are:

Luther - ISFJ
Allison - ESFP
Diego - ISTP
Klaus - ENFP
Vanya - INFP
Five - INTJ

Hazel - ENTJ
Cha Cha - ESTJ

Mr Hargreeves - INTJ
Peabody - INFJ

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Watched it and loved it. Can't wait for season 2.

While watching it I was thinking Klaus must be an ENFP. Seems like a classic ENFP.

Not sure about Allison and Vanya's at all. Couldn't quite place them.

I can see Hargreeves as a ENTJ. His talking style seems Te Dom and he is too much of a promotor (of the umbrella academy) to be an introvert. He seems to enjoy the attention.

But Hazel as an ENTJ??? I was thinking ISFP. He seems like an Fi dom.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Is this good? I watched a few minutes of the first episode and then my mom said it seemed a bit too complex at the time so we switched it off- but might try it again. It looks interesting

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just curious - why ENFP for Klaus, and not ENTP?

I'd go with ENFJ for Peabody. INFJs aren't very good at being manipulative on the fly like that. Maybe as advisors - from a position of observing, and not being directly involved - but it's kind of a trademark INFJ pitfall to loathe emotional surprises and to be relatively paralyzed/stunned by new information that almost everyone else barely notices (if they notice at all).

The monkey might be INFJ though.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Watched it and loved it. Can't wait for season 2.

While watching it I was thinking Klaus must be an ENFP. Seems like a classic ENFP.

Not sure about Allison and Vanya's at all. Couldn't quite place them.

I can see Hargreeves as a ENTJ. His talking style seems Te Dom and he is too much of a promotor (of the umbrella academy) to be an introvert. He seems to enjoy the attention.

But Hazel as an ENTJ??? I was thinking ISFP. He seems like an Fi dom.

I'd believe Hazel has Fi but I'm not sure I'd call him an Fi-dom. In a way, his ability and job, especially before he became more self-reflective indicated he could be quite detached emotionally. He's just slowly trying to get in more touch with his emotions. That's why he asked that donut lady to 'elaborate' when she started talking more about the simplicities of life. He was curious and wanted to understand more.

As for Mr. Hargreezes, I could certainly agree with you there. ENTJ is very much a possibility, even more likely than INTJ.

Is this good? I watched a few minutes of the first episode and then my mom said it seemed a bit too complex at the time so we switched it off- but might try it again. It looks interesting

I liked it. Not sure if its for everyone but the different characters were always enjoyable.

Just curious - why ENFP for Klaus, and not ENTP?

I'd go with ENFJ for Peabody. INFJs aren't very good at being manipulative on the fly like that. Maybe as advisors - from a position of observing, and not being directly involved - but it's kind of a trademark INFJ pitfall to loathe emotional surprises and to be relatively paralyzed/stunned by new information that almost everyone else barely notices (if they notice at all).

The monkey might be INFJ though.
ENFJ for Peabody could certainly be possible. I guess I was aligning his personality more to his mellow nature and less to his direct actions.

For Klaus, it feels as if all his choices are based on his feelings rather than any form of logical rationality. His 'selfishness' can also be ascribed to his Fi secondary. Hence, ENFP and not ENTP. Saying that, I could probably put ENTP as a secondary choice for him.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I enjoyed watching it too. There is some good chemistry between the characters.

I am pretty sure Klaus is Fi-user. I think seeing others and understanding by "putting youself in their shoes" or comparing to own feelings in particular situation can be a quality at times but also at times fault (it's easy to misread someone) of Fi-user . -> She must be scared, because she is discovering new abilities. ( I am scared because I am discovering new abilities).

Amberiat

Infinity
Five - ENTJ

Klaus - ENTP

Vanya - ISFP

Allison - ESFJ 3w2

Luther - ISTJ

Diego - xSTP (Looks a bit more like ISTP)