• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Donald Trump's Myers-Briggs Type

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is just a bias against Ps. Understandable coming from a J. The high openness of Ps, in particular NPs, will sometimes come across as flighty or wishy-washy to strong J types.
Actually most evil dictators are J's because it takes more planning generally. The P's finally get one. God only knows how that happened.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would further say he seems to have many of the characteristics of an ESTP operating out of "the grip" of inferior introverted intuition.

1. Internal Confusion - They become confused and paranoid.

2. Inappropriate Attribution of Meaning - Effective dominant introverted intuitives are adept at interpreting their complex inner perceptions. They are highly selective of the information they process. In the grip of inferior introverted intuition, an extraverted sensing type, may because of a lack of experience, internalize random cues from the environment and interpret them as negative possibilities. Extraverted sensing types in their vulnerable phase may start reading between t he lines and attributing malevolent motives to people

3. Grandiose Visions and Magical Thinking - think this is self evident

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Guys, my 9 week puppy is more of a J than Trump is. Stahpp it you're traumatizing me.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
On the serious side: I am not sure about the whole ESTP story. I would rather say ENTP.
ENTPs aren't interested in the details but they run circles around people with ease. Plus for the most part he doesn't seem all that much physical for a Se dom. While there seems to be way too many games in the mix for a Se-dom.

ENTP 3w2, 8w7, 7w8. Sx/So

Amberiat

Infinity
On the serious side: I am not sure about the whole ESTP story. I would rather say ENTP.
ENTPs aren't interested in the details but they run circles around people with ease. Plus for the most part he doesn't seem all that much physical for a Se dom. While there seems to be way too many games in the mix for a Se-dom.

ENTP 3w2, 8w7, 7w8. Sx/So

Being an Se user doesn't mean you have to be physically active.

And the games I assume you're referring to are more likely related to haphazard Fe usage.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Being an Se user doesn't mean you have to be physically active.

And the games I assume you're referring to are more likely related to haphazard Fe usage.

Yes and ENTPs also have that tertiary Fe. For me the whole vibe is to just too tricky and with too many "smoke and mirrors" for a Se-dom.
But ok, ESTP can pass as well.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On the serious side: I am not sure about the whole ESTP story. I would rather say ENTP. ENTPs aren't interested in the details but they run circles around people with ease. Plus for the most part he doesn't seem all that much physical for a Se dom. While there seems to be way too many games in the mix for a Se-dom. ENTP 3w2, 8w7, 7w8. Sx/So
He doesnt have even a shred of visionary forward looking thinking but is an effective tactical leader. Look at how he failed to grasp the risk of a pandemic years in advance and even a couple months ago. Look at what he is doing right now. Its him at his best and he has a logistical leader (Mike Pence) ar his side. They seem to compliment each other well.

A friend of mine who is a really smart ESTP similarly thought the coronavirus thing was completely overblown even two weeks ago. They may not be especially forward looking but in a crisis can be very assertive and effective leaders - making other types look like amateurs.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He doesnt have even a shred of visionary forward looking thinking but is an effective tactical leader. Look at how he failed to grasp the risk of a pandemic years in advance and even a couple months ago. Look at what he is doing right now. Its him at his best and he has a logistical leader (Mike Pence) ar his side. They seem to compliment each other well.

A friend of mine who is a really smart ESTP similarly thought the coronavirus thing was completely overblown even two weeks ago. They may not be especially forward looking but in a crisis can be very assertive and effective leaders - making other types look like amateurs.

Meh, to be fair, I thought it was overblown too, from years of the media overhyping these diseases. Remember swine flu and sars?

My job start is delayed two more weeks because of this, so I think it's pretty serious.

Tomb1

Stackemup Enneagram Description For Enneatype III

"They begin to live more in fantasy...

...As they sink more into their fantasy world, their goals and self-image become more expansive. They weave together new fantastic rationales for their circumstances in order to recast themselves as the star. They exaggerate their own powers and come up with intricate rationalizations to feed their self-worth. They put others on notice that they are a superior being and that admiration is their due, that others need to be rolling out the red carpet for them.

