• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Donald Trump's Myers-Briggs Type

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyhhFzE5O5U"]Fight[/YOUTUBE]

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes, Edgar said it and he is right.

Anyone who thinks Donald Trump is an ESTP should read some of his biographies.

If you look at his business moves, he is a big time strategic thinker.

Yeah guys -- everyone knows NTJ are the only ones who can legitimately strategize.
Get with the program.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah guys -- everyone knows NTJ are the only ones who can legitimately strategize.
Get with the program.

I have a very developed sarcasm meter, and it registered this post as "highly sarcastic".

But anyway, there were plenty of ESTP strategists - Rommel, Patton, and Alexander the Great being prime examples.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
My impression of him would be an ESTP desperately trying to give off an ENTJ persona.

I don't relate to him at all though, so perhaps he is ENTJ.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
My impression of him would be an ESTP desperately trying to give off an ENTJ persona.

In my experience, the exact opposite is a lot more likely to happen.

Anecdotal evidence, I know, but still.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type

That's true. From my observations, NTs can halfway fake SP right up until the point where SP counts, like demonstration of a physical talent. Then the NT had better back it up with twice as much experience as the respective SP.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1

Trump to me seems like a natural showman and salesman, he is full of bluster and bravado but I don't think he is the strategic mastermind he makes himself out to be. What you guys are saying is that he is encouraging a "showman" type persona which doesn't actually come naturally to him? You could be right, that would explain why something (other than his hair) feels very fake about him.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's true. From my observations, NTs can halfway fake SP right up until the point where SP counts, like demonstration of a physical talent. Then the NT had better back it up with twice as much experience as the respective SP.

If you saw me karaoke, you'd swear I was an ESFP.

Where I lack in SP, I compensate with an immense talent and sex appeal.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Trump to me seems like a natural showman and salesman, he is full of bluster and bravado but I don't think he is the strategic mastermind he makes himself out to be. What you guys are saying is that he is encouraging a "showman" type persona which doesn't actually come naturally to him? You could be right, that would explain why something (other than his hair) feels very fake about him.

Trump realized early in life that he could charge a premium for a name recognition.

That and he is an immense attention whore.

D

Dali

Lol x? this guy doesn't feel!

ESTP

[/thread]

I meant the 'publicity-basking' could apply to both ESPs way better than other types suggested.

But Monsieur Trump is very clearly ESTP, yes.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, I can't argue with statements such as " very clearly".

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
If you look at the Abu Dhabi part you see him doing the classical ESTP-routine which is promoting.

Also when they strike the subject of infrastructure, the plans for the city and so on, Trump is quick to go from headline to specific details: infrastructure -> "new highways, new trainsystems..." / artistic capital of the world -> "museums, [...] they're getting the greatest paintings in the world, the greatest entertainers in the world..."

And talking about this, he never leaves the present tense.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
one of my best friends is ESTP... I would say these are indicators:

-never leaves present tense.
-shamelessly promotes rather than strategizes
-can get ridiculous about how many attractions are deemed "neccessary" to make a venture work (they over estimate)--> "museums, [...] they're getting the greatest paintings in the world, the greatest entertainers in the world..."

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had thought perhaps ESTJ, because that is supposed to be the dominant type of society, and he does seem to embody the prevailing picture of American scuccess. what he first started doing this whole "employer" reality series; he stressed the need for conservative dress on the interviews or job, which made him sound like a traditionalistic "status quo" guardian.
But then it was suggested that SJ's are not as showing off with their money as he is, so ESTP was morelike it. That would make sense too, and as is being commented in another thread; that would seem to be the secondary type of society.