• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Donald Trump's Myers-Briggs Type

yeghor

This doesn't happen often but it turns out Edgar was wrong. Trump is ESTP.

ESTPs are quite good at foreseeing implications, especially immediate ones. They are quite tactical. However, I wouldn't call ESTPs strategic. I would call them tactical. In a democracy which is won by the best marketer, one doesn't necessarily have to be strategic either. One has to portray one's plans as the most strategic. Of course it helps to have a genuinely better strategy. This is why there are experts behind any president. They provide the strategy and the president runs the tactical show.

He's an averagely healthy 8w7.

3 is just in his tritype the "mover shaker" not his core type. That would indeed be 8w7. 873

378 The Mover Shaker

DONALD TRUMP IS the only American capable of living completely in the present. Not “present†in the psychotherapeutic sense of “mindfulness,†but the actual, temporal, chronological present. The moment that exists literally momentarily — and disappears. The fleeting now. The space where any serious consideration of the past or the future is completely immaterial.

Trump fascinates and attracts precisely because he is completely unburdened by the past and freed from concerns for the future. No amount of failure, either personal or professional, weighs upon him. He is, in this sense, the anti-Nixon. He shows zero concern for verifiable history. His bankruptcies and divorces don’t matter to him — so why should they matter to his supporters? He has zero guilt and even less shame. He doesn’t flip-flop or waffle or reverse himself because when you exist completely in the present, as he does, nothing occurring previously holds any consequence.

Trump is trapped in the moment - The Boston Globe

I think he is ESTP / SLE-Ti and 7w8 sp/so

He can't reason or think logically. He refuses to prepare for anything, operating completely on impulse, won't read Intelligence briefings or plan a fucking thing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. He's been a loner his whole life and makes shit up about himself that isn't even true, going so far as pretending to be other people on the telephone just to talk about how great some guy named Donald is. Is there even a type for an insecure idiot like that? You tell me.

He is undoubtedly a 8w7 ESTP to me. I know how to type people via videos exceptionally well.

Agreed he's an ESTP but disagree on his enneagram type. He's a 7w8 since his primary focus is excessive, conspicuous consumption.

I think Trump is definitely an Ambivert. ENTP, or ENTJ

He is very patient when he isn't debating. He thinks about what he says very carefully, and simply so it sticks in one's mind. He is strategic beyond what most people think. This man, is a master of the political "Art of War".

This is Trump prior to losing his mind.

Questionable, since 8 probably wouldn't be able to do the amount of scams and games he did. Plus he is like this exactly since he is playing for the anti-establishment audience, that are the core of his voting base (and there is plenty of people with 8 in tritype there). I was born in Communism and I can assure you that 3s from such system weren't anything like stereotypical American 3s. 3s can look like anything else, what defines a 3 is desire to win. (in order to feel that they are worth something)

In my book he is probably something like this.

368, 386 • ​most provocative/loyal 3, debater, industrious/rebellious/anti-authoritarian, natural leader, justice fighter, can be mistaken for 8, the reactive 3

378, 387 • most expeditious/assertive 3, accomplished/dynamic go-getter, jolly, big energy, super achiever, mistaken for 7 or 8. Focused on achieving success, especially success in the eyes of others. The attention goes to identifying the role needed to make the achievements that are viewed as successful. With success comes power.

It is just acting.

Go to 17:05 and listen to the question from Walters and his answer. He lives in the moment, not the future.

Additionally, to claim he's not detail-oriented is to be incredibly young, or not an American with a TV or the ability to read interviews. Donald has repeatedly spoken about how important details are since the 1980's. Anyone who has listened to his interviews prior to the internet's existence would already know this about him. But for the kids who didn't have that opportunity:

Q: In your view, what's the particular genius of Donald Trump?

A: His building skills. Particularly with the early projects like the Hyatt, which was his first project. He was there every day; he was extremely detail-oriented. Now, almost everybody on every side of the political ledger says he doesn't appear to be detailed as a presidential candidate. But that was really not the case in his early career as a builder and developer; he was extremely focused, as his father was.

Wayne Barrett covered Donald Trump for 40 years. - Vox

Life existed before he became president.