Threes are self-aggrandizing. At bottom, their positive outlook is a thin veneer for a despairing life. Threes have no true relation to others and their overconfidence is pierced by reminders of their failings and falseness at every turn. Now having suffered persecution from non-admirers, threes believe they have confirmation of their importance, of their greatness. They put themselves on the pedestal of a messianic figure. They have a sense that history begins and ends with them, as if the transition from b.c. to a.d. occurred at some benchmark in the three's life such as raking in the first million dollars.

Unhealthy Threes are narcissistic. Their grandiosity is flagrant, maintained by disdain for reality, since reality is full of people who don’t share the threes' high sense of worth."

What a minority of people confuse as 8 for Trump is accounted for by his socionics type (SLE-Ti)...Trump is SLE-Ti 3w2 so/sp

An 8 (like Saddam Hussein or Joe Stalin) would have never shown weakness when it came to shutting down the entire country, instituting shelter-in-place type orders and exercising power on a large scale....an 8 would have overplayed the risk as a first response, not downplayed it. Overplaying the risk lays the foundation for making a bigger power grab. I also don't believe you would see Saddam or Stalin standing within a foot of anybody as Trump does during his press conferences (The 8's disintegration to point five would invite mandatory distance). As a general of thumb, a crisis like this would play perfectly into the 8's dictatorial instincts, and mass production would be objectified to an "inhuman" level.

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Stackemup Enneagram Description For Enneatype III

"They begin to live more in fantasy...

...As they sink more into their fantasy world, their goals and self-image become more expansive. They weave together new fantastic rationales for their circumstances in order to recast themselves as the star. They exaggerate their own powers and come up with intricate rationalizations to feed their self-worth. They put others on notice that they are a superior being and that admiration is their due, that others need to be rolling out the red carpet for them.

Threes are self-aggrandizing. At bottom, their positive outlook is a thin veneer for a despairing life. Threes have no true relation to others and their overconfidence is pierced by reminders of their failings and falseness at every turn. Now having suffered persecution from non-admirers, threes believe they have confirmation of their importance, of their greatness. They put themselves on the pedestal of a messianic figure. They have a sense that history begins and ends with them, as if the transition from b.c. to a.d. occurred at some benchmark in the three's life such as raking in the first million dollars.

Unhealthy Threes are narcissistic. Their grandiosity is flagrant, maintained by disdain for reality, since reality is full of people who don’t share the threes' high sense of worth."

What a minority of people confuse as 8 for Trump is accounted for by his socionics type (SLE-Ti)...Trump is SLE-Ti 3w2 so/sp

An 8 (like Saddam Hussein or Joe Stalin) would have never shown weakness when it came to shutting down the entire country, instituting shelter-in-place type orders and exercising power on a large scale....an 8 would have overplayed the risk as a first response, not downplayed it. Overplaying the risk lays the foundation for making a bigger power grab. I also don't believe you would see Saddam or Stalin standing within a foot of anybody as Trump does during his press conferences (The 8's disintegration to point five would invite mandatory distance). As a general of thumb, a crisis like this would play perfectly into the 8's dictatorial instincts, and mass production would be objectified to an "inhuman" level.

INFP.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
All of you are wrong.

ENTJ 3 so/sx

XenMargolis

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ESTP. I agree he is definitely an "In-Charge" type, but he is far too materialistic for high intuition and he is defiant and self-centered in a way ESTJs usually aren't. High Te users also tend to care about making themselves easily understood with their communication. He seems to care a lot more about getting a reaction when he speaks.

Definitely a 3 Core, too.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I can't tell if he's an ESFP or an ENTJ. I've got reasons for each case.

I'm leaning towards ESFP though. His Se and Fi seem too natural, and the Te and Ni are a bit weaker it seems. Though I've also seen what seemed to be Se+Fi used in a shadow mode. I think ESFP though.

YouTube from this video I sense a pressure in his directive/J speech that isn't present in his adaptive/P speech. His Se emphaticness is very strong, and his draws are on emotive terms.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Regarding enneagram, type 3 makes sense. He doesn't seem particularly angry, fearful or ashamed, however I can see how he may be repressing shame and may have it flood him at various times.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTP 8w7 > 3w2 > 6w7 so/sp

He's opportunistic and materialistic, and his speeches play off the emotions of crowds and are more...shall we say, improvisational in nature. That's why I don't think he's an ExTJ. However, he cares a lot about being seen as in charge or as a dominant figure within the context of social dynamics, which is why I gave him an so-dom typing as far as his Enneagram instincts.