• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

David Letterman

kaboom

MBTI Type
INTP
My thoughts are he's an INTJ. He just doesn't seem to have the P...that's intuitive and not analytical on my part.

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
I'm convinced he's ISTP.

He also demonstrates great character for a person of any type at all.

?????? IMO Letterman is totally spineless.
He's constantly sucking up to his stupid guests, and every time it gets a little serious and he comes out from behind his boring shield of predictable humour and reveals his true personality he's a narrow-minded wimp. For one example, remember when he kicked Crispin Glover of for "trying to kick him in the head" and the stupid remarks/jokes he made about it afterwards.
Furthermore, when he attempts to talk about politics and intellectual issues he demonstrates no capability for free thought or insight beyond the media headlines. (Look at O'Reilly interviews, talking about 9/11 etc.)

No INTP I know of would behave the way he does.

I saw some Dick Cavett interviews a little while back. Now there's a host I can fall for.
Like him a lot too. He handles difficult stars, like Bowie on drugs, great.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Furthermore, when he attempts to talk about politics and intellectual issues he demonstrates no capability for free thought or insight beyond the media headlines. (Look at O'Reilly interviews, talking about 9/11 etc.)

Letterman is the least justified big ego I can think of in entertainment. I don't think he even bothers with media headlines; his thought processes are more back-of-the-cereal-box in nature. He doesn't go about being an idiot as an act intelligently like Ferguson or O'Brien do. He plays his schtick because those are the only cards he's holding. (Leno plays more of a straight comedian who just happens to also do interviews. Old school...)

I will toss out the wild guess of... ISTP

MBTI Type
INTJ
He's constantly sucking up to his stupid guests, and every time it gets a little serious and he comes out from behind his boring shield of predictable humour and reveals his true personality he's a narrow-minded wimp. For one example, remember when he kicked Crispin Glover of for "trying to kick him in the head" and the stupid remarks/jokes he made about it afterwards.

I'm not trying to be a wiseass, I'm seriously asking...have you ever seen his show? Your post suggests that you have not.

Sture

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hah
I'm not trying to be a wiseass, I'm seriously asking...have you ever seen his show? Your post suggests that you have not.

So that's not a rhetorical question, or?

Please develop your critique or give your own opinion.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
His very dry silliness throughout the years (more in sketches than live) still leads me to think INTP, along with certain unusual analyses he's made in interviews.

Danielson

MBTI Type
INFJ
He doesn´t seem so much of a robot to be INTJ. Has anybody noticed his constant need to find just the right word? That´s introverted thinking! (his dominant function). The way he ends his guests´ sentences suggests an intuitive type. Ergo he MUST be an INTP (not an ISTP).

Salmacis

ISTJ. He has a certain restrained, skeptical edge. He also seems noticeably withdrawn compared to some extroverted talk show hosts.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
This sack of shit is either ISTJ or ESTJ.

Grunfur

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFJ. Does nobody else see an enormous amount of Fe? And a lot of his material is structured in such an Si way.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP

I pretty much agree with this. I dislike all of the late night TV blow-hards. Professional kissasses.

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
he reminds me a lot of an entj friend who does improv. maybe more of a colbert if not for the stories about being introverted.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i really don't like this guy. so uptight and rigid. ISTJ? (no offense to other non-uptight and rigid ISTJ, i know a couple and love them)