User Tag List

123 Last

Default How do you keep up to date with pop/youth culture?

I was wondering if anyone ever thinks about this, I subscribe to dozen or so pop cultural pages on facebook, den of geek, last exit to nowhere, that sort of stuff and a few others I dont remember just now, those are maybe two of the better ones as some of the lesser or older ones seem to change hands in terms of ownership and the content either dries up or becomes awful, the last one I unfollowed was humans of late capitalism which isnt as good as it used to be at all, did you know is the same, I thought it got taken over by some David Icke types to be honest.

Sites other than facebook pages, I used to visit the Burning House until it finished abruptly when that guy got the book deal, Humans of New York I still follow but mainly on facebook now, postsecret I religiously follow but none of the secrets I posted them ever got exhibited or posted to the site, I figure they get A LOT of submissions and its been running a long time too. Its one of the better examples of the same.

I tend to try and get information about all current affairs and trending things through those sources, film, TV, events, what about the rest of you? Do you follow any significant alternative sources of media, infowars or indymedia or anything of that sort? What are you main motives? Just to hear alternative opinions or to keep up to date with subcultures or what?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't bother trying to keep up with this stuff. If an opportunity to learn about some of it comes my way, I might take advantage of it, but I generally have better things to do.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

We have 4 kids from 28 to 16. Plus all their friends. Plus Twitter and Reddit (I refuse to set foot on a FB platform so no Instagram, WhatsApp, Occulus, tbh and oh look, a new government issued ID verification platform, nice). I stay up to date with little effort.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Reddit.

Deleted Account

I dunno, if you mean like memes, from my experience a meme hits sites like Tumblr or Reddit first, then it's old by the time Youtube or Twitter get it, and it's dead when it gets to Facebook.

Slightly Petulant Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

I don’t. I passed being cool (is that even a term anymore?) a long time ago. I think 30 is probably the drop off point. I like what I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    I don’t. I passed being cool (is that even a term anymore?) a long time ago. I think 30 is probably the drop off point. I like what I like.
    I can agree with this.

I'm right around that age where I'm completely oblivious to certain upcoming celebrities/musicians/trends when talking with people younger than myself.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I read Tigerbeat, /b, and wear SnapChat glasses.

I don't try, but I perk up when I see anything genuinely new seeming and sometimes I get a glimpse as to what's going on in others' circles.
    ▵▵▵
    Likes Lark liked this post

Slightly Petulant Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I can agree with this.

I'm right around that age where I'm completely oblivious to certain upcoming celebrities/musicians/trends when talking with people younger than myself.
    My buddies ten year old just keeps looking at me incredulously every time I don’t know who some youtuber is or what the biggest song is currently.

Time marches on.

I don't care what Justin Bieber is doing.
    Likes Lark, Shingeki no Kyojin, Floki liked this post