Yup, posterchild ESTP 7w8.

I have always thought he comes across like an ESTP. I don't see an ounce of strategy there but a great deal of tactical effectiveness. Here are some other data points

On the serious side: I am not sure about the whole ESTP story. I would rather say ENTP.
ENTPs aren't interested in the details but they run circles around people with ease. Plus for the most part he doesn't seem all that much physical for a Se dom. While there seems to be way too many games in the mix for a Se-dom.

ENTP 3w2, 8w7, 7w8. Sx/So

I've also used to think him as an ESTP swindler but something never felt quite right to me about that in that Trump is actually an eccentric and goofy/weird guy. An ESTP is a no nonsense person and can rip you in half or beat the shit out of you if you cross them. I've never seen Trump act aggressively, he even doesn't come across as threatening, he rather comes across as silly.

The next closest thing to an ESTP is therefore....an ENTP. He's all act, facade and bravado, a cardboard tiger. That would make him an E7 rather than an E8.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
ESFP

He uses Fi and Te, and somewhat reminds me of at least one ESFP I've known.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
@yeghor

It's weird to me that you associate Se so much with aggression.

Come to think of it I do know some aggressive ESxPs, but also very passive ones. Plus, other functions can be aggressive too (I'm thinking Te and Fe).

Though, honestly, most of what you say about type sounds off and somewhat made up.

I think you're missing the truth seeking aspect of your Ni. Type doesn't work how you think it does.

Try to realise just how far your ideas are from the way it really works.

As someone who has mastered the art of typing (by at least one method), I have a lot of insight to know an accurate theory when I see it.

yeghor

@yeghor

It's weird to me that you associate Se so much with aggression.

Come to think of it I do know some aggressive ESxPs, but also very passive ones. Plus, other functions can be aggressive too (I'm thinking Te and Fe).

Though, honestly, most of what you say about type sounds off and somewhat made up.

I think you're missing the truth seeking aspect of your Ni. Type doesn't work how you think it does.

Try to realise just how far your ideas are from the way it really works.

As someone who has mastered the art of typing (by at least one method), I have a lot of insight to know an accurate theory when I see it.

In my earlier post herein, you'll see that other people quoted therein most of the time typed him as ESTP and E8 at the same time.

Unhealthy E8s exhibit criminal and violent behaviour as described below: note keywords criminal, outlaw, barbaric, murderous, sociopathic, destruction, ruthless, con-artist, violent. Healthy E8s may have learned to rein in their impulses and become better socially-adjusted.

I don't feel any threat of physical volatility or violence from Trump.

1661075646587.png

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ummm.... what part of that isn't Trump?

The guy is also in his 70's, and physicality is only part of a person. Experience also contributes to how type is manifested, including abuse and relationships with formative guardians during growth. I would say my dad was an ESTP / e8 and pretty similar to Trump in terms of broad attitudes, but he wasn't physical much when older either -- neither one of them was physically in good shape.

I haven't seen Trump show any real iNtuition as a dominant/leading trait. his interest resides in the physical realm and his intuitions are typically unhoned and clumsy leading to the variety of mistakes he commonly makes.

Last edited:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

The guy is also in his 70's, and physicality is only part of a person. Experience also contributes to how type is manifested, including abuse and relationships with formative guardians during growth. I would say my dad was an ESTP / e8 and pretty similar to Trump in terms of broad attitudes, but he wasn't physical much when older either -- neither one of them was physically in good shape.

I haven't seen Trump show any real iNtuition as a dominant/leading trait. his interest resides in the physical realm and his intuitions are typically unhoned and clumsy leading to the variety of mistakes he commonly makes.

yeghor

ESTPs even in old age usually look physically more menacing and they overaccesorize to signal to others that they still got it. And they look like thugs. They got this dead stare in their eyes to signal to others that they are not to be messed with.

I don't get that from Trump's body language.

Giani Russo

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
ESFP

He uses Fi and Te, and somewhat reminds me of at least one ESFP I've known.
Looking at his videos, I think he's directive, though, so ENTJ.
Your voice based system seems to have a blindspot around directive/adaptive aspect.