• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Donald Trump's Myers-Briggs Type

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
As though more proof were needed for ESTP...

ESTP.gif
trump.jpg

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, Edgar said it and he is right. Anyone who thinks Donald Trump is an ESTP should read some of his biographies. If you look at his business moves, he is a big time strategic thinker.
This doesn't happen often but it turns out Edgar was wrong. Trump is ESTP.

Starry

This doesn't happen often but it turns out Edgar was wrong. Trump is ESTP.

I feel like you knew on some level though that you were wrong because that "should read some of his biographies" seems very mild.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I feel like you knew on some level though that you were wrong because that "should read some of his biographies" seems very mild.

I wrote that 9 years ago. Who knows what I was thinking. By noon I forget what I had for breakfast. I brought up that quote because Zara just repped me on it.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTP. Strategic mastermind? Nah. More like someone who likes to paint himself one. I know a potential ESTP who also does this. Painting himself as more amazing than he was. But then that could just be his 3w2 speaking.
He doesn't strike me as far sighted at all. He is very impulsive with words (foot in mouth) which gets him in trouble. Overconfident overblowing his abilities. Very in the moment.
Not mention he just gives exudes the ESTP salesperson vibe like crazy.
SX/so definately!

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
ESTP makes sense. He seems ESTJ on the surface but is clearly a Ti/Fe guy.

Which despite all the Te Fi people I know freaking out that the apocalypse is coming is a really good thing. We have been starved of Ti rather than Fi based leadership for way too long.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very ESTP, some people are thrown off his type because ESTPs share a in charge interaction style with ENTJs(and ESTJs) that is focused on getting results.

Very impulsive, little moderation, competitive drive, crude, blunt communication style that appeals to certain segments of the electorate.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTJ 8

Oh hell yes. ENTJs are very conscious of their social status.

Also, Donald Trumps ideas on revenge are very NTJ-ish. He said that if someone screws him out of a million, he will spend 10 million to get his revenge.

ESTPs tend to be a lot more forgiving than ENTJs.

Pretty much this. I'm not sure an ESTP would still care about some stupid feud with Rosie O'Donnel.

Yes, very much so. In fact ENTJ's are more likely to take things personally than ESTP's.

Well I read through a few chapters of the book and it's really a lot about thinking big with less focus on kicking ass. It shows a huge N preference.

Haven't read it, but this seems like a valid point.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He has overwhelming Se and Te. I'd say ENTJ or (less likely) ESFP with a tertiary loop. I don't see any Ti or Fe in him at all.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTP makes sense. He seems ESTJ on the surface but is clearly a Ti/Fe guy.

Which despite all the Te Fi people I know freaking out that the apocalypse is coming is a really good thing. We have been starved of Ti rather than Fi based leadership for way too long.

Fi-based leadership? That seems ironic considering we've had an Fe-dom in office for the past 8 years.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Quintessential ESTP.

Inferior function : Ni : Foreseeing implications, transformations, and likely effects : This is gonna be fun :D

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Quintessential ESTP.

Inferior function : Ni : Foreseeing implications, transformations, and likely effects : This is gonna be fun :D

ESTPs are quite good at foreseeing implications, especially immediate ones.

They are quite tactical. However, I wouldn't call ESTPs strategic. I would call them tactical.

The terms tactic and strategy are often confused: tactics are the actual means used to gain an objective, while strategy is the overall campaign plan, which may involve complex operational patterns, activity, and decision-making that lead to tactical execution.

In a democracy which is won by the best marketer, one doesn't necessarily have to be strategic either. One has to portray one's plans as the most strategic. Of course it helps to have a genuinely better strategy. This is why there are experts behind any president. They provide the strategy and the president runs the tactical show.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
ESTPs are quite good at foreseeing implications, especially immediate ones.

They are quite tactical. However, I wouldn't call ESTPs strategic. I would call them tactical.

There's nothing to foresee about an implication when it's in an immediate context, as you put it, now is there ?
That's extraverted sensing. By definition : "Experiencing and acting in the immediate context."
ESTPs primary function.
Of course they're good at that.
edit : Arguably, ESTPs often make a decision without considering much of the long term consequences.

Yeah, ESTPs are tactical, and shrewd, more often than not.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Still ESTJ, he is not S enough to be ESTP. He is to strong organizational and manage like an EJ. He lacks almost all signs of being a P. :shrug: he matches alot of ESTJs i see, not ESTPs.

Inferior Fi is strong.

SR7

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXTX
Enneagram
6w5
he's an ESTP master troll.